Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:08 pm Ohio State
Penn State
Michigan
Michigan State
Indiana
Maryland
Rutgers
Curious why you have Michigan finishing third in the East when they return almost 85% of their two deep from last year's team. OSU and PSU both replace multi year starters at QB, multiple O Linemen, and neither have given much indication that they've grown accustomed to stopping the power run. The road to Indy and the CFP goes through Ann Arbor again this year and I just don't see Michigan losing to a worse OSU team than the one they just skunked a year ago, or the Penn State team that they should've beat by 40+.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Re: Big 10 East Predictions

Post by OHHS old timer »

Agree with bottom 4....

I'm going with...

Xichigan
Ohio St
Penn St

Too many returning for Ann Arbor not to be in the top spot for me. Although some predictions have Penn St defeating Xichigan....but winning the Game.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

OHHS old timer wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:17 pm Agree with bottom 4....

I'm going with...

Xichigan
Ohio St
Penn St

Too many returning for Ann Arbor not to be in the top spot for me. Although some predictions have Penn St defeating Xichigan....but winning the Game.
I'll take Wisconsin to win the west...don't know how the rest will finish though

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:10 pm
Penn State
Michigan
Michigan State
Indiana
Maryland
Rutgers
Curious why you have Michigan finishing third in the East when they return almost 85% of their two deep from last year's team. OSU and PSU both replace multi year starters at QB, multiple O Linemen, and neither have given much indication that they've grown accustomed to stopping the power run. The road to Indy and the CFP goes through Ann Arbor again this year and I just don't see Michigan losing to a worse OSU team than the one they just skunked a year ago, or the Penn State team that they should've beat by 40+.
That’s purely opinionated. You don’t know if Ohio State is going to be worse this year. You mention the things they lost but no additions, typical of an OSU hater. Healthy Treyveon Henderson, Marvin Harrison Jr probably the best player in college football returns, brought in some guys on the line that have started at other places, Igbinosun and Carter add experience to the secondary, a year of experience for a lot of guys in Knowles defense, top 5 recruiting class. The literal only question surrounding this team should be at the QB position. I’m not concerned myself, both highly recruited guys, would start most other places. poop don’t go through ann arbor, goes through Columbus and has the past 20 darn years.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:03 pm
Penn State
Michigan
Michigan State
Indiana
Maryland
Rutgers
That’s purely opinionated. You don’t know if Ohio State is going to be worse this year. You mention the things they lost but no additions, typical of an OSU hater. Healthy Treyveon Henderson, Marvin Harrison Jr probably the best player in college football returns, brought in some guys on the line that have started at other places, Igbinosun and Carter add experience to the secondary, a year of experience for a lot of guys in Knowles defense, top 5 recruiting class. The literal only question surrounding this team should be at the QB position. I’m not concerned myself, both highly recruited guys, would start most other places. poop don’t go through ann arbor, goes through Columbus and has the past 20 darn years.
Sure hasn't for the last two. Michigan didn't have its top 2 TEs last year, RB1 carried the ball twice, RB2 was playing with a partially torn knee meniscus and a broken hand, and a plethora of nagging injuries on the defensive side. Michigan has effectively two starting offensive lines, the best RB room in the country, the best QB in the conference, a loaded defense with multiple all American caliber players. Ask Marvin Harrison how it was with Will Johnson covering him. Harrison did all his damage against a backup corner last year, Gemon Green. Will Johnson will shut him down. Michigan wins by 30 this year. Minimum. 15 two years ago, 22 (should've been 29, but you guys got a mercy whistle at the end) last year, so I'd say 30+ is reasonable for this year.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:03 pm
Penn State
Michigan
Michigan State
Indiana
Maryland
Rutgers
My question to you both is this. How do you believe Kyle McCord or Devin Brown is the difference maker that CJ Stroud wasn't? Neither one of them beat him out for the starting job and he never beat Michigan. Keep coping, keep hoping, but THE University of Michigan will keep stacking Big Ten titles at the expense of Third Base and his merry band of red and gray rejects.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Penn State
Michigan
Michigan State
Indiana
Maryland
Rutgers
I can’t see Michigan having success as I am thinking the QB play will hurt them.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:01 pm
Penn State
Michigan
Michigan State
Indiana
Maryland
Rutgers
I can’t see Michigan having success as I am thinking the QB play will hurt them.
I'm not entirely sold on McCarthy as a passer, but he's shown enough for me to have some faith that he'll be better this year. Plus, Michigan is loaded all over and they're the best team in the country with a returning QB. Not saying they're better than Georgia, but of all the teams that return their starting QB, Michigan has the best roster and coaching staff. I think they run the table and win it all. Anything less than 14-1 is a failure of a season. Anything less than 15-0 and a national title is a disappointment.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:03 pm [quote=MisterGalliaGuy2016 post_id=2074989 time=<a href="tel:1693599006">1693599006</a> user_id=14395]
[quote="LICKING COUNTY FAN" post_id=2070345 time=<a href="tel:1690848522">1690848522</a> user_id=79]
Ohio State
Penn State
Michigan
Michigan State
Indiana
Maryland
Rutgers
[/quote]

[/quote]

Love the optimism but if you just watched the game there’s a ton of problems lol. The offensive line is pretty bad. Running lanes didn’t really exist, Simmons LT should never start again, McCord had a better 2nd half but overall wasn’t great. The defense was okay but it was against Indiana who didn’t have a QB. A lot to work on, hopefully they’ll pull it together though.

Who Dey!
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Michigan
Penn State
Osu
and the rest.

AT THE RESERVATION

Return to “College Sports”