OSU's Quinn Ewers Reportedly Signs $1M NIL Deal

Omega
SEOPS H

OSU's Quinn Ewers Reportedly Signs $1M NIL Deal

Post by Omega »

It is being reported than Ohio State's newest quarterback has signed a Name, Image, and Likeness deal worth one million dollars over his Buckeye career. Not bad for an eighteen year old kid who has been on OSU's roster less than 30 days and never has played one down of football in college. No wonder he was so eager to leave his high school career. I am all for capitalism, but you have to wonder what unintended consequences that NIL compensation will bring to college football.

https://www.si.com/college/ohiostate/fo ... on-dollars

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Valenth
SEOP

Re: OSU's Quinn Ewers Reportedly Signs $1M NIL Deal

Post by Valenth »

With these new NIL endorsements the cost will be passed down to the fans. More expensive gear, costs of food st the stadium will increase... As well as tickets to the games.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Totally agree with that, valenth! I thought the very same thing when it was first announced that the fans will pay for it and maybe even the students in form of tuition hikes, which was bad enough already.......... The colleges will make up for loss of revenue one way or the other!!!!!!!!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Well the universities do not pay the athletes NIL money. These are private businesses forking out the dough to the players. I think what you will find though is that it will fuel a new round of facility upgrades to attract the best players. There goes higher student fees and ticket prices. Also consider what it will cost fans to watch games on tv. Will games switch from cable outlets like ESPN and Fox to a pay per game streaming services? Would you pay a $100 per game fee to watch Ohio State play a generally crappy BIG 10 schedule?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels

Return to “College Sports”