SEOP

Re: Michigan v. ND

Post by Peake »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

I really have no clue, but I will be watching in either Eddie George's or Mcfadden's.

Graham needs to be huge here IMO...

ND's WRs and TE are way too good if Clausen has time to look over the field.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Both of these teams played well against lower competition and have a lot to prove this year. ND should have the advantage right now. Mistakes and how each team and coaches respond to pressure will be the difference.

Speedofsand
Varsity

Post by Speedofsand »

My thoughts are by the time I get home from The Swamp it'll probably be over. Go Irish

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Michigan's defensive line will be very difficult to block. Martin was a force in the middle last game. Grahm will have to get to the QB, but I see a lot of blitz packages put together this week.

Nevada gave up over 300 yds a game last season through the air, so I do not think what they saw will be anything like what they will see Saturday. Floyd is a stud, but I seriously doubt he will go for 180 against Donavon Warren. Cissoko is a huge improvement over Trent last year, so the Tate--Cissoko match up should be very intersting. I still have little confidence that ND will run the ball well. If Jimmy is given all day then UM will be in trouble, but I will be very surprised if that happens.

How will the two freshmen respond to a good start. If Denard is in, ND will roll 8 in the box and force him to throw. ND has seen nothing like Denard Robinson and won't the rest of the season. If they can keep him in the pocket then they are safe, if not, Denard is a big play waiting to happen.

Will Tate respond with the type of effort that will be good enough to win this game? I think Minor has to play and play well to take some pressure off of the two freshmen, because I do not expect him to do what he did last game. The offensive line will have to be very good pass blocking. Ethan Johnson is a speed rusher who will be a real problem. I think this all comes down to Minor running well and allowing the freshmen to manage rather then have to win the game. The best TE in this game is Kevin Koger.

I think this game will say a lot about both teams. Michigan will not see a vertical game like ND the rest of the season, and ND will not see speed like Michigan's until USC.

Michigan wins 23-17

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Both teams looked sharp saturday.Hopefully N.D wins.

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Post by F-4 Phantom »

As always, an early test for both teams. I'm not sure how Michigan matches up with ND's two wide receivers and tight end. I'm going with ND.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Im looking forward to the festive atmosphere at the annual ND/ michigan party that I attend. As always, whether you are for the Irish or the Bucks, we all agree, michigan sux.

I believe michigan will be a little emotionally spent, after beatting an always powerful Western Michigan. They looked impressive beatting the 1961 Aviation Bowl runner up Broncos, 35-0.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

In this one, I hope the Big 10 is represented well, and that's how I'm
phrasing my answer.

I hate Notre Dame with a passion burning hotter than 1,000 suns.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Have no clue how this game will ended up coin flip says ND history says Michigan in the Big House so take that for what it's worth I'll trust the coin flip LOL but it's College Football who really knows

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

I like Michigan in this one. Jimmy Clausen will see a lot of pressure in this one. I think Michigan's defensive line is much better then the Notre Dame offensive line. Brandon Grahm will be in the Notre Dame backfield all night.

I see Michael Floyd getting his, but no way they torch Michigan's secondary like they did a very bad Nevada secondary. On the other hand Notre Dame better watch trying to get too much pressure on those two freshmen. They both have serious wheels and if Notre Dame comes up field too fast, both are gone. The Minor kid will have to play and play well in order for Michigan to win.

This will be a spring board for one of these two teams.

My prediction- Michigan 27-21

Side note: Remember to be constructive when adding to threads. I am growing tired of seeing negative posts that have few complex ideas to add. I am not trying to throw anyone under the bus, but saying someone played well against Western Michigan, then turning around and defending your team for playing bad against a similar skilled team is very contradictory to your point.

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

Hail to the Victors, UM 24 - ND 17

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

I was watching both games on Saturday and Im not sure who impressed me more. I like Forcier as Michigan's QB...It was one game against Western, yes, but he looked like he had the skillset for RichRod's system.

Clausen went 15/18 for 315 and 4 TDs. Pretty impressive day for him. Armando Allen also looked good running the ball. Zero turnovers for ND and they pitched a shutout.

Notre Dame by a TD.

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

Line opened Notre Dame -4.5, currently sits at ND -3.5.

Given the underdog's historical success in this series, it's a no-brainer to take UM + the points.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Ill take ND and lay the points. Ill say Notre Dame 31-20.

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

Tate, Floyd, and Allen all together..they take the W in the big house. Plus, the new stud Te'o will knock a few heads. Not sure if anyone on here saw him this weekend, but he had Nevada's QB terrified..can't wait to see Michigan's as well :):):)

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

This is a bigger game for Charlie than it is for RR.

UM wins at home by 7.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

He better be ready to catch Michigan's QB's.

History has says Michigan. Michigan this decade has been better then ND every time but one, and they have not come out on top every time. This game usually goes to the dog.

Return to “College Sports”