Kelly takes shot at OSU

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Kelly takes shot at OSU

Post by Raiderball »

http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs.cbs ... 8/31925250

Didn't see this posted unless it's on another thread. Just throwing it out there for discussion. ;-)

blue53
All State

Re: Kelly takes shot at OSU

Post by blue53 »

Kelly should be worried about bettering his own team. It's kind of inmature for a coach to be crying about his schedule
and comparing it to others. Toledo has knocked off some pretty good big ten teams in the recent past. Akron??? not much
you can say about that. Maybe he should talk to his AD and get ball state or some other ""easy "" team for him to play in the
beginning of the season. Maybe he still has a bitter taste in his mouth when he was in Cincinnati and had to be second fidle
to The Ohio State University.

FlyingBuckeye3
Riding the Bench

Post by FlyingBuckeye3 »

That last paragraph pretty much sums it all up. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see where South Florida is considered part of a tough schedule. I think Toledo is just as tough of an opponent as South Florida would be. One thing about an easier beginning schedule is it keeps you in the BCS hunt. Even if Notre Dame won out, I'd be shocked if they had a BCS bid. OSU is still BCS eligible though, even though they have only beaten Toledo and Akron. How many kids are going to want to attend a school that is 2-9 or so, even if their 9 losses came against top 50 opponents. The school that goes 11-0 and ends up in a BCS bowl game is going to look more appealing even if they beat Appalachian State and Wright State. To me, you must tailor your schedule to draw in better athletes and bigger crowds. Let Kelly take all the shots he wants, see who ends up higher in the polls.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Crying in the Suds Raiderball :) They should be 2-0 but they blew it. How would Coach Kelly like to be Mark Richt? The seat was so hot he had to stand to take to take a dump and had to open with Boise and South Carolina with the rest of the SEC schedule in front of him? darn :lol: But his buyout will be lucrative so I dont feel bad for him....BTW....CAM threw for 422 in his debut in the show :lol: Wonder how that "bothers" OSU Homers and SEC bashers on this board? :)

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Kelley should worry about ND and their 5 turnovers per game, after he fixes that and stops losing, maybe then he can worry about other teams schedules!

As for the Newton stat, I think he faced better pass defenses last year in college!
If first game great stats were true indicators, Akili Smith would be a future HOFer!

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

General this had nothing to do with the SEC. But if you want to talk about Mark Richt then you probably should be talking about all the coaching mistakes he will make in games that prevents his teams from winning. That is why he is on the hot seat for losing games for years not just the 2 this year. His teams play a lot like ND is this year. Both do not play a full game. They look good then make to many mistakes.

As for Cam Dubs made a good statement on that. It is just 1 game.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Ooops he must have forgot to look at his own schedule,not exactly a who's who of current football powers,cmon maybe possibly three decent teams on there I see Mich State,South Florida and Stanford did I miss any? Comparing Michigan to a Football power right now is just hilarious,a lot of high schools have better defenses than both these teams after that debacle they showed on Saturday night

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

My Dad (God bless his soul, gone twenty five years now) always told me the old saying "If your in a hole, stop digging." I actually think Kelly will do something at ND but he needs to shut up and keep working.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Thanks for setting The General straight Farmer. You too Dubs. :)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

dazed&confused wrote:My Dad (God bless his soul, gone twenty five years now) always told me the old saying "If your in a hole, stop digging." I actually think Kelly will do something at ND but he needs to shut up and keep working.
------------dazed , my pops told me the very same thing.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

He knew what the schedule was like when he accepted the job.

Good to hear from you again General. Welcome back.
If Cam keeps playing like that look for the Panthers to make a play off run this year.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

What makes this even more preposterous is Toledo beat Michigan not so long ago and he used to coach a MAC team and slaps the league in the face with a remark like that,I would not want that guy in a foxhole with me

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

South Florida, Michigan, Michigan St., Pitt, Purdue, Air Force, USC, Navy, Wake Forest, Maryland, Boston College, Stanford

Akron, Toledo, Miami, Colorado, Michigan St., Nebraska, Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Purdue, Penn St., Michigan

So Michigan, Mich St., Purdue are all a wash.

Current rankings, Stanford 6th, Wisconsin 7th, Nebraska 11th, South Florida 20th,

USC, Maryland and Penn St. received votes on the AP poll as well.

So, they faced a top 25 team, ranked right now against South Florida, and not another until the last week of the year, not counting Mich St whom Ohio St plays 1 game after them. Ohio St goes to Nebraska the 6th game of the year.

Kelly was an average coach with an average team in an unaverage league while at Cincy!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Kelly is more than average Coach! He has accomplished more in the business than 95% of all college coaches.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

Kelly will make himself an average coach if he doesn't get his ballclub squared away.

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

Pol Pot wrote:Kelly is more than average Coach! He has accomplished more in the business than 95% of all college coaches.

Kelly shouldn't even be in the business after last year.

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

FlyingBuckeye3 wrote:That last paragraph pretty much sums it all up. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see where South Florida is considered part of a tough schedule. I think Toledo is just as tough of an opponent as South Florida would be. One thing about an easier beginning schedule is it keeps you in the BCS hunt. Even if Notre Dame won out, I'd be shocked if they had a BCS bid. OSU is still BCS eligible though, even though they have only beaten Toledo and Akron. How many kids are going to want to attend a school that is 2-9 or so, even if their 9 losses came against top 50 opponents. The school that goes 11-0 and ends up in a BCS bowl game is going to look more appealing even if they beat Appalachian State and Wright State. To me, you must tailor your schedule to draw in better athletes and bigger crowds. Let Kelly take all the shots he wants, see who ends up higher in the polls.

Completely wrong on Toledo being a comparable opponent to South Florida, not even close.

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

Who?

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

You Ohio State fans are funny....IF you would take off the scarlet and gray glasses for a second...you would see that your schedule is a joke!!!! Anywhere other than Columbus and the state of Ohio....EVERYBODY makes fun of your schedule!!!!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Well I just took mine off and noticed O-States schedule is ranked 18th in the country while Notre Dames is 39th :lol:

http://www.teamrankings.com/college-foo ... le-by-team

Return to “College Sports”