It's ❌️ichigan Week

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

It's ❌️ichigan Week

Post by Bleeding Red »

11-0 vs 11-0.
Winner goes to the B1G Cha❌️pionship and presu❌️ably the CFP.

There are several key injuries to keep an eye on during the upco❌️ing week:
Blake Coru❌️
❌️iyan Willia❌️s
Trey Hensderson
Any of these injuries could have an effect on THE GA❌️E.

I❌️O, Henderson needs to be on the bench for tOSU. Hayden runs north and south and looked great against ❌️aryland. But tOSU definitely needs Willia❌️s back healthy for this one.

Will JSN give it a go? Or is the offense better without JSN at this point?

Go Bucks!

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: It's ❌️ichigan Week

Post by Omega »

Two undefeated teams. Conference championship and playoff berths on the line. This is what Big 10 football in November is all about.

Both teams struggled yesterday. Looking ahead? Flaws exposed? Injuries mounting?

Michigan's game plan is the template to beat Ohio State. Dominate both lines of scrimmage. Eat clock behind a powerful running game. Keep pressure on Stroud, and do not let State's receivers get off the line of scrimmage uncontested. UM quarterback JJ McCarthy may be the X factor if RB Blake Corum is not 100%. McCarthy is a dual threat QB, the type that has given OSU fits in the past. Throw in the nation's best placekicker, and Michigan has the ingredients to beat the Bucks via manball or toughness.

Conversely, Ohio State has the ability to beat UM through big plays on both sides of the ball. QB CJ Stroud and receivers Harrison, Egbuka, and Stover can score quickly if given time to let plays develop. The Ohio State defense while not lockdown, is capable of big plays that change the momentum of a game. The unanswered question is can the Bucks consistently run the ball in short yardage situations. Simply said, is OSU's offensive line tough enough to move Michigan off the line of scrimmage?

Unknown factors for Ohio State are injuries. CJ Stroud was banged up against Maryland and OL Matt Jones left the game with a leg injury. OSU running back room may be down to frosh Dallan Hayden starting.

The X factor for State may be what kind of game will Ryan Day call. All season, Day seemed to be uncertain about OSU's offensive identity. Pass first? Run first? Balance? To me that has kept the Bucks from being truly effective, especially during the first half of games.

Ohio State opens as 7.5 point favorite for the noon kickoff on Fox. It will be must see tv.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

The Ohio State!!!

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:23 am 11-0 vs 11-0.
Winner goes to the B1G Cha❌️pionship and presu❌️ably the CFP.

There are several key injuries to keep an eye on during the upco❌️ing week:
Blake Coru❌️
❌️iyan Willia❌️s
Trey Hensderson
Any of these injuries could have an effect on THE GA❌️E.

I❌️O, Henderson needs to be on the bench for tOSU. Hayden runs north and south and looked great against ❌️aryland. But tOSU definitely needs Willia❌️s back healthy for this one.

Will JSN give it a go? Or is the offense better without JSN at this point?

Go Bucks!
I said earlier in the year they didn't need him red. Them receivers can all run they just need someone getting them the ball. Harrison Jr. is pretty special but we've come to expect that with Hartline in the mix recruiting and developing

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Tale of the tape. Two well matched teams. The stats support the narrative for each team.

Offense:
Scoring: OSU #1 (tied with Tenn, 46.5 ppg),
UM: #9 (39.4 ppg)

Rushing: OSU #20 (203.55 yards per game),
UM: #4 (243.82 ypg)

Passing: OSU #17 (289.2 ypg),
UM: #99 (208.8 ypg)

Total Offense: OSU #8 (492.7 ypg),
UM: #23 (452.6 ypg)

Yards per play : OSU #1 (7.3 pp)
UM #21 (6.3 pp)

Sacks allowed: OSU #2 (.64/game),
UM: #15 (1.09/game)

TFLs allowed: OSU #6 (3.73/game),
UM: #32 (4.55/game)

3rd down conv: OSU #15 (47.83%),
UM: #18 (46.90%)

4th down conv: OSU #6 (75%),
UM: #1 (87.5%)

Red zone conv: OSU #2 (96.3%, TDs: #2, 79.63%),
UM: #8 (93.22%, TDs: #59, 64.41%)

Defense
Scoring: OSU #10 (16.9 ppg),
UM: #2 (11.7 ppg)

Rushing: OSU #15 (107.91),
UM: #2 (79.55)

Passing: OSU #11 (175.5),
UM: #5 (161.7)

Total Defense: OSU #9 (283.4),
UM: #1 (241.3)

Yards per play allowed: OSU #5 (4.3 pp)
UM #1 (3.9)

Sacks per game: OSU #19 (2.82),
UM: #19 (2.82)

TFLs: OSU #18 (7),
UM: 77 (5.46)

3rd down conv: OSU #11 (29.19%),
UM: #14 (30.41%)

4th down conv: OSU #11 (33.33%),
UM: #8 (30.77%)

Red zone conv: OSU #117 (90.91%, TDs # 62, 59.09%),
UM: #35 (78.95%, TDs #15, 47.37%)

Penalties: OSU #42 (5.5 per game),
UM #6 (4.1 per game)

Penalty yardage: OSU #41 (46.3 ypg),
UM #6 (33.2 ypg)

Turnover margin: OSU #9 (.82),
UM #32 (.45)

TOP: OSU #51 (30:29.09),
UM #3 (35:06.27)

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

OSU has announced that RB TreVeyon Henderson and WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba are unavailable to play in the game. OL Matt Jones is listed as game time decision.

The discussion surrounding The Game has centered around the health of Michigan RB Blake Corum who was injured last week against Illinois. Although everyone expects him to play, his effectiveness is in doubt.

Although pundits have swung to favoring the Buckeyes as the week progressed, I have no idea how the contest will play out.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... e-decision

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

According to reports...

Corum will see limited touches.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Hail to the Victors! Michigan 45-23.

Michigan had total dominance in the second half. They outscored OSU 28-3 in the final quarters.

Without their star running back, Michigan once again dominated both lines of scrimmage along with having all star performances from JJ McCarthy and Donavan Edwards in the second half

Harbaugh and his assistants made adjustments and Day and company did not. Throw in lack of discipline by the Buckeyes and you have the ingredients for a beat down.

The embarrassing loss knocks OSU out of the Big 10 championship and any chance of the playoffs. That and Stroud likely played himself out of Heisman contention.

Going forward, Ryan Day is going to have reexamine his coaching and recruiting philosophy.

Ohio State is still a good football team, but defense always has and always will be necessary to win championships.

GAHS7481
Waterboy

Post by GAHS7481 »

Agree our defensive backs are terrible. Just a complete embarrassment to the state of Ohio

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Just one thing to say….GO BLUE!!!

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

YEAH BABY............GO BLUE............... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .............................

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

9.5 INCHES wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:57 pm YEAH BABY............GO BLUE............... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .............................
To the Victors belong the spoils. Michigan has established themselves as the dominant program in the Big 10 with Ohio State and Penn State a distant second. Football like life, runs in cycles. Michigan owned the 80's and 90's. Ohio State the 00's and 10's. It appears it is now Michigan's turn to dominate.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I'll give them a HAIL and respect. LOL. Poopigan played smart and tough. Deep balls killed OSU's pass D. #2 wasn't full go or Poopigan would have ran the ball more.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Omega wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:26 pm
9.5 INCHES wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:57 pm YEAH BABY............GO BLUE............... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .............................
To the Victors belong the spoils. Michigan has established themselves as the dominant program in the Big 10 with Ohio State and Penn State a distant second. Football like life, runs in cycles. Michigan owned the 80's and 90's. Ohio State the 00's and 10's. It appears it is now Michigan's turn to dominate.
You've won 4 times in 20 years. Slow your roll.

All the bad mouthing of OSU that you do makes sense now.
2 wins in a row is far from dominating the conference for 2 decades.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Michigan just has more talent now in the interior compared to OSU.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Aardvarks were just the better team the past 2 years. Deal with it....

I put up with this sh*t with Gator fans year in/year out. Noles won this year and the bragging has begun.

As a song from the 80s goes...Life is Life

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:41 pm

I think I have gone out my way to try an be positive about the Bucks this season. Yet I think we all started to see cracks in the OSU narrative starting with Iowa. For whatever reason, the Bucks seemed to tread water at best instead of improving. We were just shy to admit it.
That said, Ohio St still is a top ten team despite the loss and another 11 or 12 win season is to be celebrated. You are also correct that 2 games does not make for a decade long trend, but it is hard not to see Michigan's program being ascendant in that direction. History does not repeat but it certainly rhymes.

Red, I assume you were at the game. On tv, the OSU possession that resulted in a 1st and 35 (head butt and holding?) seemed to be the turning point. Is that a reasonable assumption?

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Omega wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:20 pm

I think I have gone out my way to try an be positive about the Bucks this season. Yet I think we all started to see cracks in the OSU narrative starting with Iowa. For whatever reason, the Bucks seemed to tread water at best instead of improving. We were just shy to admit it.
That said, Ohio St still is a top ten team despite the loss and another 11 or 12 win season is to be celebrated. You are also correct that 2 games does not make for a decade long trend, but it is hard not to see Michigan's program being ascendant in that direction. History does not repeat but it certainly rhymes.

Red, I assume you were at the game. On tv, the OSU possession that resulted in a 1st and 35 (head butt and holding?) seemed to be the turning point. Is that a reasonable assumption?
Hear, hear..Omega

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

So. As a recap. Michigan is the superior program. Jim Harbaugh is the superior coach. Ryan Day was born on third base and thought he hit a triple. He ran his mouth, then his daddy smacked him up on national TV, back to back years. Since the "hang a hundred on them" comment, Michigan has physically dominated the team down south. 42-27 was nice, but 45-23 is a whole lot nicer.

The team down south hasn't beat Michigan in that toilet bowl they call a stadium since 2018 and they haven't beat Michigan at all since 2019. How many players on the team down south have ever actually been a part of a team that beat Michigan? The third string punter? Second string long snapper?

Sure feels good to hear the sound of silence, sweet, sweet silence from that team's fans.

All year long, it was excuse after excuse after excuse. The snow (Stroud completed 70% of his passes and threw for 400 with no turnovers in 2021) the flu (again, Stroud played near perfect football in that game) it was just a perfect storm of Michigan having "lots of talent leave to the NFL" (they do that every year. They've had at least one player taken in every NFL draft for as long as any of us have been alive.) or my personal favorite "well we still controlled the 2000s" ...okay. Michigan controlled the entire rivalry. "Oh you're just bringing up the past! We're talking about here and now!"

And then that cycle repeats, Buck fans piss themselves and foam and the mouth, and I get to laugh and taste that sweet, sweet victory pie.

Enjoy it. Know your place. Daddy is back on top of the Big Ten and he's not going anywhere. 1092 days since the team down south beat Michigan in football.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

And you've won zero times with any significant contributors on your current roster. Sit down and eat your crow.

Return to “College Sports”