Kentucky 64 - UConn 61 - John Wall Is The Real Deal

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Kentucky 64 - UConn 61 - John Wall Is The Real Deal

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

As a Kentucky fan I couldn't be happier with the play of John Wall so far this season. He is everything they said he was and more. He has been very smooth and very dependable when called upon.

Tonight he took UK on his shoulders in the 2nd half and help lead them to a big win over a good UConn club. 25 points total, and 19 in the 2nd half when they fell behind and needed a big boost, for Wall. Cousins, Patterson, Bledsoe, Harris, Orton and evryone else who played helped with the big win.

They do need to try and fix that lull they seem to have after jumping out to big leads. They let UNC back in the game after they were down 19 and let UConn back in after being down 12-0 they outscored UK 29-11 to take a 29-23 lead at the half.

Cats are for real this year!!! 9-0 baby!!

GO BIG BLUE!!!

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Re: Kentucky 64 - UConn 61 - John Wall Is The Real Deal

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

Enjoy him and Cousin for their 1 year of college. John Wall is everything he was hyped up to be. Wish he would have took the trek down to Durham.

GO DUKE!

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

Cousin better stay is he knows what is best for him.He shows flashes of being good but its just not there yet.On the other hand john wall could leave now and make an impact.Like I said JOHN WALL PLAYER OF THE YEAR.

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

We can't come to a halt that he allready has player of the year bagged up. The year will tell. And Cousins has the body to go and when the $ Bills flash he will go

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

Way to get the 'W' Cats!

John Wall....enough said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9t0nzbI9AU

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Go Duke!!!! :122245 :122245 :122245

This is the first year in a long time my buddies that are UK fans even want to talk basketball.I agree they are a talented group but like Calapari said on PTI..They could very easily be 4-5 or 5-4.I see them being a sweet 16 team but I see teams out there right now that UK will struggle with.I hope Duke and UK play in March..It is always fun around here for me when they match up.

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

beaverlover wrote:Go Duke!!!! :122245 :122245 :122245

This is the first year in a long time my buddies that are UK fans even want to talk basketball.I agree they are a talented group but like Calapari said on PTI..They could very easily be 4-5 or 5-4.I see them being a sweet 16 team but I see teams out there right now that UK will struggle with.I hope Duke and UK play in March..It is always fun around here for me when they match up.

The fact is this is a young team so you better catch them early cause UK will only get better as the year continues

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

Great game... thought UConn would pull the upset, but John Wall is your number one pick for the upcoming draft, I think the only thing that is a concern is giving up leads but that can certainly be fixed and I don't know about you guys but I think Wall is better than rose when rose was a freshman

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Wall is by far the real deal and has UK in the right direction. As a big UK bball fan I'm glad to see them able to compete and win in big games. I haven't been this thrilled since the pitino days lol
people can say what they want and try to down uk, but this group of very you g players are progressing each and every game and I think it's very noticeable. This team is alot better than the team that opened the season. As already mentioned, this team will continue to grow and get better. By march no one will want to have to play this kentucky team
as for John wall, turn on espn and watch the highlights and draw your own conclusions lol. He is dominate and in control when he is on the floor and takes control when needed.

This Kentucky team may have been 4-5 or what not and gave up large leads to unc and uconn, but the fact is they took care of business, won games and had the ability and poise to hold of the strong comebacks and win these ball games

GO CATS!!

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

WALL=AMAZING!

GO CATS! 9-0 BABY!

kentuckyfan11
Waterboy

Post by kentuckyfan11 »

Cousins better stay

iwearblacknikes
S

Lebron even said Wall would be 1st round draft pick. I hope he doesn't listen and stays all 4 years

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

iwearblacknikes wrote:Lebron even said Wall would be 1st round draft pick. I hope he doesn't listen and stays all 4 years

I don't see that happening. I look for him to be one and done. I really think they should make the basketball players stay at least until after their sophmore year before they can be eligible for the draft and not just becuase of John Wall. It is happening way to much in college anymore where a kid signs a scholarship, plays one year, and then jumps to the NBA. Doesn't the NFL make the football players wait until after their sophmore year? I think the NBA should do the same. Just think how good Ohio State could have been if players couldn't leave after their freshman year.

iwearblacknikes
S

If I had to make a prediciton on what will happen I would go with... if they don't win the national title this year, he will stay until they do. Kentucky has a pretty good shot if all the players decide to play until they win it all.

Trojan Explosion
Freshman Team

Post by Trojan Explosion »

i'm not even a uk fan but the excitement wall brings makes want to watch
their games every chance i can.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Puke wants no part of this years Cats.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

ManitouDan wrote:Puke wants no part of this years Cats.

UK is tough this year..I give you that but I seriously doubt Coach K and the BlueDevils fear anyone.They have the talent to matchup with anyone including the "almighty Cats".I think Kansas is the best team in the country.I hope Duke and UK meet up in March.It is always fun when they do.

Return to “College Sports”