Kansas AND Iowa State in a conference call with the B1G about joining conference....

Valenth
SEOP

Kansas AND Iowa State in a conference call with the B1G about joining conference....

Post by Valenth »

Source ...

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/ncaa/ ... er=ya4nbcs

The Dominoes are falling and the BIG XII is sinking faster than the Titanic

Thoughts?

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Kansas AND Iowa State in a conference call with the B1G about joining conference....

Post by Omega »

Given that OU & Texas to SEC looks like a done deal, the remaining Big 12 will have to look for landing places.

Of course does adding Kansas and Iowa St help the Big 10 in football?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Valenth
SEOP

Re: Kansas AND Iowa State in a conference call with the B1G about joining conference....

Post by Valenth »

Omega wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:12 pm Given that OU & Texas to SEC looks like a done deal, the remaining Big 12 will have to look for landing places.

Football... Iowa State isn't that bad... BUT It does help them in Basketball though...

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Valenth wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:16 pm
Omega wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:12 pm Given that OU & Texas to SEC looks like a done deal, the remaining Big 12 will have to look for landing places.

Football... Iowa State isn't that bad... BUT It does help them in Basketball though...

At least now we have something to discuss. Rumors and rumors of rumors are running wild. Take your pick:

Pac 12 and Big 10 to merge.

Big 10 poaches USC, UCLA, Stanford, and Oregon.

Pac 12 and Big 10 to divy up the remaining Big 12.

Remaining Big 12 to stand pat or merge with the AAC or MWC.

AAC and MWC to merge

ACC poaches Penn State and formalizes relationship with Notre Dame.

Any number of individual teams including Ohio St. testing the conference realignment waters for the best financial deal.

College football is becoming the wild west with NIL, the Supreme Court neutering the NCAA along the prospect of more TV revenue from expanded playoffs. I guess everything cannot stay the way they were in 1968.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

I think a 4 Super conference realm is starting.. PAC 12 WEST... SEC South.. B1G NORTH and ACC EAST....

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

i think to get to 4 power conferences the leagues would have to go to 20 teams. I hear kansas and iowa state are more interested in big 10 then big 10 is with them. But it is silly season and anyone may end up anywhere.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Let them both in.............................

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Will Texas A&M feel betrayed enough to want out of the SEC? Would the Big Ten want the Aggies if so?

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:54 pm Will Texas A&M feel betrayed enough to want out of the SEC? Would the Big Ten want the Aggies if so?
That is an intriguing question. aTm undoubtedly feels their unspoken exclusive SEC rights as the only Texas school was violated. So aTm would likely listen to offers, but I would not expect any overtures from the Big 10. According to Dan Wetzel of Yahoo Sports:

Report: Big Ten has ‘little to no interest’ in expanding conference

The Big Ten isn’t looking to expand at this time, according to Dan Wetzel of Yahoo Sports.

Conference expansion and realignment has been a huge topic in the past week, with Texas and Oklahoma expected to leave the Big 12 to join the Southeastern Conference. This move has sparked a bunch of chatter on what other moves could occur — including numerous teams expressing interest in the joining the Big Ten. However, that is reportedly something the league isn’t interested in at this time.

Wetzel tweeted on Monday night that he’s hearing “little to no interest in expansion” from his Big Ten sources. He added that the league is in talks with the Pac 12 on a potential non-conference rotating schedule agreement.

https://news.yahoo.com/report-big-ten-l ... 36305.html

Never say never, but the Big 10 may sit out the latest conference realignment war. Given that the choicest plums in Texas and Oklahoma are not available, why add schools that would not add to but likely dilute the Big 10's revenue stream.

Bob Bolshavic
Freshman Team

Post by Bob Bolshavic »

Good I hope they keep it the way it is! They could dump Maryland and Rutgers and let them in but we know that will never happen. :(

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Bob Bolshavic wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:08 pm dump Maryland and Rutgers
:lol: .........................true that big bobby................................

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Bob Bolshavic wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:08 pm Good I hope they keep it the way it is! They could dump Maryland and Rutgers and let them in but we know that will never happen. :(
Maryland helps in several sports. Rutgers brings absolutely nothing to the table except the NJ and NYC markets. But that alone will keep them in the B1G

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

....ahhhhhh......................only thing cool and good about Mary is their uni's and helmets.................... :lol: ...........

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

this is nuts

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

mattash wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:23 pmthis is nuts
I concur!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ

Return to “College Sports”