Week 4: OSU vs Colorado 9/24

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Well, last week sucked.

What's your thoughts for this one!

run-n-gun
Varsity

Re: Week 4: OSU vs Colorado 9/24

Post by run-n-gun »

If coached right, this should be an easy win for tOSU.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Coaching gets blame, but was not the problem against Miami.

You can have Woody, Bo, Bear, Saban, Carrol, and Meyer on the same staff, if receivers can't catch balls that hit them in the hands and chest, if blockers can't make a pocket, if defenders try to arm tackle, and corners don't find the ball, not even that staff could win!

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

very true dubs. the youth and inexperience showed. things should improve with game experience and getting players back from suspension.

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

Agree DUBS.Youngsters had some first quarter jitters.What's the status of Williams?Colorado will be no cakewalk!! I see all the Buckeye Band Waggoners are selling their tickets fast and cheap.Probably buy a couple and go this week.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Williams is out for at least a couple weeks, my best guess would be probable for Nebraska.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Against Miami, Bouserman 37 snaps 94 yards.
Miller 18 snaps 115 yards!

This seems like a no brainer, but stop to consider:

Miller 18 snaps, 3 fumbles, 1 interception!

This is why Bouserman is still starting!!!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:Against Miami, Bouserman 37 snaps 94 yards.
Miller 18 snaps 115 yards!

This seems like a no brainer, but stop to consider:

Miller 18 snaps, 3 fumbles, 1 interception!

This is why Bouserman is still starting!!!
Its hard to come off the bench and perform. Its even harder when you have seen limited action the first 2 weeks of the year. Put in the factor of playing from behind, in Miami, and it is not an easy role to step into. I can see where a 18/19 year old kid would be a bit jittery. Miller had very little opportunity to get any kind of rhythm last night.

I see Miller getting most of the snaps in practice this week, Fickell starting him and him making a few mistakes. But I also see him making a lot of very good plays and getting the offense moving the football.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Right now Miller is NOT a college level QB!

He has to do better in practice, gain the trust it takes to get more PT in games.

Yes, his growth may accelerate with more game time. But he has yet to EARN it. We untitled a freshman 4 years ago, gave him a shot before he EARNED it, and sent him down the trail of the self-righteous and entitled!

Braxton will be a good QB eventually, but he has to EARN it!

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

Buckeyes by 20

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:Right now Miller is NOT a college level QB!
Bauserman isn't, either. I could probably throw for a couple of touchdowns against Akron. (Maybe need a beer or two in between).

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

miller had some turnovers oh well he moved the chains. bauserman is not a D1 quarterback period looked good first game thats about it. with the defense carrying the offense you cant expect them to shut people out every saturday. i knew they would miss pryor but i didnt think the offense would be this stale.

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:Coaching gets blame, but was not the problem against Miami.

You can have Woody, Bo, Bear, Saban, Carrol, and Meyer on the same staff, if receivers can't catch balls that hit them in the hands and chest, if blockers can't make a pocket, if defenders try to arm tackle, and corners don't find the ball, not even that staff could win!
Gotta call BS on this one 'dubs.

If we had Woody, Bo, Bear, Saban, Carrol and Meyer on the sidelines we would have kids who knew how to catch the ball, kids who knew the proper way to block instead of being taught how not to get caught holding(and don't even get me started on footwork), defenders who knew how to tackle properly and corners who knew the proper technique as well as a QB who was more fundamentally sound than what is there today. 98% is on coaching staff.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:Right now Miller is NOT a college level QB!

He has to do better in practice, gain the trust it takes to get more PT in games.

Yes, his growth may accelerate with more game time. But he has yet to EARN it. We untitled a freshman 4 years ago, gave him a shot before he EARNED it, and sent him down the trail of the self-righteous and entitled!

Braxton will be a good QB eventually, but he has to EARN it!

What has Bauserman earned? Nothing. He had his chance to perform and laid a terd against both Toledo and Miami. There is more upside to Miller than downside to Bauserman.

I have to agree with your earlier post about Miller being #1 and Guiton backing him up. Fickell needs to make a decision and stick with it. This 2 QB offense sucks and it is easy for a defense to know what is going to happen when each QB is in the game. I will anxiously await to see who starts vs Colorado. If it is Bauserman, I probably wont watch. Yes he had receivers drop balls, but most of his throws were not within 10 yds of receivers. He couldnt hit RBs out of the backfield, TE 7 yds away for a TD and always resorts to just throwing it deep and trying the homerun ball (no pun intended).

You were right on the money about our offense not having an identity. It will continue until Fickell sticks with one guy to run the show. And I dont agree with comparing Miller with Pryor as far as how they will handle success, or entitlement. Lets first try to get the success from the QB and let him show us how he will handle it.

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

The Buckeyes need to settle down this week and get the passing game going a little better. Maybe get Miller in more this game to give him some more game experience, but against a weaker team than last week.

Buckeyes get back on track this week and get the W

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Braxton Miller should be the QB........Joe Bauserman is a 5th year senior, and could not clearly separate himself from Miller in practice..........JB was dreadful in the Miami game, and yes, a few balls were dropped, but most were well off target........Miller can at least make some plays with his feet, and in today's college football, that is a must.

The Miami game won't be the Buckeyes' only loss (at Nebraska, Wisconsin, Michigan State, at Illinois, Penn State, at Michigan.......all possible losses).......all these teams have good offenses, and it's asking a lot of the Buckeye defense to win these games considering the unsettled OSU offense.

Put Miller in at QB and let him make his mistakes........and with each game the mistakes will be fewer and fewer.

As some earlier posts have mentioned, perhaps Kenny Guiton could get some snaps.......he also is mobile and has a good arm.

Colorado is no gimme at all for the Buckeyes, because they can put points on the board........another offensive performance like the Miami game and OSU will be 2-2. The Buffaloes are not a stellar defensive team, so this might bode well for the Buckeye score troops.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

bauserman looks good in practice but game time he is much different. saturday is the only time it counts in our minds. let miller grow from his mistakes and coach him up.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

91blue14 wrote:bauserman looks good in practice but game time he is much different. saturday is the only time it counts in our minds. let miller grow from his mistakes and coach him up.

So Bauserman should be the #1 QB.......for the scout team! 2 straight Saturday performance like that and he should be fooling nobody!
Someone please email Fickell and tell him that Mon-Friday performances dont count if they suck it up on gameday!

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

no he shouldnt be the guy.he looks like a million bucks in practice :mrgreen:

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I agree with Dub I'm not that confident with Miller from what I've seen and heard so far, but what else do we got right now,like I said earlier wished they wouldn't have redshirted Graham but that was before TP did his disappearing act I think so i don't blame them,still ,Miller has not had much time and is young so that's why they need to get him out there now to see if he can catch on.All the really good quarterbacks have gotten pretty good by the end of their first year playing so we should know by the end of the year whether he can live up to all the hype,, that's if Fick ever gets him out there. I have a good feeling OSU will win this one for some reason, but it might not be pretty

Return to “College Sports”