Valenth's Week 8 Thoughts...

Valenth
SEOP

Valenth's Week 8 Thoughts...

Post by Valenth »

Well week 8 is in the books... heres my thoughts...

#1. B1G East Divison looks far Superior to the West Division...

Ohio State rolled the Huskers... Xichigan downed Minnesota... and Indiana is looking like a force this year after upsetting Penn State... Michigan State and Iowa looked quite disappointing... IMO Wisconsin can just dance their way to the B1G Championship game... because The West Division looks pretty fickle.

#2. The Herd continued to Roll...

Marshall is still undefeated and could very well be the best team in CUSA... they're very well rounded on both sides of the ball.

#3. Oklahoma State and Kansas State are the BIG XIIs only hope for a playoff Spot. The Cowboys took care of Iowa State in a close contest and Kansas State flat out destroyed Kansas. Both of these teams are playing great ball... and Oklahoma State actually has some Defense.. which is a rarity for a BIG XII Team...

#4. Not much to say about the SEC... I still believe it will be an Alabama bs Georgia conference Championship matchup.

#5. Cincinnati is the BEST Group of 5 chances for a playoff Spot. However it's unlikely with all Power 5 Conferences returning.

#6. Notre Dame looked amazing against Pittsburgh... BUT after I predicted a Pitt Upset i did not realize till later that their QB was out. And I'm still not sold on the Irish... someone down the road I think will hand them a loss.

#6. Clemson at first has issues with Syracuse .. but stepped on the gas pedal and didnt look back... they're still the ACC favorite by a LONNNNNNG Shot.

Thoughts?

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Valenth's Week 8 Thoughts...

Post by Omega »

Too me, the take away from week 8, at least for the Big 10, is the emergence of QB Graham Mertz at Wisconsin and Joe Milton at Michigan. Will Ohio State actual face a challenge for conference supremacy?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

And speaking of Graham Mertz:

Wisconsin QB Graham Mertz awaiting confirmation of positive COVID-19 test

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... d-19-test/

Hope the young man's second test comes back negative. College football needs fresh talented faces. It also shows how fragile the 2020 CFB season is given the existing rules.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Love where the Herd is !! They play
daRn good defense and run the ball well.
Wells/Knox a heckuva combo.

Not sold at all on ND. Their showdown with Clemson should bring them baCk to reality.

UC is legit. Wouldn’t expect anything less from a Fickle coaches team.

OSU needs to continue to get better week in week out.
And STAY HEALTHY !

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Omega wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:40 pm And speaking of Graham Mertz:

Wisconsin QB Graham Mertz awaiting confirmation of positive COVID-19 test

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... d-19-test/

Hope the young man's second test comes back negative. College football needs fresh talented faces. It also shows how fragile the 2020 CFB season is given the existing rules.
This entire season is Fluid. NOTHING is Guaranteed... WE need the B1G to be a strong Conference. Right now Wisconsin is the only Strength in the West.

Return to “College Sports”