Valenth's Thoughts from Week 3...

Valenth
SEOP

Valenth's Thoughts from Week 3...

Post by Valenth »

Well that week was quite interesting... Heres my Thoughts...

#1. AFTER THIS WEEK.... There might not be a TRUE FRONTRUNNER... There was a LOT of Unlikely close calls this week. Alabama is still the best team until they lose IMO.

#2. I Have to change my thoughts on Ohio State... I don't see them winning the East... unless they REALLY get their act together.

Ohio State looked AWFUL against a very basic Tulsa squad.. they pulled away in the 2nd half... but I think the Buckeyes will lose a couple more games if they don't fix their issues.

#3. Did Florida Expose Alabama in yesterday's Game?

Yesterday's game was quite entertaining... and Alabama for once didn't look like the all powerful team we all thought they looked like.

#4. The ACC just keeps falling in my opinion.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO TEAM in the ACC that looks like a playoff contender. PERIOD. Clemson Escaped Georgia Tech, Notre Dame got By Purdue.. Virginia Tech got Served up to WVU and Pitt fell to MAC entity Western Michigan. The ACC as a whole looks quite bad.

#5. THE BIG XII also not looking all that powerful. Oklahoma and Oklahoma State eeking by their opponents.. Bedlam might determine the Champion of the Conference... we shall see...

#6. The B1G West is ALL IOWA..... the B1G East looks like .... Penn State?

Penn state got a HUGE win against Auburn.. and with Ohio State looking quite dismal... I gotta put Penn State as the B1G East frontrunner now. But flying under the radar possibly is Sparty... BUT.. im not sold on any Michigan School just yet.

#7. COULD THIS BE THE YEAR FOR A GROUP OF 5 TEAM TO MAKE THE PLAYOFF? I THINK SO!

With the ACC and PAC12 looking AWFUL right now... the Group of 5 Playoff Candidate looks to be... you guessed it! Cincinnati!

Cincinnati knocked off Indiana... And coming up they face Notre Dame...IF The Bearcats can knock the Irish off and Run the Table... they have the Resume that could very well catapult the Bearcats into the Playoffs! (And if the Irish win the ACC and the Bearcats win.... HUGE STATEMENT AND BOOSTER FOR THE BEARCATS) Most Group of 5 schools that was highly ranked never got the chance due to a weak Strength of Schedule.. But the Bearcats Wisely Packed their Non conference Schedule with really good Teams! The Bearcats playoff life depends on their match against the Irish.

#8. The PAC12 ... Oregon vs who in the Championship game?

The PAC12 South is a Mess... USC fell to Stanford and UCLA fell to Fresno State... Arizona fell to North Arizona and Arizona State fell to BYU... right now Oregon is the PAC12s only Playoff Shot.

Thoughts?

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Valenth's Thoughts from Week 3...

Post by Omega »

Is the one time sixth year of eligibility and the transfer portal allowing some of the have not programs to level the playing field? For example, Sparty.

Can we learn to stop worrying about the Buckeyes and accept less than championship caliber teams in Columbus? It has been a fantastic 20 year run, but nothing lasts forever.

College football needs new teams in the CFP discussion to rekindle fan interest. Alabama is still the king, but it is good to see some other schools like Cincinnati, Iowa, Michigan, Oregon, and Penn State having a chance.
Last edited by Omega on Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Mich St. impressed me. I saw chemistry in that game. Once they established the power running game, Miami was primed for the play action pass. The D, even though they gave up alot of passing yards, kept pressure on King into two interceptions and a forced fumble along with another fumble recovery.

Ohio St.= scary bad. Unless they do a 180....it's curtains for them.

As of now....Iowa vs Penn St./Bichigan

There could be a flip in the polls with Alabama and Georgia switching spots. Oregon moves up to 3.. Sooners drop a spot...Cincy moves up. Geez, it's too early to do poll crap...getting a headache.

I think Cincinnati can beat ND....gotta come out firing on all cylinders with ZERO turnovers.

All the rest....who cares for now...ya gotta show me something for me to talk about ya....except Coastal Carolina just keeps on winning.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Ohio State-
The good news: They have another 4 games to really get their shitz together before diving into the meat of their schedule.
The bad news: All the talk from Day about changes was nothing but window dressing. Nothing changed. Still ran a single high safety, Eichenburg still somehow seeing the field every play and their DB's are so poorly coached its pathetic.

I see the B1G East coming down to: OSU, PSU, MSU or UM. Either of these teams can win it this year.
B1G West is all Iowa (for now) although they did mightily struggle with Kent State. Wisconsin could come back and win the West but I dont see a West winner going to the CFP unless Iowa can run the table, and I dont think they can.

Bama vs Florida- great game from what I saw. Bama beating Miami only showed how awful the ACC is and not have dominant Bama is......however they are still the team to beat.

ACC- Hot dumpster garbage juice.

Pac12 is all Oregon. No other team will have any chance of making it to the CFP.

I agree with you guys on Cincy. I think they can (and will) beat ND. If they run the table and beat ND, their resume is good enough to get into the CFP.

Lots and lots of football to be played.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

On a side note- the officiating crew that did the OSU vs Tulsa game were the most pathetic group I have ever seen. From the interception ruled a completion after replay (wth?) to the roughing the passer penalty, those guys were a J.O.K.E.

Officiating overall is rapidly declining. Even with today's technology they cant get calls right.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:36 am On a side note- the officiating crew that did the OSU vs Tulsa game were the most pathetic group I have ever seen. From the interception ruled a completion after replay (wth?) to the roughing the passer penalty, those guys were a J.O.K.E.

Officiating overall is rapidly declining. Even with today's technology they cant get calls right.
I didnt see the ohio state game i was at work but if you think the crew at ohio state game had anything on that crew that called the penn state game that is saying something.

Return to “College Sports”