Palaie Gaoteote Denied Eligibility To Play For Ohio State (NOW DECLARED ELIGIBLE)

Omega
SEOPS H

Palaie Gaoteote Denied Eligibility To Play For Ohio State (NOW DECLARED ELIGIBLE)

Post by Omega »

Palaei Gaoteote's application to transfer and be eligible to play for Ohio State this season has been denied by the NCAA. Although not specifically disclosed, the issue seems to be Gaoteote's not meeting the NCAA 's progress towards graduation rules. PG apparently failed to complete coursework at USC after leaving the team in 2020. With apologies to Cardale Jones, I guess footballers are also expected to play school.

Gaoteote was expected to add experience and athleticism to Ohio State's linebacking corps. He can remain with the team but cannot play. Gaoteote will have to continue to pay his own way at OSU.

https://saturdaytradition.com/ohio-stat ... -gaoteote/
Last edited by Omega on Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
cbolt
SEOP

Re: Palaie Gaoteote Denied Eligibility To Play For Ohio State

Post by cbolt »

I guess school don't matter because he is eligible again. :shock:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

cbolt wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:47 pm I guess school don't matter because he is eligible again. :shock:
Tell us all the details since you think this kid didn't do what was necessary to become eligible.
I'll wait.

So many haters on here.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

All you got to do is read what Omega's post said. He usually doesn't have scarlet blinders on like some of you guys. Hater or not it all sounds fishy no matter who you are. Regardless I wish him well.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Well in a surprising turn of events Palaie Gaoteote has been granted immediate eligibility by the NCAA to play for Ohio State. What ever eligibility snafu (suspected failure to maintain progress towards graduation) has been rectified. PG had been practicing with the Buckeyes so should be able to contributes some to OSU's linebacking rotation tomorrow against Oregon. Gaoteote is a former 5 star recruit with a penchant for making spectacular big hits but is oft injured. PG will be a welcomed addition to the Buckeyes, but he alone is not enough to cure all of the their problems on defense.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... es-in-2021

Gut feelings are your guardian angels

Return to “College Sports”