Valenth's Thoughts from a Majority of Week 1

Valenth
SEOP

Valenth's Thoughts from a Majority of Week 1

Post by Valenth »

I know we still have a Couple Games on Sunday and Monday But I want to give my thoughts on what we have seen so far...

#1. Alabama is the team to beat in 2021.
The Crimson Tide looked great as usual... But their Defense has really Ramped up from past Seasons. The Miami FL O Line was totally eaten up by Alabamas Defense.

#2. The ACC and PAC12 fighting for the Worst Power 5 Conference in Football?
The ACC took one on the chin Big Time after Clemson and UNC suffered Defeats at the hands of their Respective Opponents.
The PAC12 had some upsets as well.. Washington falling to Montana, Washington State falling to Utah State And Cal being upended by Nevada... On top of Oregon almost losing to Fresno State.

#3. The B1G East is All the B1G has.
Ohio State and Penn State showed they have it this season... While I'm not totally Sold on any Michigan School just yet. The B1G West looks like the best team right now is Iowa... Nebraska, Northwestern and Nebraska started off with a bad taste in their Mouth.

#4. The SEC East will come down to... OF COURSE! Georgia and Florida...
The Bulldogs got a huge win against Clemson and set themselves in the catbird Seat for the SEC East... looks like a Date with Alabama for the SEC Championship.. FOR NOW.

#5. Group of 5 Teams that caught my eye...
UCF knocked off Boise State
Marshall Knocked off Navy
Cincinnati trounced Miami OH

SIDENOTE: PREDICTIONS...
Ole Miss Destroys Louisvillle
Notre Dame walks all over Florida State

Give me your Thoughts?

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Re: Valenth's Thoughts from a Majority of Week 1

Post by OHHS old timer »

To me, it's Bama...Georgia..............................Ohio St..........
.....................everyone else.

And I was not impressed with Buckeye D. Gave up almost 200 yds passing and rushing.

I was impressed with Cincinnati. Ridder appears to be the real deal. But that was against Miami OH. We shall see.

I think my last sentence pretty much sums up the other top 10 teams.....time will tell

Hopefully, my Noles won't stink up Doak Campbell stadium. They actually had a full spring practice and fall practice as well. Again....time will tell

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Oh...

PAC-12....minus UCLA...sucked big time.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Clearly Alabama is number one. Georgia second with what looks like a championship caliber defense. Next, I would for the moment, rank the UC Bearcats third because of their strength on both offense and defense. Then there are several teams who could challenge for a playoff if they can resolve issues:

Teams needing to find a defense:

Ohio State, Oklahoma, and Texas.

Teams needing to find an offense:

Clemson, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, and Iowa State.

Finally do not discount these teams:

Iowa, UCLA, Oregon, and Southern Cal.

Finally, it has been good to just watch college football with fans, bands, and cheerleaders in the stadiums.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I won't say Georgia has a "championship" defense as Clemsons offense was AWFUL. Especially the O line and QB. Georgia's offense was VERY pedestrian. What a boring game. And that is basically the same D that Ohio State ran over last season.

Sorry but JT Daniels was not impressive.

I agree that OSU needs to shore up the D. Looking at how many new starters they have its somewhat understandable, but I'm not sold on Combs being a good D coordinator.

Minnesota could win the West if Ibroham can return and be healthy.

Michigan State looked much improved from last year. They played with an edge and rolled NW.

Lots of football to be played but some teams looked ugly....including Oregon. If the Bucks can take care of the ball, Stroud get the ball to the receivers and run Williams and Henderson......they may boat race the Ducks. Leave Teague on the bench pleeeaaaassseeeee!!!!

Bama looks polished. They will be tough to beat this year, especially avoiding Georgia yet again in the regular season.

For me:

1. Bama
2. Buckeyes
3. Georgia
4. ? Insert a number of teams that are far below the top 3.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Biggest disappointments of the weekend:
Indiana, Wisconsin, UNC, Oregon, Tulane (for not beating OU) and the entire Georgia/Clemson game. There should have been a 15 yard flag thrown for lack of offense and being boring.

Impressed with: Iowa (extremely athletic and physical), UCLA, Michigan State and Florida State.

Big Ten looking strong. Didn't see much greatness in the SEC besides Bama.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:26 am Biggest disappointments of the weekend:
Indiana, Wisconsin, UNC, Oregon, Tulane (for not beating OU) and the entire Georgia/Clemson game. There should have been a 15 yard flag thrown for lack of offense and being boring.

Impressed with: Iowa (extremely athletic and physical), UCLA, Michigan State and Florida State.

Big Ten looking strong. Didn't see much greatness in the SEC besides Bama.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “College Sports”