Clarett back at OSU!!! :)

therepublican
Varsity

Clarett back at OSU!!! :)

Post by therepublican »

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5412090

For all the Buckeye fans..yup your man is back on campus!

fightingtigers45
S

Re: Clarett back at OSU!!! :)

Post by fightingtigers45 »

I love this phrase:

Clarett led the Buckeyes to the 2002 national championship in his only college season.

Im not really a Buckeye fan, but I also know he didnt "lead" them anywhere. Was he their best offensive player? Probably. Did he lead them? No way.

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

fightingtigers45 wrote:I love this phrase:

Clarett led the Buckeyes to the 2002 national championship in his only college season.

Im not really a Buckeye fan, but I also know he didnt "lead" them anywhere. Was he their best offensive player? Probably. Did he lead them? No way.

It would make more sense if it said 'led the offense'. Cause the Defense led that team to a national title.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Yep! ^^

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

He rushed for a bunch of yards in what amounted to just over 8 games,
and he made a key play causing Sean Taylor to fumble an interception, and got the ball back for the Buckeyes
helping to win the title.

But to even say he led the offense is a little much.

Phenominal talent level, but leader in no way, shape, or form.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

agreed svd.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

He won't make a year before he flunks out. He barly had the grades to get into Ohio State, Everyone deserves a second chance and I hope he really try's to turn his life around.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Still......what could have been. He had more talent than any Buckeye running back since Archie. The lights were on but no one was home.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

dazed&confused wrote:Still......what could have been. He had more talent than any Buckeye running back since Archie. The lights were on but no one was home.

You're missing out on a whole bunch of great running back then.

Including one who actually won the Heisman and Produced.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:
dazed&confused wrote:Still......what could have been. He had more talent than any Buckeye running back since Archie. The lights were on but no one was home.

You're missing out on a whole bunch of great running back then.

Including one who actually won the Heisman and Produced.

No,no...you missed what i said. He was the most talented back. Keith Byers was a beast, Eddie George was a great back who overcame early immaturity to excel. But talent? That's a different story. Van Gogh was talented, Picasso produced!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

I'm not willing to put Clarret as the most talented back, and if we are putting him that way,
then put him above Archie as well.

He had potential, but we can only sit and speculate on his actual talent level. Who's to say he hadn't hit his max,
and what we got his freshman year was the best we were going to see from him.

If we're picking up teams and we come to running back, I'm taking a bunch of Buckeye RBs before MoC,
and I'm only basing that assessment on "talent".

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:I'm not willing to put Clarret as the most talented back, and if we are putting him that way,
then put him above Archie as well.

He had potential, but we can only sit and speculate on his actual talent level. Who's to say he hadn't hit his max,
and what we got his freshman year was the best we were going to see from him.

If we're picking up teams and we come to running back, I'm taking a bunch of Buckeye RBs before MoC,
and I'm only basing that assessment on "talent".

I'm not going to get into a p!ssing match over him. I respect your overall opinion too much and I spilled a lot of tears over the Bucks in my childhood. But my eyes don't usually lie to me and I saw him do things that made my chin drop. Don't let your hatred of what he did to theOSU and his overall meltdown color what he did one magical season. The last feature back before him to win a National Championship with OSU was Jim Otis. There have been none since.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

I don't think it's a pee match at all, but I watched him all season, and saw a banged up guy for most of the year,
a guy who showed a bunch of potential, and a guy who when given a shot could make some big plays.

He was a great talent, and it's not like I'm trying to make him into a bum, but there have been many more talented guys.

It's not like he was doing Reggie Bush or Barry Sanders type stuff back there.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

We all know that opinions are like butt holes, and everyone's but mine stinks... :-D

Discussion and controlled debate between fans of a common team is what makes being a fan great.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

OK, we'll leave it at that. Besides, my wife thinks I'm a "popular term for a draft animal" and she just smacked me over the head. Reality check!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

My wife is in the other room, she doesn't even bother trying to make since of me anymore when it comes to this stuff.

Only took 8 years to get it that way too!

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

I only hope that he is attending school with the true intentions of getting his degree. I can only imagine the drama and unneeded attention that OSU can receive if he starts telling stories. An ex-convict is bad enough....let alone a combination of an ex-player and convicted felon that has ill feelings toward the school. Next we will see Rev. Jackson, Alfred "Al" Sharpton or Jim Brown on the news lobbying for him to be re-instated as a college athlete. You know the media hounds will take full advantage of any publicity that they can get.

"After being released from his scholarship at Ohio State nearly six years ago, Clarett did everything in his power to take Tressel down with him. He even accused the OSU Head Coach, and his brother Dick Tressel, of committing major NCAA violations involving boosters, car dealerships and fixed grades." http://www.the-ozone.net/football/2010/ ... ressel.htm

As far as MoC being the most talented back........that is a stretch. He had talent but lacked the common sense, morals and values to be great. We can only speculate and guess what he could have achieved. In my opinion, he doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence with or in comparison to Archie Griffin, Eddie George or Keith Byers.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

^^^^^ OK, I agree with you that he was far from great in the career sense of the word but while he was on the field, he exhibited what I can only call "football feel". He just made great moves and seemed to know what was going to happen ahead of him on plays before it did. He had great vision and seemed to account for every defensive player on the field. Let me use an anology; TO is talented but I wouldn't want him on my team (sorry Bengals fans).

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I dont think the university should have let him in. The only reason I would think this happened is to keep Clarett's mouth shut in case he did have info to use against the school and football program.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Good for Clarrett. I hope he finishes his degree and becomes a productive member of society. Many people who have gone where he has, certainly do not.

Return to “College Sports”