osu vs indiana

blackshooky
All Conference

osu vs indiana

Post by blackshooky »

you have a 100,000 capacity stadium and parents aren’t allowed to attend? what a bunch of bullshit that is.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Re: osu vs indiana

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

play tough hoosiers.......you got enough horses if you play your cards right.......only thing that's against ya is you are playing in CRYBUS........get um hoosiers..........

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Hoosiers defense, specifically the d-line is playing dominant right now.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Buckeye secondary got TORCHED!!! IF the Hoosiers could've run the ball...the score would've been quite different imho.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Ohio State won in the end but were badly exposed. Indiana simply dominated the second half by punching the Buckeyes in the mouth. The Hoosiers were quicker, faster, more physical, and more aggressive and intelligent on both sides of the ball.Tom Allen out coached Ryan Day. Indy deserved to win, the Buckeyes did not.

The game also highlights that at this point in the dwindling season State is not a legitimate playoff contender and may be only the second best team in Ohio behind Cincinnati.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

not the prettiest, but a win is a win is a win

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

There will always be critics no matter what the outcome is.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

countywide35 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:13 am There will always be critics no matter what the outcome is.
It amazes me how people live in Ohio and dislike OSU.

On this board, we have the biggest Negative Nancys and pessimists that I've ever seen. On top of idiots that can't wait to jump on here and run their mouth if OSU doesn't play a perfect game.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:01 am
countywide35 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:13 am There will always be critics no matter what the outcome is.

On this board, we have the biggest Negative Nancys and pessimists that I've ever seen. On top of idiots that can't wait to jump on here and run their mouth if OSU doesn't play a perfect game.

Yep.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

countywide35 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:21 am

Yep.
It really is amazing, we hardly ever hear from all these experts until after the game, they then come out and tell us all how smart they are.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:38 pm

Yep.
It really is amazing, we hardly ever hear from all these experts until after the game, they then come out and tell us all how smart they are.
Omega is the worst.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

And they aren't very smart.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I agree that if Indy had any kind of rushing attack they would have won but every team has close games like this every year and at least they didn't lay a total egg like they did not so long ago against Purdue and Iowa. They won and that's all that matters in the end. Indiana deserves some credit and I really like their coach. The schedule is really weak from here on out so they should breeze and I seriously doubt they will be left out of the playoffs unless another game is cancelled.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Indiana is a well coached football team. They are BIG10 team too! I think they deserve a Little more credit for being a good team as opposed to the Bucks being a subpar team. But that’ll never happen. If the bucks win by 100 they play nobody. If they win by a score they aren’t very good.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

cbolt wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:03 am I agree that if Indy had any kind of rushing attack they would have won but every team has close games like this every year and at least they didn't lay a total egg like they did not so long ago against Purdue and Iowa. They won and that's all that matters in the end. Indiana deserves some credit and I really like their coach. The schedule is really weak from here on out so they should breeze and I seriously doubt they will be left out of the playoffs unless another game is cancelled.
I totally agree. To see how many passes they completed when OSU's DBs were in perfect position......Penix and his receivers are very talented.

OSU shot themselves in the foot early on or that game would have been 42-0 at the half. Not sure what Justin Fields was thinking on 2 of those 3 INTs. I would assume Coach Day will have plenty to show him from film.

Fields needs to run more when the pocket is breaking down and he needs to stop holding the ball so darn long.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:42 pm

Yep.
Omega is the worst.
Hey, I resemble that remark!

Seriously my OSU fandom that spans 60 years is marked more often by disappointment rather than triumph. At my age disappointment is hard to handle so I temper my expectations. Thus I am not a blind homer.

The 2020 Buckeyes are a very talented football team that is not playing anywhere near to its potential and seem to be digressing on defense. The Fighting Fickells are obviously less talented but are playing at a high level. I would not bet the ranch on the Buckeyes at this point in the season.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Indiana is this years feel good story for the B10. Plug'em in with Minny , Northwestern and Michigan St. every few years to get'em in the Top 20. If Wisconsin, Michigan and Penn State aren't relevant the conference is in trouble. It's a really ho-hum schedule for the Bucks this year with no competition until the playoff KO. I'm with Omega on this one, been disappointed too many times over the last 58 or so years that I can remember watching them and the conference as a whole. A whole lot of big time beatdowns in big games over the years makes you this way when you get older. 8-)

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Omega wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:50 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:42 pm

Omega is the worst.
Hey, I resemble that remark!

Seriously my OSU fandom that spans 60 years is marked more often by disappointment rather than triumph. At my age disappointment is hard to handle so I temper my expectations. Thus I am not a blind homer.

The 2020 Buckeyes are a very talented football team that is not playing anywhere near to its potential and seem to be digressing on defense. The Fighting Fickells are obviously less talented but are playing at a high level. I would not bet the ranch on the Buckeyes at this point in the season.
Youve been a negative nancy since I have been on this forum, going back at least 14 years.

There is a difference in being a homer and just being an old grumpy pessimist.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Before Saturday I was worried about our LBs playing both dimensions of defense (run/pass). I felt like a team with a talented slot guy or good RB would give us fits bc our LBs seem to have to totally commit to the run or the pass to make plays. Rather than read and react while remaining in position. In no way did I think we would be able to defend a team like Clemson that has a good RB and slot guys. Digressed back to Tressell’s LBs, too slow to make plays against top tier talent and speed. After Saturday the whole backside looks suspect. Either don’t make any effort to see the ball in the air or we zero in on the QB so heavily that we are totally out of position. The concept of always playing the receiver trying to punch the ball loose as it reaches the WRs hands, every time, lends itself to mistakes. Missed timing and interference calls most notably. Understandable at times but that is our preferred method rather than finding the ball and making a play on the ball first then resort to the timing play as the last resort. In position lots of times but not many plays on downfield balls that could potentially be picks. Add that to the ruling efforts to eliminate physicality from the game and any offense worth a salt scores 40+. I agree totally though with others that say, don’t expect osu to win or play for the NC every year. IMO we need to make more effort to sustain drives and use that big man in the backfield to our advantage, especially late in ballgames. Keep the defense off the field more. Scored 42 points with enough possessions to throw 3 picks. Tempo is good but being versatile is even better at times.

Return to “College Sports”