CFP National Championship January 11 Alabama vs Ohio State

countywide35
SEOP

CFP National Championship January 11 Alabama vs Ohio State

Post by countywide35 »

Well ......it’s set......National Title Game

Bama vs Bucks

The only thing I know for sure is this.....

Nick Saban won’t insult the Buckeyes and give them any fuel to the fire.......as Dabo did ......

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Valenth
SEOP

Re: CFP National Championship January 11 Alabama vs Ohio State

Post by Valenth »

This is gonna be an all out physical game... perfectly fitting Championship Game!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I think the Bucks match up against Bama better than Clemson.

More to follow when I have more charge on my phone!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Bucks 49-42

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Bucks 38
Bama 27

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Should be a really good game!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Both teams are loaded with talent.

Both teams are very physical

Who wins the LOS , blocks / tackles the best, capitalize the opportunities, and catches the break will win.

The Bucks most definitely can do this. And hope the narrrative of us against the world is still there. We are a different football team with a chip on our shoulder and a point to prove.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Valenth wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:13 am This is gonna be an all out physical game... perfectly fitting Championship Game!

How will Bamas OC being named head coach of Texas affect this game now ???

Has Saban gave a statement or anything yet ??

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Tide won't be without their offensive coordinator as Clemson's was in covid quarantine.............Tide rolls the Luckeyes.......................Congrats beating the covid ridden Tigers though.......................

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Sarkisian said he is sticking around so Bammer shouldn't lose any continuity. This probably be best defense Bammer has faced all year. Only Georgia is ranked higher. I might jinx them but I think TOSU is going to win this. Only thing that worries me is the emotional toll the Clemson game might take out them. They were so jacked up for the Clemson game thinking about it all year after last year that it might be hard to get back up like that for two games in a row and they are going to need it cause Bammer will be jacked for them! The current players were not there but St. Nick was and he will try extra hard preparing. Bucks might get a little bit of a big head too after winning so easily, can't afford that. Should be an offensive shootout! Whoever has the ball last win kind of game much like that instant classic Georgia game a few years ago when Devonta and Tua burst onto the scene.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

cbolt wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:50 am Sarkisian said he is sticking around so Bammer shouldn't lose any continuity. This probably be best defense Bammer has faced all year. Only Georgia is ranked higher. I might jinx them but I think TOSU is going to win this. Only thing that worries me is the emotional toll the Clemson game might take out them. They were so jacked up for the Clemson game thinking about it all year after last year that it might be hard to get back up like that for two games in a row and they are going to need it cause Bammer will be jacked for them! The current players were not there but St. Nick was and he will try extra hard preparing. Bucks might get a little bit of a big head too after winning so easily, can't afford that. Should be an offensive shootout! Whoever has the ball last win kind of game much like that instant classic Georgia game a few years ago when Devonta and Tua burst onto the scene.

Good post

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

9.5 INCHES wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:57 pm Tide won't be without their offensive coordinator as Clemson's was in covid quarantine.............Tide rolls the Luckeyes.......................Congrats beating the covid ridden Tigers though.......................
Covid ridden Tigers lol. You're a clown

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

If OSU plays the way the did last Friday against Bama, they will win going away. If Bama plays like it did against nd, they will get beat. These are two top programs and true blue bloods of college football. This game has all the makings of what college football should be about, the best vs. the best.

As a diehard Bama fan, here are some observations:
Bama has to be able to run the ball
Bama has to be able to attack the defensive secondary of OSU
The defense cannot allow Fields to pick us apart like Cordell Jones did in 2014.

OSU must hit on crossing routes in the middle of the field or with backs coming out of the backfield. We cant cover.
DL has to stop Harris from having a big game.
Pressure has to be put on Mac Jones all game.

Looking forward to a hard fought, injury free game. Final prediciton
OSU 45
Bama 38 (do you know how hard that is for me to type) Just my honest opinion.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I said earlier that I think OSU matches up better against Bama than they did against Clemson. Here is why:

Harris is a better back that Ettiene IMO, but with Clemson we had to account for Lawrence also running the ball. Against Bama there is really only the RB to shut down. It will be a tough task to hold Harris under 100 yards and I think OSU can realistically keep him under 75.

Mack Jones is a very efficient passer but OSU's D line played a ball game vs Clemson. I was pleasantly surprised in the blizting OSU did and they just dominated Clemson's O line. I think OSU's D line will have an advantage over Bama's O line.

The key to slowing down Bama's terrific group of receivers is to get pressure on Jones and get hits on him. Cant let him sit back in the pocket and find those guys open down the field. And for crying out loud Shawn Wade needs to get his head out of his rear and play some defense.

Bama's LB's are slow. They are big and powerful, but slow. OSU should be able to expose them with slot/WR crossing routes and if Fields is 100%, he and Sermon should be able to move the ball on the ground and let that play action open up the passing game.

I am jacked for this matchup.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

The Buckeyes open as a 7.5 point under dog to Bama in the championship game. While I am still trying to digest the Buckeyes' performance against Clemson, it is obvious State's chances rest on the the health of Justin Fields. If Fields cannot run, State will have a uphill battle to out score the Tide.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FXR0hRNbyNc

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Rumors of TOSU experiencing more covid19 cases. Tom Togiai and Tyrike Smith. Of course Buckeye protocols will mean no actual information release until game day, so rumor is all there is to go on.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Be nice for me if it was delayed. I wouldn't be able to fully enjoy watching (limited) it on the 11th. If it is delayed, anyone know for how long?

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:49 am Be nice for me if it was delayed. I wouldn't be able to fully enjoy watching (limited) it on the 11th. If it is delayed, anyone know for how long?
I think the fall back date is the 18th. Even on that date, any OSU player who tested positive after the first would be unable to play. The only advantage to a postponement would be giving Fields more time to heal but you would also run the risk of more positive tests. Might as well play the game as scheduled.
Last edited by Omega on Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Omega wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:15 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:49 am Be nice for me if it was delayed. I wouldn't be able to fully enjoy watching (limited) it on the 11th. If it is delayed, anyone know for how long?
I think the fall back date is the 18th. Even at date, any OSU player who tested positive after the first would be unable to play. The only advantage to a postponement would be giving Fields more time to heal but you would also run the risk of more positive tests. Might as well play the game as scheduled.
Very true in this covid predicament, it has everything messed up, but I never did care for the NC games being played on a Monday. Lots miss the game working 2nd shift, and most have to work the next day. NC games need to be on Saturdays/follow suit as most regular season Saturday games. Mondays suck for most people.

Any report on Fields condition lately going in to this game if played on the 11th?

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:58 pm
Omega wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:15 pm
I think the fall back date is the 18th. Even at date, any OSU player who tested positive after the first would be unable to play. The only advantage to a postponement would be giving Fields more time to heal but you would also run the risk of more positive tests. Might as well play the game as scheduled.
Very true in this covid predicament, it has everything messed up, but I never did care for the NC games being played on a Monday. Lots miss the game working 2nd shift, and most have to work the next day. NC games need to be on Saturdays/follow suit as most regular season Saturday games. Mondays suck for most people.

Any report on Fields condition lately going in to this game if played on the 11th?

Ohio State is always secretive about player injury status. I am sure Fields will play, but how effective will he be is the key.

Return to “College Sports”