The Evil Side Of NIL Or More Power To The Players ✊!

Omega
SEOPS H

The Evil Side Of NIL Or More Power To The Players ✊!

Post by Omega »

It appears that Jordan Addison , Pitt's 2022 Biletnikoff Award winner, has offered his playing services to whatever school that offers the highest payment for use of his Name, Image or likeness. Apparently Southern Cal. is the highest bidder if Addison does in fact transfer.

https://brobible.com/sports/article/jor ... -kentucky/

There is really no NCAA rules governing this as long as the university acts at an arm's length distance in the transaction.

No one can argue college athletes deserve NIL reimbursement, especially after decades of indentured servitude. Yet some questions arise:

Is this open cash bidding for player services during initial recruiting or transfer opportunities an unintended consequence, or given our capitalism based society, players have every right to maximize their economic well being?

Will open cash bidding for player services during initial recruiting or transfer opportunities cause a shift in the current CFB competitive power structure? Schools like USC and Texas rising to the top because of wealthy donors?

While Ohio State appears to have the resources to be a big player in the NIL wars, will they have the will to drop all pretense to the concept of "student athlete"?

What are your thoughts?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
PTrojan59
S

Re: The Evil Side Of NIL Or More Power To The Players ✊!

Post by PTrojan59 »

I understand being able to profit from NIL but to openly be able to transfer somewhere that offers you the most NIL money to the point there is a bidding war is crazy to me. Basically the NCAA allowing them to do what they tried so hard to prevent for all those years. I think they need to think about some type of alternative/rule/waiver or whatever to prevent this. Same thing happened with Ohio State basketball. Nijel Pack chose Miami FL over Ohio State. They offered 800k and a new Porsche. I don’t like it, I think it’s hurting college athletics.

Who Dey!
Black Panther
SEO

Re: The Evil Side Of NIL Or More Power To The Players ✊!

Post by Black Panther »

Pitt apparently matched the offer.

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland

Return to “College Sports”