The MUCH Too Early Top 5 College Football List

alabama mike
SE

The MUCH Too Early Top 5 College Football List

Post by alabama mike »

What ya got? In no particular order for me, here are my top 5 teams when the dust settles.

Georgia-can Kirby pull a 3 peat?
Ohio St.- can Day make the championship game?
Alabama- can Saban find a QB to replace Young?
Michigan- can Harbaugh beat OSU again?
Penn St/LSU tie- can Franklin get the monkey off his back? Can Kelly win the SEC west?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: The MUCH Too Early Top 5 College Football List

Post by Bleeding Red »

Georgia will again have a stout defense and aggressive running game. They are on top until someone knocks them off.

tOSU will depend on QB play. Long gone is Stroud, who was remarkable vs Georgia last year, and were one FG away from quite possibly winning the NC game. Look for tOSU's defense to be even better than last year. Weapons all over the field....Harrison Jr, Eubuka, Fleming, Williams, Henderson......but can McCord/Brown run the offense efficiently and get the ball in space to the playmakers?

Bama is Bama. But Bryce Young will be hard to replace and defensively, they had lots of issues last year.

TTUN- coin flip, but I think their smooth ride is over. I expect them to be 9-3 or at best 10-2.

Penn St has lacked the QB play to contend, but they have one of the best (and young) RB's in the B1G. They will somehow find a way to finish 8-4 or at best 9-3.

Not sure about LSU.

But overall its hard to argue your top 5 Bama Mike. I would throw USC in there at #4 and move TTUN down to #5 with PSU/LSU further down in the top 10.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

ttt

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

I like your Top 5. All Valid Reasons as well.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Everyone is so quick to discredit THE University of Michigan like they didn't just drop their nuts all over THE other team on US 23, on their home field. Michigan returns close to 85% of their production and their rival travels to Ann Arbor this Thanksgiving weekend. THE University of Michigan will run THE table again this year and probably finish THE season either 14-1 or 15-0. And yes, this is calling you out @Bleeding Red

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:46 pm Everyone is so quick to discredit THE University of Michigan like they didn't just drop their nuts all over THE other team on US 23, on their home field. Michigan returns close to 85% of their production and their rival travels to Ann Arbor this Thanksgiving weekend. THE University of Michigan will run THE table again this year and probably finish THE season either 14-1 or 15-0. And yes, this is calling you out @Bleeding Red
I agree. Bichigan will wear down Ohio State again. This series is full of streaks and I believe it is Ann Arbor's turn to have a streak. If they stay healthy....who knows.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

OHHS old timer wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:20 pm
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:46 pm Everyone is so quick to discredit THE University of Michigan like they didn't just drop their nuts all over THE other team on US 23, on their home field. Michigan returns close to 85% of their production and their rival travels to Ann Arbor this Thanksgiving weekend. THE University of Michigan will run THE table again this year and probably finish THE season either 14-1 or 15-0. And yes, this is calling you out @Bleeding Red
I agree. Bichigan will wear down Ohio State again. This series is full of streaks and I believe it is Ann Arbor's turn to have a streak. If they stay healthy....who knows.
My generation pretty much only knows about Tressel and Meyer until recently. It's the generation before me that remembers Michigan winning 14 or 15 out of 20 from the 80s until the year 2000

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Coaches at THE University of Michigan and...... we'll call it Columbus. Are held to a very high standard. Harbaugh has basically a 75% win percentage at Michigan and in the NFL. Yet Michigan fans were wanting him fired because he couldn't beat the team down south. Same deal is now going on in Columbus. Day is an excellent offensive mind and recruiter and would be the top prospect at any college or NFL coaching vacancy, should one open up. But he's 100% on the hot seat if he loses to Michigan this year, if he even keeps his job after that loss (assuming it does in fact happen. As of right now, I'm about 60-65% sure Michigan wins.) And that's on the hot seat, despite having a win percentage that's higher than just about any active FBS coach other than maybe Kirby Smart or Nick Saban. But it's because he has as many losses to Michigan as the three (two full time) head coaches who preceded him.

Return to “College Sports”