#3 Boise St. vs #10 VA Tech

bigtimehitter
All Conference

#3 Boise St. vs #10 VA Tech

Post by bigtimehitter »

Can't believe this isn't a topic yet. Whats the predictions?

I say Ryan Williams n the running game is too much for the Broncos, and Taylor will make sum plays downfield.

VA Tech- 34
Boise St- 27

mohawkbaseball#1
All Conference

Re: #3 Boise St. vs #10 VA Tech

Post by mohawkbaseball#1 »

should be a good game but any team that is coming out to enter sandman has my vote

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I think Buckeye fans should root for VT as a win here could put Boise in the BCS title game. I'd rather have two openings available instead of one.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

Boise dominating the LOS

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Boise opened up a 17-0 lead only to see VT come back and a 30-26 lead in the 4th and then BS comes from behind in the final minute and hold on for the 33-30 win. I was really hoping to see VT take them down since it would be better for tOSU since BS will probably go undefeated again with that weak schedule have left.

Great game though that came right down to VT final play and a dropped ball.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

What a game Boise is so gutsy man glad they pulled that one out at the end

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

dazed&confused wrote:I think Buckeye fans should root for VT as a win here could put Boise in the BCS title game. I'd rather have two openings available instead of one.
The Buckeyes control their own destiny, they go undefeated then they're in the BCS Championship, doesnt matter if Boise goes and blows the rest of their schedule out of the water, they should do that. I mean my gosh, the play in the WAC :roll:

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

If the Buckeyes go undefeated then they'll be in.
If an SEC or Big 12 team also goes undefeated, they'll be in.
If the SEC champ has one loss, they'll get in over Boise.
If Texas has one loss they'll get in over Boise.

Boise proved nothing last night, except that they deserve to be in the top 15
in the polls. They are a very good team, but not great, and not a team that
would work in a BCS conference, the way they do in the WAC.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Well played by Boise, but if they played a team like the Buckeyes or Bama it would be ugly for Boise.

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

Rebels on 3 wrote:Well played by Boise, but if they played a team like the Buckeyes or Bama it would be ugly for Boise.
How can you say that? I'm a non-fan of Boise as much as anyone, but you have to give them the credit that they are due. They have consistently beaten top 10 ranked football teams. I would like to see them in a bigger conference so they are tested throughout the year, not just in week one. Virginia Tech is no pushover either, year in and year out one of the top programs in college football, and Boise, at points in the game, dominated them. And in my opinion just earned themselves a bid in the National Championship game come January.

Another thing that makes this impressive to me. You could say that 2 years ago, they caught Oklahoma by surprise. Well, they are no longer a surprise team in the college football world. You know that Virginia Tech and Coach Beemer were not over-looking them in the least. They were just the flat out better football team on that night.

And as far as them playing Bama or Ohio State, they both better worry about making it through the season and the games ahead of them , instead of looking at Boise at an easy National Championship opponent. And what about Florida, Texas, etc...just because Alabama and Ohio State are ahead of them in the PRE-SEASON polls, means absolutely nothing.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

One thing about Boise St is they are not afraid of taking a gamble to win the game. Their players know they are in the game and play hard. People keep making excuses about Boise St but they play the teams that are on the schedule and the Bowl Games. They are the winningest team of the decade. They may not have the overall talent of Alabama or OSU but they could care less. They just play the game.

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

^^^ Agree completely. that is one fearless football program...

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

bigtimehitter wrote:
dazed&confused wrote:I think Buckeye fans should root for VT as a win here could put Boise in the BCS title game. I'd rather have two openings available instead of one.
The Buckeyes control their own destiny, they go undefeated then they're in the BCS Championship, doesnt matter if Boise goes and blows the rest of their schedule out of the water, they should do that. I mean my gosh, the play in the WAC :roll:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------exactly. and i dig boise. i'm a diehard buckeye. and everybody knows it. but for nearly 20 years boise has been my second favorite team. they still have oregon state, fresno state , and nevada. and they are moving into the mountain west. so they deserve everyting they get. nothing would tickle me more than to see a buckeye /bronco matchup. we control our own destiny, and though it's way too early to be talking bcs games. if they both take care of their business they could be there. but it would also take an alabama loss to get boise in.why hate on boise. every big boy , that they get a chance to play , they beat.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

farmer wrote:One thing about Boise St is they are not afraid of taking a gamble to win the game. Their players know they are in the game and play hard. People keep making excuses about Boise St but they play the teams that are on the schedule and the Bowl Games. They are the winningest team of the decade. They may not have the overall talent of Alabama or OSU but they could care less. They just play the game.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------i'm not so sure now that they don't have nearly the same talent, maybe not depth yet. but talent wise they proved they can line up and win a snot bubble blowin line war. virginia tech is always tough. i disagree, they proved nothing, they did rely on trickeration to win, which who cares, thats just solid coaching , and execution. but now they are getting the players in , that can play smashmouth with anybody. don't hate em, cause you can guard , or beat em. who has a better winning record than chris peterson, i'd dare to say nobody. and these big teams on their schedule will continue to multiply. i'm tellin ya, they can play with anybody.

Just_A_Fan
Varsity

Post by Just_A_Fan »

I don't think they will get in the title game sorry but as pointed out they won't get in over a one loss Bama or SEC team....maybe the should put more tuff teams on there schudle every year...it's one thing to get up for a VTech team and have all summer to prepare but if they was in a BCS conf they would lose at least two or three games a year....I just don't see them play say a Penn St one week the. The next play Iowa then OSU there not a national title team IMO

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:If the Buckeyes go undefeated then they'll be in.
If an SEC or Big 12 team also goes undefeated, they'll be in.
If the SEC champ has one loss, they'll get in over Boise.
If Texas has one loss they'll get in over Boise.

Boise proved nothing last night, except that they deserve to be in the top 15
in the polls. They are a very good team, but not great, and not a team that
would work in a BCS conference, the way they do in the WAC.
If its LSU or Georgia from the SEC, Boise will get in. Only two SEC teams that will be ahead of them are Florida and Alabama. (Im assuming with one loss)

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:
farmer wrote:One thing about Boise St is they are not afraid of taking a gamble to win the game. Their players know they are in the game and play hard. People keep making excuses about Boise St but they play the teams that are on the schedule and the Bowl Games. They are the winningest team of the decade. They may not have the overall talent of Alabama or OSU but they could care less. They just play the game.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------i'm not so sure now that they don't have nearly the same talent, maybe not depth yet. but talent wise they proved they can line up and win a snot bubble blowin line war. virginia tech is always tough. i disagree, they proved nothing, they did rely on trickeration to win, which who cares, thats just solid coaching , and execution. but now they are getting the players in , that can play smashmouth with anybody. don't hate em, cause you can guard , or beat em. who has a better winning record than chris peterson, i'd dare to say nobody. and these big teams on their schedule will continue to multiply. i'm tellin ya, they can play with anybody.
When I said overall talent Boise St does not get the higher rated players coming out of high school as Alabama or OSU. They do have talented players some want to show the schools that didn't give them a chance. Boise St has players that come to play every game and work hard to improve. Depth at some positions is not like at some schools but they give all they have. That attitude goes with the coaching staff. They have a team of football players not just talented players who play football.
They go for it on fourth down when other coaches would not even think of it. The same as fake punts. They take advantage of what the defense will give them. They always play with emotion and rarely come out flat taking a team for granted.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

For any one to say boise dosen't deserve to get in that a bunch of BS all this team has done when they have faced top programs is win.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Boise State just played their only game of importance all season.
There are other teams who will have to go through 2-3 top 12 schools at minimum to get to the title game.

Fresno St and Nevada are not teams a championship contender worries about, and
if Boise St still does, then that shows that they are not championship material.
Also, talk about the Mountain West when they actually get there, not there yet, so it doesn't matter.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

They have won two big games...two.

2005--(9-4)Got their pants beat off by Georgia. Lost to the only two other ranked teams they played (Fresno, Boston College) plus unranked Oregon State.
2006--(13-0)Beat Oklahoma on trick plays and trick plays only. They couldnt compete with them when it got late in the game. Played zero ranked teams until Oklahoma, #10.
2007--(10-3)Lost to East Carolina in Sheraton Hotels Hawaii Bowl. Lost to the only ranked team they played, Hawaii.
2008--(12-1)Played two ranked teams. Won at Oregon, lost against TCU in San Diego Bowl.
2009--(14-0)Played two ranked teams. Beat Oregon at home, beat TCU in Fiesta Bowl.
2010--(1-0)Beat Virginia Tech on neutral field. No other ranked teams on their schedule.

Against ranked teams...5-5

Wins--Virginia Tech, Oregon x2, TCU, Oklahoma

Seriously....what have they earned? Im sorry, but their record is not impressive to me. They have played 10 ranked teams in six years.

In 2006, Florida played 6 ranked teams. In 2007, they played 4. In those two years alone, Florida played as many ranked teams as Boise will in 3x the years.
Last edited by fightingtigers45 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “College Sports”