OSU @ Purdue

bluedevil
JV Team

OSU @ Purdue

Post by bluedevil »

this game will be a blow out......i see osu rushing for around 220 yards and passing for around 170 yards.....i dont see purdue doing to much against the silver bullets defense they will be lucky to even score

"the best offense is a good defense"

ohio state 44 purdue 6

west siders
All State

Re: osu @ purdue

Post by west siders »

buck will win 41-3

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

48-10

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

31-10

Purdue played ND and Oregon close. They are capable of competing.

I just want to see the offense make progress. Just some steps forward. Wisconsin was a step backward for the O.

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

OSU's O better get well in the next three games cause the last three are going to take their toll. What kind of a bowl will 8-4 get the Mighty Buckeyes?

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

8-4??? Well it WOULD get them probably the outback bowl, but since they are going to go 11-1, they will make a BCS bowl. I just hope the offense can start to do something, our D is doin more than there part right now.

Bucks-31
Purdue-13

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

WhiteWhiskers wrote:OSU's O better get well in the next three games cause the last three are going to take their toll. What kind of a bowl will 8-4 get the Mighty Buckeyes?

8-4???
Please, for the love of God, tell me you're joking.

At worst they will be 10-2, but very likely going to be 11-1.

Either way, they'll be in the Rose Bowl as the Big Ten champ.

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:
WhiteWhiskers wrote:OSU's O better get well in the next three games cause the last three are going to take their toll. What kind of a bowl will 8-4 get the Mighty Buckeyes?

8-4???
Please, for the love of God, tell me you're joking.

At worst they will be 10-2, but very likely going to be 11-1.

Either way, they'll be in the Rose Bowl as the Big Ten champ.

They'll have to beat Iowa or no Big Ten Champ. And no way will they beat Penn State, Iowa, and Michigan back to back to back with two of the three on the road. Not going to get 14pts from the D every week. It's just wishful thinking to "hope the offense can start to do something" They have put up some numbers but have not looked good doing it and also they have not beat anyone of note. I think 8-4 is a lot more realistic than 10-2 and for the Buckeyes not to lose any more (11-1) is just hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol:

bluedevil
JV Team

Post by bluedevil »

we will see how hilarious it is when the buckeyes finish 11-1 and go to the rose bowl

candystore
Varsity

Post by candystore »

dnt know yet
Last edited by candystore on Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cool cucumber
All Conference

Post by cool cucumber »

osu will win easy lol

osu-31

purdue-14

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Buckeyes BIG IMO

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

WhiteWhiskers wrote:They'll have to beat Iowa or no Big Ten Champ. And no way will they beat Penn State, Iowa, and Michigan back to back to back with two of the three on the road. Not going to get 14pts from the D every week. It's just wishful thinking to "hope the offense can start to do something" They have put up some numbers but have not looked good doing it and also they have not beat anyone of note. I think 8-4 is a lot more realistic than 10-2 and for the Buckeyes not to lose any more (11-1) is just hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iowa, penn St., and Michigan in three straight weeks doesn't seem to bad.

I don't expect the D to get 14 every week, but if those teams are going to beat the Buckeyes,
they have to score, and that's not going to happen.

If you want to beat Ohio State, you're going to have to score over 20, and the only team of the three
you listed that can do that is Penn St. They have a terrible O-Line though, and the D will eat them up.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Dubs,

Is this Ohio State team seriously good enough to go to PSU and win? Seriously?

I think the defense is capable, but is the production from the offense there?

Will they beat Iowa? I would assume.
Will they beat Michigan? Yes.

Is it safe to say they will be 11-1 and in the Rose Bowl? No.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

So it's safe to assume that the Buckeyes can beat Iowa,
but not to assume that they can go to Penn St and win.
Something that that same Iowa team did earlier this season.

fightingtigers45
S

seofan_via_dublin wrote:So it's safe to assume that the Buckeyes can beat Iowa,
but not to assume that they can go to Penn St and win.
Something that that same Iowa team did earlier this season.

Iowa has owned Penn State this decade...Ohio State has lost the last two matchups.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

fightingtigers45 wrote:Iowa has owned Penn State this decade...Ohio State has lost the last two matchups.

Wrong, OSU won the game last time they went to happy valley in 2007, 37-17.
This years Buckeye D is better than in 2007, and PSU's offense is not as good.

The Buckeyes are 6-3 against Penn st. this decade.
Iowa is 7-1 against Penn st, but didn't play them in 05 when Penn st went 11-1, and in 06 when
Ioaw was 6-7.
Chalk up 2 more very likely wins for Penn st in those years, and the Lions only have 3 wins against
either team this decade.

I fail to see the dominance.

fightingtigers45
S

seofan_via_dublin wrote:
fightingtigers45 wrote:Iowa has owned Penn State this decade...Ohio State has lost the last two matchups.

Wrong, OSU won the game last time they went to happy valley in 2007, 37-17.
This years Buckeye D is better than in 2007, and PSU's offense is not as good.

The Buckeyes are 6-3 against Penn st. this decade.
Iowa is 7-1 against Penn st, but didn't play them in 05 when Penn st went 11-1, and in 06 when
Ioaw was 6-7.
Chalk up 2 more very likely wins for Penn st in those years, and the Lions only have 3 wins against
either team this decade.

I fail to see the dominance.

7-1 is dominance...Thats where it is. It doesnt matter what could have happened those years because they didnt play. Did you think Iowa would win last year? No.

My apologies. I thought OSU lost to PSU in 07 but it was Illinois at home.

Also, when comparing teams you cant just justify and say OSUs defense is better and PSUs offense is not as good...I understand your point, but the thing is Ohio State's offense isnt as good and PSUs defense might be better than it was then...Pryor has looked nothing short of mediocre this season...Who says he doesnt go to Happy Valley and play horrid? Im not saying PSU will win...Im just saying its not safe to say that that will be a Buckeye win.

Orestes
S

Re: OSU @ Purdue

Post by Orestes »

I don't think anything is safe to say in any of those last three games. However, OSU will outclass each of those three teams with talent. That gives you a good chance, despite the talent being young. The defense should have them right there to win all three. Pryor will never be a stat machine. He will === Big Ben once he settles down IMO.

Pryor has been up and down. He, according to JT, was going to have a winning grade against Indiana before making a poor decision at the end. Troy Smith had one or two winning grades during his Heisman season. Krenzel never had a winning grade. He was good against Navy, Toledo, Illinois, and Indiana. He was good during the last two "real" drives against Wisconsin (no passes in the others). Outside of the first INT, he was good in the first half against USC. He stunk in the second.

My hopes for the offense are more based around tempo. OSU's offense has been good when picking up the pace. I would just like to see them stick with it. Pryor's problems have appeared to come between the end of one play and the beginning of the next. It doesn't help him when the play doesn't get in until 10 seconds left on the playclock.

HARD KNOCKS
Waterboy

Re: OSU @ Purdue

Post by HARD KNOCKS »

Ohio State should win out their defense should keep them in every game. Pryor will eventually come around not going to give up on him yet he is only a true sophmore expectations were probably too high when he came out of high school. He did lead the Big Ten in Pass efficency last season as a freshman. So the Buckeyes will beat Purdue 35-7 and will finish the season at 11-1.

Return to “College Sports”