Jay Edwards tackles Terrelle Pryor

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Jay Edwards tackles Terrelle Pryor

Post by Teufelhunden »

Jay made a touchdown saving tackle on Pryor. The Buckeyes punched it in 2 plays later but what the heck, great showing by a local player. Derek Roback played Pryor in practice all week for the Bobcats. Doin the Nelsonville and Trimble areas proud.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Re: Jay Edwards tackles Terrelle Pryor

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Great for Jay! Glad to seem him out there playing! He is a great young man and I wish him the best! Glad he is representing the Nelsonville community well! Keep encouraging all players in SE Ohio to play college football. Now OU and OSU branches are starting club teams which should allow for a cheaper alternative than going to a DIII private school. Go Bucks!

boy of summer
Freshman Team

Post by boy of summer »

Good showing today by Jay Edwards and good luck to Derek Roback. They are both quality young men who will be great successes in life.

55 Buckeye98, although I attended public universities and greatly value the education I received from them, it is not in this day and age necessarily true that a DIII education costs more than a state one-quite often the opposite is true. There are plenty of grants and scholarships at private schools now and with the rising cost of state schools, students should not overlook the private schools. They are now often cheaper, or at the least the same as attending state schools when all this is considered. Unfortunately for the students of our state, I do not see the price of a public university education going down anytime soon and that is a sad commentary on the current state of our economy, both on the state and national level. With that being said, I am glad that several of the branch schools are getting club football-it certainly adds to the college experience.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Ok im sorry Im glad a tvc and a local kid made tv but woop tee doo players tackle terrell pryor every week. heck my best friend got a sack on nate davis lol.

bobcatfan4728
Freshman Team

Post by bobcatfan4728 »

wellstonrockets wrote:Ok im sorry Im glad a tvc and a local kid made tv but woop tee doo players tackle terrell pryor every week. heck my best friend got a sack on nate davis lol.
It is a great weekend when former TVC player makes a big play on national tv. I know Jay was a thorn in our side at wellston(seemed like he played for eight yearslol) but i pull for any former TVC kids to do good.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Oooo im not saying anything bad please dont think that at all nelsonville fans. Im very happy hes getting playing time and some Tv time. Im just saying alot of people tackle pryor that all. I have much respect for what he did at nelsonville.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

boy of summer wrote:Good showing today by Jay Edwards and good luck to Derek Roback. They are both quality young men who will be great successes in life.

55 Buckeye98, although I attended public universities and greatly value the education I received from them, it is not in this day and age necessarily true that a DIII education costs more than a state one-quite often the opposite is true. There are plenty of grants and scholarships at private schools now and with the rising cost of state schools, students should not overlook the private schools. They are now often cheaper, or at the least the same as attending state schools when all this is considered. Unfortunately for the students of our state, I do not see the price of a public university education going down anytime soon and that is a sad commentary on the current state of our economy, both on the state and national level. With that being said, I am glad that several of the branch schools are getting club football-it certainly adds to the college experience.
Very true!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Glad to see Jay get to play! I hope he has a great year!

Return to “College Sports”