It's ❌️ichigan Week

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: It's ❌️ichigan Week

Post by Bleeding Red »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:24 am
Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:41 pm
Omega wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:26 pm

To the Victors belong the spoils. Michigan has established themselves as the dominant program in the Big 10 with Ohio State and Penn State a distant second. Football like life, runs in cycles. Michigan owned the 80's and 90's. Ohio State the 00's and 10's. It appears it is now Michigan's turn to dominate.
You've won 4 times in 20 years. Slow your roll.

All the bad mouthing of OSU that you do makes sense now.
2 wins in a row is far from dominating the conference for 2 decades.
And you've won zero times with any significant contributors on your current roster. Sit down and eat your crow.
Thanks to the liberals at UM shytting down there legs and canceling The Game in 2020. I would have too considering how that 2020 UM team looked.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Omega wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:20 pm
Omega wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:26 pm

To the Victors belong the spoils. Michigan has established themselves as the dominant program in the Big 10 with Ohio State and Penn State a distant second. Football like life, runs in cycles. Michigan owned the 80's and 90's. Ohio State the 00's and 10's. It appears it is now Michigan's turn to dominate.

I think I have gone out my way to try an be positive about the Bucks this season. Yet I think we all started to see cracks in the OSU narrative starting with Iowa. For whatever reason, the Bucks seemed to tread water at best instead of improving. We were just shy to admit it.
That said, Ohio St still is a top ten team despite the loss and another 11 or 12 win season is to be celebrated. You are also correct that 2 games does not make for a decade long trend, but it is hard not to see Michigan's program being ascendant in that direction. History does not repeat but it certainly rhymes.

Red, I assume you were at the game. On tv, the OSU possession that resulted in a 1st and 35 (head butt and holding?) seemed to be the turning point. Is that a reasonable assumption?
I was at the game. The turning points were:

3 OSU dropped passes that killed drives in the first half taking points off the board that would have put Michigan in an insurmountable deficit.

The multiple false start penalties by the 2 "all american" tackles that killed drives.

Not going for it on 4th and short at mid field when UM could not run the ball in the first half.

The biggest being the play you mentioned. That play was a big hit that ended up being a 65 yard penalty after the yardage came back and the personal foul was added on. No discipline. Which is squarely on Day.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:50 am
Thanks BR. Being at the game gives you different points of reference than do the tv talking heads. Thanks again for sharing.

And you've won zero times with any significant contributors on your current roster. Sit down and eat your crow.
Thanks to the liberals at UM shytting down there legs and canceling The Game in 2020. I would have too considering how that 2020 UM team looked.
Ooops, double tap on my end.
Last edited by Omega on Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Again. Excuses, excuses, excuses. Ryan Day is an overrated coach. Jim Harbaugh is his adoptive daddy now. Born on third base, got picked off last time, then got struck out in front of his home crowd. You can bet your a$$ I'm going to stir the pot and run my mouth. Growing up in SE Ohio, all you hear is how great the poison seeds are and that "well we owned you guys in the 2000s"

Guess what, BUCKO? Jim Tressel and Coach Strip Club aren't walking through the door of that penitentiary pretending to be a university. Your daddy's back. Accept it and assume the position, because there's a whole lot more where yesterday came from. THE DON. 85 YARDS THROUGH THE HEART OF OHIO! TOUCHHHHHHDOWNNNNNNNN MICHIGANNNNNNNNNNN

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Not that it would have mattered in this game, but does anyone know why Dallan Hayden didn't get more carries in this game? I never even heard of Chip Tracranyum or whatever his name was until yesterday.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

cbolt wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:52 am Not that it would have mattered in this game, but does anyone know why Dallan Hayden didn't get more carries in this game? I never even heard of Chip Tracranyum or whatever his name was until yesterday.
Only Ryan Day knows, but Trayanum, a transfer from Arizona St, did carry the ball 14 times for 83 yards. A pretty decent 5.9 average. As to Hayden, and the rest of the running back room, their handling and performance has been a mystery all season.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

The Dispatch had an interesting article I didn't know until today. It was revealed The Bucks were going to do a fake punt late in the 3rd quarter when they were only down 24-20. The play probably would have went for a touchdown or close to it as the whole left side of the field was vacant of Wolverine defenders except one who Eichenberg was supposed to block and the snap was supposed to go to Mitch Rossi who was lined up on the right side. The snapper was confused and snapped it to the punter instead who was clearly caught off guard and barely got the punt off. That could have been a huge momentum shift. Probably would have been just temporary though as ttun was dominating the los. Interestingly Day wouldn't admit that was a fake punt in his presser afterwards only saying he thought it was the right thing to do getting field position.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:44 pm

Again. Excuses, excuses, excuses. Ryan Day is an overrated coach. Jim Harbaugh is his adoptive daddy now. Born on third base, got picked off last time, then got struck out in front of his home crowd. You can bet your a$$ I'm going to stir the pot and run my mouth. Growing up in SE Ohio, all you hear is how great the poison seeds are and that "well we owned you guys in the 2000s"

Guess what, BUCKO? Jim Tressel and Coach Strip Club aren't walking through the door of that penitentiary pretending to be a university. Your daddy's back. Accept it and assume the position, because there's a whole lot more where yesterday came from. THE DON. 85 YARDS THROUGH THE HEART OF OHIO! TOUCHHHHHHDOWNNNNNNNN MICHIGANNNNNNNNNNN
316530997_4251856078373279_7537349784454884070_n.jpg

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:25 pm
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:44 pm

316530997_4251856078373279_7537349784454884070_n.jpg
Yawn. All time series lead, won the last two, soon to be back to back big ten champs. Possibly national champs. 10000000% going to stomp the team down south next year too. Besides. All I've heard from you buck slappies is how Ryan Day is the best offensive mind in CFB, an outstanding recruiter, and totally not a product of Urban Meyer's success. Well. It's been four years since Urban left. In that time, Michigan has totally taken control of the rivalry. Harbaugh had to rebuild a dumpster fire. Day got handed the keys to a Maserati and has lost most of the big games he's coached. By all means, hire Coach Third Base to a lifetime contract. I could get used to Michigan curb stomping the team down south and shutting their dumbass fans up for a decade or two.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

316965940_5984420684921656_1667561835417532589_n.jpg

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

I have thought this since Myer left and I still do. Once Myer left the recruiting would suffer. Myer can recruit on his name. Myer and was able to get those good 5 star players that are hungry to excel for the NFL. Day can just get the 5 star players that are happy at the college level playing for OSU and thinking they will play on Sundays bc they were on the OSU rooster. And now its starting to show.

AT THE RESERVATION
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

How true.

Return to “College Sports”