Week 6: OSU @ Nebraska

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Good Lord, it might get ugly!

Your thoughts!

Charge
Varsity

Re: Week 6: OSU @ Nebraska

Post by Charge »

Play Hall at QB with Herion back at RB and run the ball every time and don't even attempt a pass.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

probably a beatdown

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I will add that there is not even a bright spot on this entire OSU team.

They are painful to watch right now!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

John Simon, Bradly Roby, Christian Bryant, 4 suspended players.

That is your list of bright spots!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:John Simon, Bradly Roby, Christian Bryant, 4 suspended players.

That is true.....to an extent....

But how do you get the ball to Posey? Does one more lineman added to the mix change the way the other 4 are blocking? No!

I love your positive thinking Dubs, but lets face it.....even with the holes OSU is trying to fill, nobody is stepping up to the plate.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Posey back, along with Philly Brown puts the starting wr Corp in the game. We've had 2nd and 3rd string guys in to date. Those guys are not starters for a reason, the drops should become a lot less.

Mike Adams coming back will make the line better.
Him being back solidifies the LT spot and gets much needed experience in blitz pickup back on the field. Him on the left side also helps the running game!

Solomon Thomas being back in combination with getting Nate Williams back makes our D line into what it should be...Dominate! With that improved Dline the linebackers all of a sudden get a bunch better.

I'm not optimistic right now, but there will be a drastic difference in the team next week.

Their biggest challenge right now, is there are offensive players starting to speak out about their play calling and land duck OC.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Can't expect the defense and special teams to win the game by themselves. With no offense to speak of, Huskers by 3 touchdowns.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

To be honest Nebraska imo is not that good. It is at the corn heads place and they did just get embarrassed, so there will be that factor, but I honestly think this is a toss up game. I look for it to come down to the final seconds.

Nebraska 23
OSU 20

mab43bac
Freshman Team

Post by mab43bac »

I look for this to be a close game ,i think our defense can hold us in it and with getting back the senior leadership this week it might settle them down .
OSU 24
Neb 20

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Wisconsin showed how to stop Nebraska. Sprint to the outside when Martinez shows option. End of story.

Their defense has a couple great players, Crick and Davis, but outside of that, they are prone to over pursue and the safeties lose track of receivers that get behind them.

Hopefully Bollman will develop a spine this week and run counters and something other than a middle dive!

If he does, OSU's offense will look totally different and we will win a close game.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

If teh defense can hold them to 2 touchdowns I think getting Posey and Herron back will greatly help our offense. We gota chanc eto win if we cna only block nebraskas D.

cool cucumber
All Conference

Post by cool cucumber »

Nebraska - 38
Ohio State - 17?

Pains me to say it though :/

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

It ALL comes down to the O line play and offensive scheme. It it is indicative of what we have seen the past few weeks, we will be in trouble. Nebraska was impressive early on vs Wisky, but points off turnovers turned the ballgame around quickly. I think we can get turnovers, but not sure how well we can move the ball.

IMO the addition of Boom will be the most important one. Jordan Hall has looked good at times, but Boom is a much better back. Instead of just getting back to the line of scrimmage, he can pick up 3-4 yards. My question about the return of Posey is getting the ball to him. Adams should help shape the line up somewhat.

I hope Bollman "gets a spine" and tries other ways to run the ball.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

OSU will need to score points on defense and special teams to win. They also need to score early. Hopefully the coaching staff and players make adjustments to be atleast competitive on offense.

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

I don't know that I see the Buckeyes coming out with a win on this one. After watching the miserable offensive play against MSU, I'm not sure how we could muster up many points. The addition of Posey and Boom doesn't mean much if the line plays bad. Like Bleeding Red said, "It ALL comes down to the O line play and offensive scheme".

If our line doesn't improve, it will get ugly. Those guys need to get motivated and play as good as they can, and then some.

Undoubtedly I will be cheering for the Bucks in this one.

Sawdust
Freshman Team

Post by Sawdust »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:

(1)Posey back, along with Philly Brown puts the starting wr Corp in the game. We've had 2nd and 3rd string guys in to date. Those guys are not starters for a reason, the drops should become a lot less.

(2)Mike Adams coming back will make the line better.
Him being back solidifies the LT spot and gets much needed experience in blitz pickup back on the field. Him on the left side also helps the running game!

(3)Solomon Thomas being back in combination with getting Nate Williams back makes our D line into what it should be...Dominate! With that improved Dline the linebackers all of a sudden get a bunch better.

I'm not optimistic right now, but there will be a drastic difference in the team next week.

(4)Their biggest challenge right now, is there are offensive players starting to speak out about their play calling and land duck OC.
(1) LMFAO, you can't throw from the horizontal position. Jerry Rice couldn't help this offense. Absolutely no O-line. I feel sorry for Miller.

(2) No it won't. Adams has no clue how to block, staying consistent with the rest of the fatboys up front. Bollman continues to prove what a moron he is.

(3) no such thing as domination from this D-line for the last 4 years. Linebackers are the weakest OSU has had in a decade.

(4) WTF is a land duck? I agree, the OC has not had a clue for a decade. Look, this needs to happen in order to get a coach in here who can right the ship. First priority, send Bollman to Michigan. 2nd, find Freddy Pagec and beg him to come back and coach the D. Vrabel was nothing more than a PR move to try to keep Fickell as the head coach. It's obvious he has no clue what he is doing. He proves it every game. He's a decent defensive coach but nothing else.
'Huskers win 34 - 6

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Children of the Corn IMO

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:John Simon, Bradly Roby, Christian Bryant, 4 suspended players.

what are they suspended for??

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

42 to 0 Nebraska as a Buckeye fan we are horrible........ Fact !!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “College Sports”