Valenth's Predictions For the CFP

Valenth
SEOP

Valenth's Predictions For the CFP

Post by Valenth »

After the Dust has Settled... This is what I see on the CFP....

1. Michigan
2. Alabama
3. Georgia
4. Cincinnati

5. Baylor
6. Notre Dame

Michigan showed total domination today.

Baylor Just didn't have enough in the Resume to Jump into the Top 4.

Thoughts?

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Re: Valenth's Predictions For the CFP

Post by OHHS old timer »

I'll go with what I posted in GameDay thread....

1 Michigan
2 Alabama
3 Cincinnati
4 Georgia

5 Notre Dame
6 Ohio State
7 Baylor

Just my observation...not taking a look at last week's rankings. Committee doesn't want a Bama/Dogs rematch until championship game.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

OHHS old timer wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:57 pm I'll go with what I posted in GameDay thread....

1 Michigan
2 Alabama
3 Cincinnati
4 Georgia

5 Notre Dame
6 Ohio State
7 Baylor

Just my observation...not taking a look at last week's rankings. Committee doesn't want a Bama/Dogs rematch until championship game.
We'll find out come high noon....

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

1. Bama 2. Michigan 3. Georgia 4. Cincinnati 5. ND 6. Baylor 7. Ohio State is my guess. I don’t think Michigan will be 1 because I think Cincinnati is locked in at 4, and they won’t want the rematch of Georgia & Bama to be until possibly the championship. Just my opinion.

Who Dey!
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

IMO I Just don't feel like it's fair for them to possibly throw the door open to an all SEC National Championship.. If they don't place the SEC teams as 1 and 4 or 2 and 3... this CFP committee has the SEC in their Pockets. And then we see that CFP is all about Money.

Michigan passed the Eye Test and Played Better than ANY TOP 4 team.

The Big Seperating Point Michigan's Loss is BETTER than Alabamas... by a Long shot.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Valenth wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:56 am IMO I Just don't feel like it's fair for them to possibly throw the door open to an all SEC National Championship.. If they don't place the SEC teams as 1 and 4 or 2 and 3... this CFP committee has the SEC in their Pockets. And then we see that CFP is all about Money.

The Big Seperating Point Michigan's Loss is BETTER than Alabamas... by a Long shot.

Of course the SEC gets favorable treatment in the eyes of the CFP Committee. Yet I do not believe it is a conspiracy with E$PN. The SEC has earned the benefit of the doubt through on field performance.

One could argue Georgia's loss should keep them out of the CFP as they have no conference championship. Yet who do.you choose in their place? One loss Notre Dame who has no conference championship and just lost their coach.? Two loss Baylor? Two loss Ohio State who was curb stomped by Michigan?

We are all tired of SEC! SEC! , but until they are beaten on the field, they will be considered number one. Alabama and Georgia have the best talent, but as much as I hate saying it, Michigan has a a realistic shot at the championship and breaking the SEC domination of the CFP.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Omega wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:29 am
Valenth wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:56 am IMO I Just don't feel like it's fair for them to possibly throw the door open to an all SEC National Championship.. If they don't place the SEC teams as 1 and 4 or 2 and 3... this CFP committee has the SEC in their Pockets. And then we see that CFP is all about Money.

Of course the SEC gets favorable treatment in the eyes of the CFP Committee. Yet I do not believe it is a conspiracy with E$PN. The SEC has earned the benefit of the doubt through on field performance.

One could argue Georgia's loss should keep them out of the CFP as they have no conference championship. Yet who do.you choose in their place? One loss Notre Dame who has no conference championship and just lost their coach.? Two loss Baylor? Two loss Ohio State who was curb stomped by Michigan?

We are all tired of SEC! SEC! , but until they are beaten on the field, they will be considered number one. Alabama and Georgia have the best talent, but as much as I hate saying it, Michigan has a a realistic shot at the championship and breaking the SEC domination of the CFP.
Well said, Omega!!

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

I didn't say Georgia didn't Belong... I just think they need to make one Semi Final game between the Same teams again this would be to not lean towards the Favoritism of the SEC.. lets the Honest... the SEC EAST wasn't a Great Division... the 2nd best team was Kentucky... 4 of the SEC East teams were very Weak... the SEC West turned out like the PAC12 in a Sense when the teams beat each other... the only reason they are trying to Justify the SEC as whole to be Poweful was because the ACC and PAC12 were down.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

However I also believe the SEC teams needs to quit padding their Schedule with FCS teams to get them Closer to Bowl Eligibility as well... replace those FCS schools they play with a FBS school... you possibly could knock out 5 of the SEC twams from Bowl Eligibility.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

I just don't think it's right when people call out teams like Ohio State or Michigan saying their Schedule is Weak when Alabama has MERCER on their Schedule and Georgia Has Charleston Southern on their Schedule...

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Valenth wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:57 am

I didn't say Georgia didn't Belong... I just think they need to make one Semi Final game between the Same teams again this would be to not lean towards the Favoritism of the SEC.. lets the Honest... the SEC EAST wasn't a Great Division... the 2nd best team was Kentucky... 4 of the SEC East teams were very Weak... the SEC West turned out like the PAC12 in a Sense when the teams beat each other... the only reason they are trying to Justify the SEC as whole to be Poweful was because the ACC and PAC12 were down.
My apologies Valenth, I misread your post. Still for 2021, it is what it is, an argument for an expanded 8 team playoff

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Omega wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:21 pm
Valenth wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:57 am

My apologies Valenth, I misread your post. Still for 2021, it is what it is, an argument for an expanded 8 team playoff
8 teams I believe would have been a Great Playoff Sccenario for this year.

But the Committee once again tipped the scales in favor of having an All SEC National Championship.. I just feel thats not right... its about $$$...

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

They Blow up Alabama like they're the best team in the country... However of the top 4 teams. Alabama has the WORST loss of the top 4 teams... a 4 LOSS Texas A&M Team.

And to show im not biased... this gives me Flashbacks of Ohio States loss to Virginia Tech.. the difference is They Shine Alabam as #1.. as opposed to Ohio State just getting in at #4. Its Bias... Period.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

For the record, here is the final regular season rankings by the CFP Committee:

With No. 1 Alabama and No. 3 Georgia leading the way, the SEC topped all conferences with six teams in the top 25 of the final College Football Playoff Rankings of 2021.

No. 8 Ole Miss, No. 21 Arkansas, No. 22 Kentucky, and No. 25 Texas A&M joined the Crimson Tide and Bulldogs, surpassing the four teams from both the Big Ten and ACC.

RANK TEAM RECORD
1 Alabama 12-1
2 Michigan 12-1
3 Georgia 12-1
4 Cincinnati 13-0
5 Notre Dame 11-1
6 Ohio State 10-2
7 Baylor 11-2
8 Ole Miss 10-2
9 Oklahoma State 11-2
10 Michigan State 10-2
11 Utah 10-3
12 Pitt 11-2
13 BYU 10-2
14 Oregon 10-3
15 Iowa 10-3
16 Oklahoma 10-2
17 Wake Forest 10-3
18 NC State 9-3
19 Clemson 9-3
20 Houston 11-2
21 Arkansas 8-4
22 Kentucky 9-3
23 Louisiana 12-1
24 San Diego State 11-2
25 Texas A&M 8-4

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Valenth wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:32 pm They Blow up Alabama like they're the best team in the country... However of the top 4 teams. Alabama has the WORST loss of the top 4 teams... a 4 LOSS Texas A&M Team.

And to show im not biased... this gives me Flashbacks of Ohio States loss to Virginia Tech.. the difference is They Shine Alabam as #1.. as opposed to Ohio State just getting in at #4. Its Bias... Period.
It's totally biased. That's the result of ESPN owning (literally) the CFP and the SEC and ACC networks.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Well Michigan and Cincy can prove the SEC is not that strong and over hyped! Doesn't matter where they are ranked each team will get a shot to knock them off. We will see if they can do it on the field. Like omega said they get the benefit of doubt by proving it on the field in years past. Michigan's win was impressive but lets face it, Iowa is no juggernaut. Their offense is downright embarrassing ! Alabama had some close calls during the regular season against some mediocre teams but they got it done when it mattered the most in impressive fashion against the number 1 team in the land. Time to put up or shut up. Let's get it on! It would be so great to see Cincy shock the world and win it all! Would be so happy for Fickell who took a beatdown when he was HC in Columbus . Where in the heII is inches? He should be lighting this board up! :lol:

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

In the end when you realize it... ESECPN overhyped Georgia.. That Georgia Clemson game was supposed to be the "Game Of the Season" Georgia barely beat a team in disappointing fashion that ended up heading to the Cheez it bowl who didn't make the ACC championship.... THE ACC is Awful. The Best win Georgia has is Kentucky... Every other team in the SEC East was middle of the road to Dumpster fire.... Lets not Forget that SAME Florida team that LOST TO SOUTH CAROLINA... Almost beat Alabama.... then subsequently Lost their Head Coach. NO matter how you shape it.. ESPN I think really overhyped Both Georgia and Alabama... Alabama Takes 4 Overtimes to take down 6-6 Auburn.. Barely escape LSU AND Arkansas? ONCE AGAIN BEAT FLORIDA BY 2?! AND LOST TO A 4 LOSS TEXAS A&M Team that isn't that great...

ESPN sets a metric for the SEC that they think they are the best Every year in and out. The problem is they never clear the slate by every new season to see how things play out... they just assume that they are always going to be the best every single year... If they wanna play by these rules ill bring this up! Lets not forget they never bring up that last year this same Georgia team BARELY beat Cincinnati...

When the CFP selection committee is praised and the Selclection Show aired on a Neteork that Owns the SEC AND ACC networks... the Bias will ALWAYS be there.. Its fact because ESPN wants to push the SEC as the best to line the pockets of their sponsors and executives. On top of CBS having their hands in on that SEC lovefest as well.

It just turns What was a beautiful sport of College Football into a Money making Business. And with these actions it is slowly destroying the integrity of College sports as we speak.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

One day away from CFP semifinals. UC vs. Bama. Georgia vs. Michigan.

Little discussion on SEOP and little I have noticed on the national media. Of course do we care since the Buckeyes are not involved?

Still the matchups give the Midwest a chance to end the narrative of $EC superiority. Can one or both of the Bearcats or Wolverines come through with a victory? Will Roll Tide and UGA hold serve and validate the $EC bias?

I think we will see one upset. Michigan has a shot against UGA. Defense still wins championships.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Well one thing last night's CFP semifinals proved is that there should not be two $EC teams in the playoffs. There should be four.(sarcasm)

Credit to both UC and Michigan, they did not quit competing. They were both overwhelmed on the line of scrimmage. The take away might be two fold:

> To our chagrin, the $EC has again earned the benefit of the doubt and justified the media bias. The talent gap between the two semi winners and the rest of college football is real.

> Championship level teams play defense and control the line of scrimmage. Teams that rely offense and finesse like Ohio State may need to rethink their philosophy if they truly want to have a chance to win national championships.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

"To be the best...Wooo, ya gotta beat the best...Wooo"
Ric Flair used to proudly proclaim that.

Same applies to the CFP....enough said

Return to “College Sports”