Legislation Introduced In Ohio For NIL.Pay For College Athletes

Omega
SEOPS H

Legislation Introduced In Ohio For NIL.Pay For College Athletes

Post by Omega »

In a move championed by OSU AD Gene Smith, legislation has been introduced in the Ohio Legislature that will allow college athletes to receive pay for use of their name, image and likeness. While the NCAA has promised action on the NIL issue, there is no guarantee they will do so. If there are no NCAA guidelines and in the absence of a law allowing for NIL earnings, Ohio State would be at a recruiting disadvantage to schools in states that have already passed NIL laws.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... e-likeness

As an old school kind of guy, I dislike changes like this in college athletics. Yet pay for NIL is inevitable.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
countywide35
SEOP

Re: Legislation Introduced In Ohio For NIL.Pay For College Athletes

Post by countywide35 »

Omega wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 9:19 pm In a move championed by OSU AD Gene Smith, legislation has been introduced in the Ohio Legislature that will allow college athletes to receive pay for use of their name, image and likeness. While the NCAA has promised action on the NIL issue, there is no guarantee they will do so. If there are no NCAA guidelines and in the absence of a law allowing for NIL earnings, Ohio State would be at a recruiting disadvantage to schools in states that have already passed NIL laws.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... e-likeness

As an old school kind of guy, I dislike changes like this in college athletics. Yet pay for NIL is inevitable.

I agree with both sides. It’s a huge business. Free college debt free is ALOt of money from one of these schools. But I also understand the athletes as well. I trust that this will work itself out to where both sides are happy.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion

Return to “College Sports”