Valenth's Thoughts from Week 6...

Valenth
SEOP

Valenth's Thoughts from Week 6...

Post by Valenth »

Well... that was an interesting weekend. I came up with a few conclusions....

#1. The BIG XII still to this day does not know DEFENSE...

I don't think anyone would have expected that Barn burner of a Red River Rivalry... but it did exceed the expectations that possibly anyone would have expected. However the frontrunner for the BIG XII right now is Oklahoma State... which has'nt looked all that good this year either...

#2. The SEC MIGHT NOT be as strong as expected...

After Watching the Ole Miss and Alabama game... The Rebels Exploited many weaknesses of the Crimson Tide.. and you know every team will be watching that footage for ideas on how to crack the code to down Saban's crew..

#3. Clemson is as Advertised....

I predicted Miami would hang for a little bit but Clemson would pull away... and that was the case...

#4. The SEC East is between Florida and Georgia...

Florida suffering a loss to the Aggies and Georgia having a Slow start vs. the Volunteers.... Its a toss up between these two teams on who takes the SEC East.

#5. My Upset call came to reality.... LSU losing to Mizzou on Saturday had Coach O less than pleased at the Defensive performance of his team. However his QB is quite good! There are opportunities this year.. However, they're a shell of their former team from Last Year.

#6. Can UNC contend with Clemson?

UNC looks quite good this year Hanging 50+ Points on Virginia Tech... However we do know that the Hokies had a number of players out due to COVID. I still think that Clemson is just too tough and had too much talent not to lose the ACC.

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Valenth's Thoughts from Week 6...

Post by Omega »

Valenth, you do better than the E$PN talking heads.

With Bama, Georgia, and Clemson rising to the top, you can say recruiting matters.

Clemson may be better than advertised. The played like crap.but still soundly beat a decent Miami team.

A good defensive team now may be defined as one who can hold opponents to 4 touchdowns game.

Where will Ohio State and the Big 10 fit in to the playoff picture? Will their extended layoff hurt or help in making the playoffs. Will the CFP be Clemson plus three $EC teams?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels

Return to “College Sports”