18 Wake Forest 9-2
19 Utah 8-3
20 NC State 8-3
21 San Diego State 10-1
22 UTSA 11-0
23 Clemson 8-3
24 Houston 10-1
25 Arkansas 7-4

I am pleasantly surprised Cincinnati was ranked 4th. The Bearcats path to the playoffs is now before them.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: CFP Rankings 11/23/21

Post by smurray »

Exactly the way I had the top 6. I didn’t think the committee would actually do it though.

Let’s say Ohio State wins out and so does Cincy.
Let’s say Alabama beats Georgia in the SEC Championship game.
What’s the line up then? Same 4 teams but how do you rank them?

Now, same scenario only Georgia beats Alabama. Id say Bama is out.
1. Georgia
2. OSU
3. Cincy
4. Notre Dame

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Wow The CFP committee got it right for once! Im pleasantly surprised!

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Bama is out if they lose again! Even in a close game. A two loss team has not made it yet I do believe

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

smurray wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:23 pm Exactly the way I had the top 6. I didn’t think the committee would actually do it though.

1. Georgia
2. OSU
3. Cincy
4. Notre Dame
Here's another scenario...adding Ok St. (#7)...

Georgia beats Bama...wins SEC 🏆
Ohio St. beats Bichigan...wins B1G 🏆
Cinn wins out...wins AAC 🏆

That's 3 teams. Now a small wrinkle...

#7 Ok St. beats Sooners. Will play either Baylor or OU (again) for BIG 12 championship. And they win that as well.

1 Georgia...
2 Ohio St.
3 Cincinnati
4 Oklahoma St. ???

No conference championship for Irish. Bama and Bichigan are out with 2 losses.

Thoughts...@Valenth ...@smurray ...@Omega ...and all others. Thiughts??

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

OHHS old timer wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:08 pm
smurray wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:23 pm Exactly the way I had the top 6. I didn’t think the committee would actually do it though.

1. Georgia
2. OSU
3. Cincy
4. Notre Dame

#7 Ok St. beats Sooners. Will play either Baylor or OU (again) for BIG 12 championship. And they win that as well.

1 Georgia...
2 Ohio St.
3 Cincinnati
4 Oklahoma St. ???

If that scenario plays out, according to the ESPN CFP predictor, they have ND at a 60% chance to make the playoff and OK St only a 56% chance with a conference championship..

Me personally I don't see how ND would get in over Ok St if they win out with Ok St having a conference ship but the committee loves surprises. Maybe they put value to ND's only loss being playoff contender Cincy? Who knows.

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

Basically if it plays out like that: Georgia, OSU and Cincy are your locks for sure. Then the 4th team is a tossup.

Now if Alabama just so happens to beat Georgia in the SEC title game, they'll put Bama at the 2 and OSU the 3. Just so Alabama and Georgia don't have a rematch 2 weeks in a row

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

If UGA beats Bama...
If the Pokes beat OU and then Baylor/OU in conference championship game(2 wins vs top 10 teams) it would be hard to keep them out.
Assuming Ohio St and UC win their conference championships.

1. UGA
2. OSU Bucks
3. UC
4. OSU Pokes

5. ND
6. Bama

Several top 10 match ups these next 2 weeks.
UGA/Bama
OSU Bucks/Mich
OSU Pokes/OU
Pokes/OU/Baylor

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Raiderball wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:17 pm If UGA beats Bama...
If the Pokes beat OU and then Baylor/OU in conference championship game(2 wins vs top 10 teams) it would be hard to keep them out.
Assuming Ohio St and UC win their conference championships.

1. UGA
2. OSU Bucks
3. UC
4. OSU Pokes

5. ND
6. Bama

Several top 10 match ups these next 2 weeks.
UGA/Bama
OSU Bucks/Mich
OSU Pokes/OU
Pokes/OU/Baylor
Agreed..

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

OHHS old timer wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:08 pm

1. Georgia
2. OSU
3. Cincy
4. Notre Dame

1 Georgia...
2 Ohio St.
3 Cincinnati
4 Oklahoma St. ???

Chaos is still possible if Alabama beats Georgia or Ohio St falls to Michigan or UC chokes on Houston. Notre Dame and Michigan are waiting in the wings and OkSt/Sooners could back in to the playoffs with max chaos. The key matchup is Alabama versus Georgia. Two SEC teams in the playoffs is a distinct possibility.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

The way I see this.. if they put it to the point where it sets up for a possible SEC national Championship.. thats as Biased as it gets. IMO If everyone wins out and Alabama loses... And if Oklahoma State wins out... Oklahoma State gets the 4 spot. NO 2 LOSS team should be in the top 4 period. Especially with as many 1 loss teams .. and the SEC WEST isnt that good. Lets just be honest there.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

You HOMERS are still nuts on here :lol: :lol: ....What are you going to do if ohio loses to Michigan?..And then Michigan loses to bucky bedger?Let me tell you what a SFB HOMER will do...First...That would make a 3-loss team the Kings of the world in the big 14 :lol:And then you would see the HOMERS "Rising up" and demanding ohio to be included in the CFPs because they only have "2" losses...Now HOMERS are so infactuated with their DADDY NOT being in the CFPs?...They are "insistant" that a 2-loss TIDE is not selected..But watch how fast that would change IF ohio is a 2-loss big 14 runnerup :lol:

ohio has beat teams who are a combined 52-58..That includes a win over minny who got beat at home by Bowling Green.Over purdy,who beat 2 of the MOST overranked,overrated,and overvalued teams in spart and Iowa that I have ever seen.Over psu,who got beat by THE ILLINI in 9 OTs in the most embarrassing football game in this conference since iowa hung 55 on ohio.OR..THE TIDE,who hung 52 on them and could have HUNG a HUNDO this past January....And spart,who is 114th in total defense in America,130th in pass defense..Played a transfer RB who had 5 carries against ohio with a sprained ankle..And Payton Thorne :lol: .... And a combo 40 Transfers/Super Srs..

OR...If ohio somehow beats Michigan and Bucky beats ohio in indy?...lol.....Hell they put ohio in the CFPs because of politics in 2014...In 2016....And last year which was a TOTAL Joke...Maybe get them in there again with those HUGE wins over Rut,Akron,indy,corn,and THE Hurricane from Tulsa...

And remember what a HOMER would say.It is NOT their fault they got beat at home by Oregon this year who was playing without 1/2 of their starters on Defense,including their 2 most elite players.Just think how different it would be now :lol: :lol: :lol: ...Sound familiar?

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

:lol: :lol:

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

The General wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:59 pm You HOMERS are still nuts on here :lol: :lol: ....What are you going to do if ohio loses to Michigan?..And then Michigan loses to bucky bedger?Let me tell you what a SFB HOMER will do...First...That would make a 3-loss team the Kings of the world in the big 14 :lol:And then you would see the HOMERS "Rising up" and demanding ohio to be included in the CFPs because they only have "2" losses...Now HOMERS are so infactuated with their DADDY NOT being in the CFPs?...They are "insistant" that a 2-loss TIDE is not selected..But watch how fast that would change IF ohio is a 2-loss big 14 runnerup :lol:

ohio has beat teams who are a combined 52-58..That includes a win over minny who got beat at home by Bowling Green.Over purdy,who beat 2 of the MOST overranked,overrated,and overvalued teams in spart and Iowa that I have ever seen.Over psu,who got beat by THE ILLINI in 9 OTs in the most embarrassing football game in this conference since iowa hung 55 on ohio.OR..THE TIDE,who hung 52 on them and could have HUNG a HUNDO this past January....And spart,who is 114th in total defense in America,130th in pass defense..Played a transfer RB who had 5 carries against ohio with a sprained ankle..And Payton Thorne :lol: .... And a combo 40 Transfers/Super Srs..

OR...If ohio somehow beats Michigan and Bucky beats ohio in indy?...lol.....Hell they put ohio in the CFPs because of politics in 2014...In 2016....And last year which was a TOTAL Joke...Maybe get them in there again with those HUGE wins over Rut,Akron,indy,corn,and THE Hurricane from Tulsa...

And remember what a HOMER would say.It is NOT their fault they got beat at home by Oregon this year who was playing without 1/2 of their starters on Defense,including their 2 most elite players.Just think how different it would be now :lol: :lol: :lol: ...Sound familiar?
I'll say this... Michigan wanted that win more.. and they rightfully deserved to win. Ohio State couldn't stop the run and Michigan's O and D line controlled the game. I ain't going to justify a poor showing by Ohio State. Just stating the facts. Michigan earned that win flat out.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Just a thought before Tuesday....

1 Georgia
2 Alabama
3 Michigan
4 Cincinnati

I could see Michigan leap to #2...leaving Bama at #3

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Georgia should roll Bama. If Oklahoma state loses to Baylor, Notre Dame becomes the 4th

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Cincinnati
4. Oklahoma State

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Interesting how all 4 have dominate defenses

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

OHHS old timer wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:19 pm Just a thought before Tuesday....

1 Georgia
2 Alabama
3 Michigan
4 Cincinnati

I could see Michigan leap to #2...leaving Bama at #3
No way Alabama is 2nd after that pathetic showing against Auburn... Auburn is a 6-6 team and took 4 overtimes to beat them? Nope.

Return to “College Sports”