Ohio State Men's Basketball 21-22

PTrojan59
S

Re: Ohio State Men's Basketball 21-22

Post by PTrojan59 »

BigGuy10 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:17 am I was there last night and man what a game to be at!! That place was rockin!

At halftime my optimism was going down just a bit with our high # of TO and missed FT! Hard to beat a team like Duke when you make those kinds of mistakes and miss points opportunities but the Buckeyes prevailed! Liddell is a stud. Key had the game of his life and I hope that's just a start of what's to come! Russell was huge coming off the bench. However, I'm not a fan of Ahrens, chucks up shots and is shaky on defense..

Big time win that should leap us into the rankings again! Go Bucks!!
Awesome game to go to. The atmosphere was amazing, loudest I have ever heard the Schott, so I can only imagine how it was in person. I’m not the biggest Ahrens fan either, he brings almost nothing to the table besides the 3. When he’s not hitting on those then him being on the court is a waste. His defense isn’t good, he won’t drive, and his passing is very suspect. It’ll be Interesting to see who leaves the starting 5 once Sueing is healthy. It’s between Ahrens, Branham and Key. I would hope Ahrens but we shall see.

Who Dey!
BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

PTrojan59 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:00 am
BigGuy10 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:17 am I was there last night and man what a game to be at!! That place was rockin!

At halftime my optimism was going down just a bit with our high # of TO and missed FT! Hard to beat a team like Duke when you make those kinds of mistakes and miss points opportunities but the Buckeyes prevailed! Liddell is a stud. Key had the game of his life and I hope that's just a start of what's to come! Russell was huge coming off the bench. However, I'm not a fan of Ahrens, chucks up shots and is shaky on defense..

Big time win that should leap us into the rankings again! Go Bucks!!
Awesome game to go to. The atmosphere was amazing, loudest I have ever heard the Schott, so I can only imagine how it was in person. I’m not the biggest Ahrens fan either, he brings almost nothing to the table besides the 3. When he’s not hitting on those then him being on the court is a waste. His defense isn’t good, he won’t drive, and his passing is very suspect. It’ll be Interesting to see who leaves the starting 5 once Sueing is healthy. It’s between Ahrens, Branham and Key. I would hope Ahrens but we shall see.
I personally believe Key is too valuable to not have starting so I'd hope he's safe. Sueing plays the forward position same as Ahrens so you'd assume they make the switch since Branham plays the guard role. However I like the idea of us having a decent amount of weapons starting and off the bench!

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Ohio State won their Big Ten opener last night at Penn State. Buckeyes looked like they would pull away several times, at one point the lead was up to 18. Penn State late in the 2nd half cut it down to 6. Defense wasn’t great. Kyle Young had a nice game, not known for his shooting was 4-4 from deep. Meanwhile Ahrens who only shoots 3’s was 3-8, Wheeler 1-6 from 3, both of those are not great. Sometimes I feel like the Buckeyes are in love with the 3. It ended up being a hard fought 12 point win. Next game is Wednesday against Towson at 9pm, this before a huge game with Wisconsin Saturday afternoon.

Who Dey!
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I have not been posting much on the games I have watched. It was good to see the Bucks overcome the slow start against Penn State and eek ut the win. This team could be a force come tourney time.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Ohio State took care of business against Towson on Wednesday night. Yesterday afternoon they flexed their muscles against Wisconsin in a blow out win. Wisconsin offense doesn’t seem to be very good, but Ohio State did seem to play better defense. EJ is a monster. 28 points, 9 rebounds, few blocks and some assists too. He couldn’t be stopped. I’m hoping this is where the team clicked and it’s only up from here. I think the biggest thing now is finding a second scorer. I think that guy can and will be Sueing once he’s back. Next game is next Saturday against UK who got upset by a mediocre ND team yesterday. Kentucky is a good team, but if we play how we did against Wisconsin I think we will be fine. Game is in Vegas as part of the CBS classic I think it’s called. 5pm tip. Go Buckeyes!

Who Dey!
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Buckeyes were supposed to have a big-time match-up against Kentucky in Las Vegas, but the game was canceled due to COVID issues in the OSU program.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Buckeyes game for this coming Tuesday against UT-Martin has also been canceled due to covid. Next game looks to be the following Tuesday the 28th against New Orleans. That will be the end of non conference play. After such a long pause, I think the Buckeyes should be able to play that game. I actually have tickets to that game.

Who Dey!
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

After a three week layoff due to covid protocols, the Bucks returned with a 87-79 win at Nebraska before getting dominated by Indiana last night, losing 67-51. Bucks fall to 3-1 in conference play, good for fourth place. Overall OSU is 9-3 on the season.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

A good win last night over a decent Northwestern squad.

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

Was a very good game yesterday! I got 2 tickets for the game as a Christmas gift so can't beat that! Liddell looked great and Branham is going to be a good ball player for years to come!

Fun fact: Pete Nance is a player for Northwestern with older brother Larry Nance Jr in the NBA and his father a former NBA player and 1984 Slam Dunk Champ was in attendance! 2 rows in front of me! He was very nice and even took a picture with me. Very cool!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Basketbucks fall on the road at Wisconsin 78-68.

OSU is 4-2 in Big Ten play, good for 4th place. State is 10-4 over all. Next up is Penn St this Saturday.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

Next 3 games at home- should win all 3; Penn State today, IUPUI on Tues and Nebraska next Saturday. Hopefully get healthy and start getting into a good flow. After the 3 home games to tuffys on the road; at Minnesota and at Purdue.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Buckeyes need to work on some up-tempo things to start off the game off to shake off the cold starts.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Coming of a 83-37 win over IUPUI, the Bucks next home game against Nebraska has been postponed due to covid protocols within the Husker program.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Ohio State traveled to Minnesota and came away with a 75-64 victory. The Buckeyes controlled the paint, out rebounding the Gophers 48-22. EJ Liddle led OSU in scoring with 23 points.

The game featured some milestones. Liddle scored his 1,000th career point and Chris Holtmann claimed his 100th victory as Buckeye head coach. The contest also marked the 50th anniversary of the infamous on court assault of Buckeye center Luke Witte at Minnesota.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Wi ... _Minnesota

The 16th ranked Buckeyes are 13-4 and stand 6-2 in conference play, just one half game back of Wisconsin.

I believe the next game will a tough one at Purdue.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

OSU overcame a 20 point second half deficit only to fall 81-78 when Purdue drained a three pointer at the buzzer. The Bucks were lead by EJ Liddell and Malaki Branham who each tallied 20 points. State again shot poorly from 3 point range and had no answer inside to Purdue's 7'4'' center Zach Edey.

State sits in 5th place in Big Ten play with a 6-3 record. Overall the Bucks are 13-5. Iowa is next up for OSU on February 3rd.

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

Buckeyes showed a lot of heart by making a comeback on Saturday but just couldn't complete the upset. I'm not too worried yet with a lot of basketball still left to play.

However, if we don't take away minutes from Ahrens.. he is a 1-Dimensional player on offense and over the last 9 games is averaging 3.6 ppg while shooting a very poor 23%. On top of a liability on defense. Time to get someone else more playing time until Ahrens figures it out

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Big game against Iowa on Thursday night. Would be nice to get back to winning ways after a tough comeback loss against Purdue. Ahrens definitely needs to see less of the court. I think his replacement is ready. Eugene Brown gave a lot of good minutes against Purdue, his offense has started to come around. He plays way better defense than Ahrens, and can score multiples ways. Maybe that’s what Ahrens needs, to come off the bench and get into a rhythm that way or something. I had read where Justice Sueing has been putting up some shots, but appears to be a several weeks away from returning. No update on Seth Towns, my guess is he won’t play this season. Both could return as super seniors next year if they wanted to. Not having them, especially Sueing has really hurt the wing spot. Hopefully they can get this game in, some nasty weather in Columbus on Thursday.

Who Dey!
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

PTrojan59 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:25 pm Big game against Iowa on Thursday night. Would be nice to get back to winning ways after a tough comeback loss against Purdue. Ahrens definitely needs to see less of the court. I think his replacement is ready. Eugene Brown gave a lot of good minutes against Purdue, his offense has started to come around. He plays way better defense than Ahrens, and can score multiples ways. Maybe that’s what Ahrens needs, to come off the bench and get into a rhythm that way or something. I had read where Justice Sueing has been putting up some shots, but appears to be a several weeks away from returning. No update on Seth Towns, my guess is he won’t play this season. Both could return as super seniors next year if they wanted to. Not having them, especially Sueing has really hurt the wing spot. Hopefully they can get this game in, some nasty weather in Columbus on Thursday.
The Iowa game has been postponed due to travel and weather conditions

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... r-concerns

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Ohio St 82 Maryland 67

Link to @LICKING COUNTY FAN 's excellent write up:

viewtopic.php?f=22&p=1985616#p1985616

Return to “College Sports”