Ohio State Opens At Home Against Nebraska

Omega
SEOPS H

Ohio State Opens At Home Against Nebraska

Post by Omega »

Your Tiger Bait may be a bit under the weather so I will get this started for him. The Big Ten football season in the year of contagion finally kicks off this weekend as the Ohio State Buckeyes host the Nebraska Cornhuskers.

The 6th ranked Bucks could be an offensive juggernaut with Heismsn candidate Justin Fields operating behind a veteran offensive line. The receiving corp led by Garrett Wilson and Chris Olave figure to be the best in the conference. The running backs should be serviceable with Master Teague and Oklahoma transfer Trey Sermon.

Despite the return of Zach Harrison, Shaun Wade, and a veteran linebacking group, the Buckeye defense will need to develop.quickly on the line and secondary if OSU is to contend.

Ohio opens as at least a 21 point favorite, but as the early games played out in the other conferences who started play last month, I guess we should expect sloppy play and mistakes to be the rule rather than the exception.

My guess on the outcome would be State 38 Huskers 27.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Ohio State Opens At Home Against Nebraska

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

thanks omega. I have been busier than a one legged mailman. and this covid thingie has so many being busy. I'm glad to chat buckeye football. what do people here think might be the buckeyes weakest point. you may have already touched on it. the running back position is my concern. and backup qb.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:57 am thanks omega. I have been busier than a one legged mailman. and this covid thingie has so many being busy. I'm glad to chat buckeye football. what do people here think might be the buckeyes weakest point. you may have already touched on it. the running back position is my concern. and backup qb.
The defense is my area of concern and depth will be critical if any of the front line players have to quarantine. That and there is still no guarantee the season will be played to a conclusion.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

51-24 Bucks in this one with both teams looking a little sloppy at times while shaking the rust off.

The O line will be fierce. Fields will be an animal. The WR group is possibly the best in OSU history with Olave, Wilson and a slew of other young guys that will be big time players this year.

The only concern for me is RB. With both Teague and Sermon they should be fine.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

I agree with Omega about the D and overall team depth. My question is for the rest of the conference....How does the rest of the teams stack up?

Guess I'm asking for a preview of the B1G Ten? 'Bout time for 9.5 inches to chime in with his Hairball preview.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

OHHS old timer wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:35 pm I agree with Omega about the D and overall team depth. My question is for the rest of the conference....How does the rest of the teams stack up?

Guess I'm asking for a preview of the B1G Ten? 'Bout time for 9.5 inches to chime in with his Hairball preview.
The Big 10 looks like the usual suspects: OSU, Penn State and Michigan in the East. Wisconsin, Minnesota and Iowa in the West.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2020/10 ... ery-team/7

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Has there been any thing set far as fans in the stand for this game ?

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:57 pm Has there been any thing set far as fans in the stand for this game ?
I read that the total attendance allowed for a game will be capped at 1,600, and that included players, coaches, media and staff. Outside attendees will be limited to players parents. No band, no cheerleaders.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... erformance

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Wow, will seem very odd without TBDBITL there.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

OHHS old timer wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:35 pm I agree with Omega about the D and overall team depth. My question is for the rest of the conference....How does the rest of the teams stack up?

DON'T NEED NO PREVIEW......THIS IS ENOUGH SAID......MIGHT AS WELL GET THE CRYING TISSUES OUT EARLY....TIMER .....

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

And the old feisty wolverine himself has come out of his summer hibernation! Welcome back inches, things will be lively in here now. :lol:

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Thank you c clamp......Been busy about all summer.........built three new rental cabins to add on to my business........It will allow me to buy me a new d 9 dozer that I have been needing pretty badly.........it will make my work way more easy moving tons of earth in a blink of an eye to clear more way for more builds.........go blue................

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

9.5 INCHES wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:09 am

DON'T NEED NO PREVIEW......THIS IS ENOUGH SAID......MIGHT AS WELL GET THE CRYING TISSUES OUT EARLY....TIMER .....

Why should I cry, inches? I live in NW Fla and have followed the Noles since 1980. BTW....we are 2-1 all-time against the Ann Arbor Aardvarks.

You might recall us visiting your field in 1991 and had a pick 6 on the third play of the game....51-31 final score.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

OHHS old timer wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:05 pm
9.5 INCHES wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:09 am

Why should I cry, inches? I live in NW Fla and have followed the Noles since 1980. BTW....we are 2-1 all-time against the Ann Arbor Aardvarks.

You might recall us visiting your field in 1991 and had a pick 6 on the third play of the game....51-31 final score.
Wasn't actually pointing the finger at you for crying.......timer.........those on here know who they are.......I got some tissues just waiting for the excuse criers........just coming back at you with your hairball poke.......ann arbor aardvarks..........funny.......FSU hasn't been too good hear lately.......good poke though............

Return to “College Sports”