Ohio State Opens @ Minnesota This Thursday September 2nd

Omega
SEOPS H

Ohio State Opens @ Minnesota This Thursday September 2nd

Post by Omega »

Ohio State Buckeyes start their quest for a fifth straight BIG 10 championship and third straight appearance in the College Football Playoffs when they open at Minnesota this coming Thursday.

OSU is a 13.5 point favorite over the Gophers. However given the Bucks have a new quarterback, four new linebackers, and questions on pass defense, some are saying Minny has a shot at an upset. What say you?

The game is on Fox for an 8 pm kick.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2021/08 ... me-preview

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Ohio State Opens @ Minnesota This Thursday September 2nd

Post by Bleeding Red »

I think the Bucks will run a simple zone read with Stroud and a host of running backs, simple passes to their unbelievable WR and TE group.

The only thing I worry about is stopping the Minnesota running back. Our DL is nasty......but the new LBs will need to step up and play well.

OSU 34
Minny 17

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Minny has been pretty good here lately...................should be a good one.........but crybus should be the winner in this one........but even some tears here and there from crybus fans that they didn't do something up to their potential.........Minny will give them a ballgame regardless.................tissues are ready for even a win for crybus................. :roll:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

9.5 INCHES wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:03 pm Minny has been pretty good here lately...................should be a good one.........but crybus should be the winner in this one........but even some tears here and there from crybus fans that they didn't do something up to their potential.........Minny will give them a ballgame regardless.................tissues are ready for even a win for crybus................. :roll:
Will *ichigan and Crybaby Hairball pull the covid trick again this year in November? :lol:

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:30 am
9.5 INCHES wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:03 pm Minny has been pretty good here lately...................should be a good one.........but crybus should be the winner in this one........but even some tears here and there from crybus fans that they didn't do something up to their potential.........Minny will give them a ballgame regardless.................tissues are ready for even a win for crybus................. :roll:
Will *ichigan and Crybaby Hairball pull the covid trick again this year in November? :lol:
:lol: ............The reason last year was we had heard individuals like yourself in Ohio don't like to wear mask's.........wasn't worth getting sick making the trip down there to the toilet seat shaped stadium............ ........ Not this year........Game is on and more safe up here in ANN ARBOR MICHIGAN......... .........If you and some of your crybus fans come up to the BIG HOUSE to attend the game bring your mask's.............The men in BLUE suits will kick you and other anti maskers out to the parking lot....................We believe in following Science up here in BIG BLUE TERRITORY ........................... 8-) ......................

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

9.5 INCHES wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:54 am
:lol: ............The reason last year was we had heard individuals like yourself in Ohio don't like to wear mask's.........wasn't worth getting sick making the trip down there to the toilet seat shaped stadium............ ........ Not this year........Game is on and more safe up here in ANN ARBOR MICHIGAN......... .........If you and some of your crybus fans come up to the BIG HOUSE to attend the game bring your mask's.............The men in BLUE suits will kick you and other anti maskers out to the parking lot....................We believe in following Science up here in BIG BLUE TERRITORY ........................... 8-) ......................
So you are following the Science of Masks do not work? Because that is the Science. Show me the Science where masks work. I'll wait. N95 yes, but the cloth diapers, have not been proven to work. Also, if a Big school cancels it goes down as a forfeit and becomes a loss. So teams will def. play this year!

Onto the game, Minnesota has 20 returning starters. They will be a tough out! I think OSU wears them down and runs the ball down their throat. My pick is OSU 35 Minnesota 17

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

You keep wearing your face diaper dude. If you think a piece of cloth is going to stop a virus youre dilusional.

And we already got our tickets for the game in AA. Cant wait to see the Bucks stomp a hole in Bitchigan yet again this year on the road. It will be my 4th trip up there and there is no greater look of disappointment than to see the Bitchigan fans walk out with reality slapping them in the face again on the way out....

You might be believing in brainwashing, but you certainly dont believe in SCIENCE. Sorry but anyone that supports health admins that believe there are more than 2 genders doesnt follow SCIENCE.

What a miserable person you must be :lol: :lol:

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Apparently the game night weather forecast is for rain and windy conditions. Will that limit OSU's willingness/ability to throw the ball with an untested QB? Will that give Minnesota more of a chance to control the contest with their star running back and massive o-line?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

OSU will run a zone read. Stroud can and will run. Teague isnt nearly as good as Williams and Henderson at RB, but I think we see Teague start. Expect to see Williams and Henderson with a ton of contribution running the ball. Word in Columbus is that Henderson is a once in a decade RB......

Expect Olave, Wilson, Njigba and Ruckertt to catch a lot of easy completions from Stroud. One on one crossing patterns putting them on a LB and turning them into YAC.

For that I dont think the rain and wind has much impact on. I think it has more of an impact on Minny. If they cannot establish a solid running attack with Ibrahim, they are going to have to air it out with a decent QB but far less of a WR group than OSU has.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:29 am

You keep wearing your face diaper dude. If you think a piece of cloth is going to stop a virus youre dilusional.

And we already got our tickets for the game in AA. Cant wait to see the Bucks stomp a hole in Bitchigan yet again this year on the road. It will be my 4th trip up there and there is no greater look of disappointment than to see the Bitchigan fans walk out with reality slapping them in the face again on the way out....

You might be believing in brainwashing, but you certainly dont believe in SCIENCE. Sorry but anyone that supports health admins that believe there are more than 2 genders doesnt follow SCIENCE.

Mask won't stop the virus and no one said one is full proof..........but a mask will sure in the hell will slow and cut some of it down..........just as a furnace filter, or a cars air filter slows micro dust particles..........that's the whole point of mask wearing BR.................let me ask you something BR...........if someone was setting next to you with covid.....delta variant etc........wouldn't you want them to have a mask on???.........that's the whole point of masks IS TO SLOW IT DOWN.......you never know who is infected.......looks like you lucked out in the BIG HOUSE for now in the seating bowl area........but it is subject to change..........better bring a crybus mask just in case.......still have to wear one in restrooms anyways. I think the problem with you is the mask is a big hassle and looks stupid........but remember it is so for others too........and also I think you're the type of person that hates orders and to be told what to do............... :lol: ...................I don't like them either but I wear one when have to.............

https://www.clickondetroit.com/all-abou ... this-fall/

and now back to topic...............GET-UM-MINNY.................. :lol: ..................

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

9.5 INCHES wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:51 pm

Mask won't stop the virus and no one said one is full proof..........but a mask will sure in the hell will slow and cut some of it down..........just as a furnace filter, or a cars air filter slows micro dust particles..........that's the whole point of mask wearing BR.................let me ask you something BR...........if someone was setting next to you with covid.....delta variant etc........wouldn't you want them to have a mask on???.........that's the whole point of masks IS TO SLOW IT DOWN.......you never know who is infected.......looks like you lucked out in the BIG HOUSE for now in the seating bowl area........but it is subject to change..........better bring a crybus mask just in case.......still have to wear one in restrooms anyways. I think the problem with you is the mask is a big hassle and looks stupid........but remember it is so for others too........and also I think you're the type of person that hates orders and to be told what to do............... :lol: ...................I don't like them either but I wear one when have to.............

and now back to topic...............GET-UM-MINNY.................. :lol: ..................
No I trust the science. Which now states that natural immunity lasts much longer than any vaccine on the market, that the vaccine doesn't slow down transmission and neither does the mask.

If you want to wear one, great. Don't want to, great. My liberties don't end where your opinion begins.

Go Bucks.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:30 pm
9.5 INCHES wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:51 pm

No I trust the science. Which now states that natural immunity lasts much longer than any vaccine on the market, that the vaccine doesn't slow down transmission and neither does the mask.

My liberties don't end where your opinion begins.

Go Bucks.
And Visa versa here..............Nothing personal........ but some of your opinions aren't the greatest at times...........never answered my question......... with someone coughing ETC with covid with their mouth and nose covered with a mask is way safer than not covered............don't take much to realize that specially if they are close to you......................Agree on the vaccine vs natural immunity......that's if you once had the virus.....................lots of people in hospital beds that would disagree with that though............most are saying they wished they would have gotten the vaccine...............time will tell if you get it.......I hope you are one that shakes it off easy............I knew some pretty healthy people it took to the grave............Terrible what they went through before they passed...................No more from me about the virus...........depressing.............

GO GET-UM MINNY............how many points are you giving Minny BR?.........Be careful...................... :lol:

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I agree inches if someone is coughing and hacking next to me I would feel much better if they had a mask on. I don't mind wearing one if it not too hot and humid. I even like wearing it in winter when the cold winds blow lol. Now to the game. Minny offense might give the Buck defense some problems. Tanner Morgan had a great year in 2019 after struggling a bit last year. I look for him to get back to the 2019 form. An interesting stat I heard this week is this is the first time in 69 years OSU has not had a starting QB with at least one pass attempt the previous year. I think Stroud will use his legs a lot with some short simple passes in between. Maybe a few long ones to keep the defense honest but mostly short stuff and let the receiver try top make something happen. This could be a trap game but I think OSU will hang on and win by ten.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

The Golden Gophers should be pretty darn good again. I'm going out on a weak limb and taking the home Gophers over the visiting Buckeyes 31-20.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:50 am The Golden Gophers should be pretty darn good again. I'm going out on a weak limb and taking the home Gophers over the visiting Buckeyes 31-20.
That is blasphemy Trench!

Yet I share concerns about this game.

Spin it anyway you want due to covid and injuries, but the Buckeye defense was bad last year. Is it the players, who are supposedly among the best according to the recruiting rankings? Is it the coaching, with defensive coordinator Kerry Coombs being in over his head? Little or no improvement on defense equals a loss or two in 2021.

Also consider the law of averages and Ryan Day is due to lose one. Even the media that covers Ohio State have not proclaimed 2021 a championship or bust season. The challenge for Coach Day is proving he can develop talent, not just recruit talent.

I think OSU will beat the Gophers by 34-28, but will actually trail for most of the game. To me, that would be more entertaining than a 49-14 blowout.
Last edited by Omega on Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Omega wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:13 am
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:50 am The Golden Gophers should be pretty darn good again. I'm going out on a weak limb and taking the home Gophers over the visiting Buckeyes 31-20.
That is blasphemy Trench!

Yet I share concerns about this game.

Spin it anyway you want due to covid and injuries, but the Buckeye defense was bad last year. Is it the players, who are supposedly among the best according to the recruiting rankings? Is it the coaching, with defensive coordinator Kerry Combs being in over his head? Little or no improvement on defense equals a loss or two in 2021.

Also consider the law of averages and Ryan Day is due to lose one. Even the media that covers Ohio State have not proclaimed 2021 a championship or bust season. The challenge for Coach Day is proving he can develop talent, not just recruit talent.

I think OSU will beat the Gophers by 34-28, but will actually trail for most of the game. To me, that would be more entertaining than a 49-14 blowout.
No disrespect to the Buckeyes, but I think the Gophers will pack enough punch to beat them at home.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

9.5 inches you still haven't given any science to your claims. Show Us the Science. Don't just state Science without proof.

Minnesota can and will keep it close for 2 qtrs. 2nd half will wear down and bucks takeover. Kudos to the Big Ten for scheduling these early conference games , makes it more exciting to start the season.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Ok mr baseball since you insist here you go,,,,,,, now post your right wing link showing how they don't work........... :roll:
https://www.healthline.com/health-news/ ... 0unfounded.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

:lol: :lol: He's just another die hard anti everything, 9 and 5. These anti's will see if it gives them a visit, and hits them hard. :? Usually that's what it takes is live and learn. It's no crying Wolf matter when they try to tell people stuff.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

baseball16 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:53 am

Minnesota can and will keep it close for 2 qtrs. 2nd half will wear down and bucks takeover.
Better be careful with the swelled head.

Return to “College Sports”