WHAT IF....

Valenth
SEOP

WHAT IF....

Post by Valenth »

What if Texas and Oklahoma decide to go to the SEC?

Could the BIG XII survive? I highly doubt it. Texas and Oklahoma are the biggest cash draws hands down.

What teams could move to the Big XII to compensate the Losses of Texas and Oklahoma?

I think the Four top candidates for the BIG XII would be Boise State, Tulsa, Memphis and Cincinnati.

If The remaining teams decide to dissolve the BIG XII we could see a handful of teams join the B1G, AAC or possibly even the PAC 12.. or do we see some move to the ACC? This is quite intriguing...

Thoughts?
Last edited by Valenth on Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: WHAT IF....

Post by Omega »

Valenth, I think the Big 12 would try to hang on by adding two or more teams from the AAC or Mountain West (Boise?). Then the ripple effect for the mid majors. I do not think the other non SEC P5 conferences will pounce on the Big 12 until they see how the playoffs expand and how much money that will generate. I think eventually we might see the P5 teams serious about competing for a football championship form their own conference or even leave the NCAA. I could see the remaining P5 schools de-emphasize football down to FCS level.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

What if Texas A&M says get stuffed to the SEC and returns to Big12 as a result?? Mizzou says the same and the Big12 pick up the four teams previously mentioned?

I don't see it happening but....never say never.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

OHHS old timer wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:01 pm What if Texas A&M says get stuffed to the SEC and returns to Big12 as a result?? Mizzou says the same and the Big12 pick up the four teams previously mentioned?

Just a thought.....

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

OHHS old timer wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:01 pm What if Texas A&M says get stuffed to the SEC and returns to Big12 as a result?? Mizzou says the same and the Big12 pick up the four teams previously mentioned?

Expect the unexpected. Even though the $EC always appears to be in the drivers seat, if enough TV money is made available through an expanded playoff format the Big12 could grow or the Big10 or PAC12 could become major buyers. However, I would not bet against the $EC and E$PN to have their way. Whether that includes Texas or OU, no one knows.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Valenth wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:05 pm What if Texas and Oklahoma decide to go to the SEC?

Could the BIG XII survive? I highly doubt it. Texas and Oklahoma are the biggest cash draws hands down.

What teams could move to the Big XII to compensate the Losses of Texas and Oklahoma?

I think the Four top candidates for the BIG XII would be Boise State, Tulsa, Memphis and Cincinnati.

If The remaining teams decide to dissolve the BIG XII we could see a handful of teams join the BIG XII, AAC or possibly even the PAC 12.. or do we see some move to the ACC? This is quite intriguing...

Thoughts?
I think if the Big XII adds teams they make a play for Cincinnati, UCF, Memphis and Houston. My preference would be for PAC12, ACC and Big 10 to make a play for the remaining teams though.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Also Nebraska and Colorado.

Return to “College Sports”