Tanner Holden Wins Game For Buckeyes With 3 Point Buzzer Beater

Post by Omega »

The Burg is the word!

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
mhs95_06
S

Re: Tanner Holden Wins Game For Buckeyes With 3 Point Buzzer Beater

Post by mhs95_06 »

Great win for the Buckeyes, but that winning trey should not have counted. He was standing with both feet out of bounds(for reasons unknown to me) for the longest time and the ball handler was waiting as long as he could for Holden to get back inbounds before he passed it to him and ran out of time and threw the ball. When it came into Holden's hands with about 0.5 secs on the clock, his left foot had not yet been established inbounds, so it should have been Rutgers ball on the side with 0.5 sec left and up 2 points.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

mhs95_06 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:15 pm Great win for the Buckeyes, but that winning trey should not have counted. He was standing with both feet out of bounds(for reasons unknown to me) for the longest time and the ball handler was waiting as long as he could for Holden to get back inbounds before he passed it to him and ran out of time and threw the ball. When it came into Holden's hands with about 0.5 secs on the clock, his left foot had not yet been established inbounds, so it should have been Rutgers ball on the side with 0.5 sec left and up 2 points.
You had better get your eyes checked my guy. Both of his feet were definitely in when he shot the ball.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

I agree that by the time he shot, both feet were on the floor, but the key is both feet need to be on the floor before you touch the ball.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

That left foot was really close! Good thing it was a home game.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

That was awesome

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

I read (not sure it’s in the actual rule book) that if a player is forced out he only needs 1 foot in at the time of the pass. Not sure that makes a ton of sense though. However I think Thortons foot was out when he had the ball at one point, I think he may have traveled before the pass, and he was fouled. I’m a huge Buckeye fan, and I think it’s awesome Holden hit the shot for the win. I’ll gladly take it. However with it being a questionable call as to if he stepped out, Thornton stepping out and possibly traveling, and a foul on Rutgers for bumping, that shot should’ve never happened. Lol

Who Dey!
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

PTrojan59 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:46 am I read (not sure it’s in the actual rule book) that if a player is forced out he only needs 1 foot in at the time of the pass. Not sure that makes a ton of sense though. However I think Thortons foot was out when he had the ball at one point, I think he may have traveled before the pass, and he was fouled. I’m a huge Buckeye fan, and I think it’s awesome Holden hit the shot for the win. I’ll gladly take it. However with it being a questionable call as to if he stepped out, Thornton stepping out and possibly traveling, and a foul on Rutgers for bumping, that shot should’ve never happened. Lol
Big 10 reviewed and the goal should not have been allowed:

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I had forgotten the rule where the first player to touch it can't be coming back in bounds. The Bucks got an early Christmas gift! Too bad the player from Burg has his first big moment and it's marred in controversy.

Return to “College Sports”