Art Schlichter Released From Ohio Prison

Omega
SEOPS H

Art Schlichter Released From Ohio Prison

Post by Omega »

Art Schlichter has been released on parole from an Ohio prison. His life has spanned gridiron glory from Miami Trace HS to Ohio State along with stints in pro leagues to a life of crime to support a gambling addiction. Schlichter, age 61, reportedly suffers from parkinsons and cte induced dementia. While he deserves no sympathy, his life reads like a Greek tragedy and should serve as a cautionary tale to all athletes, especially now with legal pay for play in colleges.Gambling addiction is a horrible disease.

https://www.playmichigan.com/ohio-state ... s-betting/

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
cbolt
SEOP

Re: Art Schlichter Released From Ohio Prison

Post by cbolt »

This guy was my idol growing up. I tried out for QB because of him and tried to imulate everything he did. I once heard a story during HS pregame warmups the coach would have him throw from different yard lines to the endzone going back about 60 yards or so just to intimidate the other team. What a waste of talent!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

This should be a lesson to people.With all these legal gambling sites you see now.They lure you in and you could end up just like him.So remember that the next time you place that bet.But, im affaid this will be the next vice in the coming years if it is'nt already.

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I really hope the dude can right the ship and contribute to wherever it is he is going to call home.

Return to “College Sports”