Waterford's D.J. Cunningham makes ESPN's Top play of the day

Steely Dan
SEOP

Waterford's D.J. Cunningham makes ESPN's Top play of the day

Post by Steely Dan »

On this morning's Sportcenter, in the #1 play from yesterday's Top 10 plays (December 4th), former Waterford big man D.J. Cunningham gets posterized in UNC Asheville's game, with a 6'2" guard going straight at him and throwing one down over D.J.'s block attempt. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Check it out.....

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Re: Waterford's D.J. Cunningham makes ESPN's Top play of the

Post by Raiderball »

Oh my!
Don't think Cunningham saw anything like that in SE Ohio.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Wow....

boy of summer
Freshman Team

Post by boy of summer »

People in this area should be very proud of DJ. He is playing DI hoops and has done well. Waterford also has Sina King playing DI women's hoops at Akron. Not many programs can say that anywhere.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

I played against DJ he is a good ball player and it is good that he is playing D1 basketball but he got straight dunked on by ol' dude.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Don't see where anyone is not proud of him, Hey it's competition, sometimes you make the plays sometimes they are made on you. The young man is doing well for himself.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

I seen this the night it aired on SC and couldn't believe it. One that Cunningham made it on SC, two that he got his beak smashed in that hard, and three that the guy was 8 inches shorter than him.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

mercerville monster wrote:I seen this the night it aired on SC and couldn't believe it. One that Cunningham made it on SC, two that he got his beak smashed in that hard, and three that the guy was 8 inches shorter than him.
He got his beak smashed, thats some funny stuff :lol:

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Does he still wear the Icy-Hot knee pads ?

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Rebels on 3 wrote:
mercerville monster wrote:I seen this the night it aired on SC and couldn't believe it. One that Cunningham made it on SC, two that he got his beak smashed in that hard, and three that the guy was 8 inches shorter than him.
He got his beak smashed, thats some funny stuff :lol:
Playing D-I college sports and did I mention getting a free education? Hell, I am sure that he would rather be playing and getting seen on ESPN than sitting at home and viewing ESPN.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

Playing D-I college sports and did I mention getting a free education? Hell, I am sure that he would rather be playing and getting seen on ESPN than sitting at home and viewing ESPN.
I am sure he would as well, who wouldn't? I don't play Major League Baseball but I was on SC Not Top 10. It wasn't because of any of my actions though. ( Thanks to the guy sitting three rows behind me at a Reds game who decided to dive down 4 rows for a HR ball and breaking his ribs by landing on top of a stadium seat.)

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Wow, some things just never change. Sophomore in college, still a head case. Nice technical against the Buckeyes tonight, he got pissed because someone took a rebound from him and he screamed like a baby..... That-a-boy, keep it up with your antics.

Otherwise, he played a decent game, but this was a guard oriented game. Sullinger didn't have to do much other than rebound and score a little, likewise with Lauderdale.

And, poster #2 occurred tonight, when J.D. Weatherspoon came flying in over Cunningham and threw one down right over his head on a rebound. It was impressive, but it didn't hit Cunningham in the beak this time............ :oops:

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

Steely Dan wrote:Wow, some things just never change. Sophomore in college, still a head case. Nice technical against the Buckeyes tonight, he got pissed because someone took a rebound from him and he screamed like a baby..... That-a-boy, keep it up with your antics.

Otherwise, he played a decent game, but this was a guard oriented game. Sullinger didn't have to do much other than rebound and score a little, likewise with Lauderdale.

And, poster #2 occurred tonight, when J.D. Weatherspoon came flying in over Cunningham and threw one down right over his head on a rebound. It was impressive, but it didn't hit Cunningham in the beak this time............ :oops:
To DJ's defense, tonights dunk was nowhere near a poster. He wasn't even facing Weatherspoon.. It was another UNCA guy...but even the guy facing him didnt get dunked on. They just obviously cant box out. But the dunk was realllllllly sweet. :roll:

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

gh123 wrote:
Steely Dan wrote:Wow, some things just never change. Sophomore in college, still a head case. Nice technical against the Buckeyes tonight, he got pissed because someone took a rebound from him and he screamed like a baby..... That-a-boy, keep it up with your antics.

To DJ's defense, tonights dunk was nowhere near a poster. He wasn't even facing Weatherspoon.. It was another UNCA guy...but even the guy facing him didnt get dunked on. They just obviously cant box out. But the dunk was realllllllly sweet. :roll:
Um, it hit Cunningham on the shoulder, so, call it what you will. But, it was a sweet dunk, nonetheless.........

buckeyes149091
Waterboy

Post by buckeyes149091 »

Ok bud you dont know what you are talking about, I was at the game. First of all witherspoons dunk was definitely not on dj and the technical foul occured after a unc asheville player lost the ball, not on a rebound attempt by dj. Also everyone was suprised when dj got the technical because he wasnt even the one yelling at the ref, dj must have just mouthed something to himself and the refs caught it. Dj played an amazing game despite his turnover prone teammates and he played amazing defense on sullinger. Sullinger barely even scored on dj when they went 1 on 1, even blocked him once. Dj was the best player on his team last night. Who knew that a kid from waterford ohio would one day play against teams like Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, Georgetown, and Ohio State, congrats dj!

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Please. Just a coincidence that he was T'ed up repeatedly in high school, and just happened to snag one on TV last night.

The kid is a punk, and apparently will be one for at least a little while longer.

Ohio State should have put 6'3" Cory Vales (Fed Hock) on the floor, just so Cunningham would twinkle down his leg again.

Oh and check Sullinger through the season. His best games have come against the tougher teams. It appears he turns it up a notch when needed. He will also tend to have more trouble against teams with length, as he isn't all that tall for a post player.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Orestes wrote:Please. Just a coincidence that he was T'ed up repeatedly in high school, and just happened to snag one on TV last night.

The kid is a punk, and apparently will be one for at least a little while longer.

Ohio State should have put 6'3" Cory Vales (Fed Hock) on the floor, just so Cunningham would twinkle down his leg again.
I wasn't going to go there, but now that you have, I have to LOL......And you have cited one of the worst situations where he acted like a total punk, which was after the beating that was administered by Fed Hock in Waterford, Cunningham's junior year. Vales completely outplayed Cunningham, and dominated the paint. Post game, Cunningham's behavior was absolutely abhorrent towards his opponents and the Fed Hock coaching staff.

Peeing down his leg..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

u guys sitting on your butts behind a computer screen, anonymously taking shots at a kid living his dream, playing DI basketball, and getting a free education is too funny! Think about how stupid u look to most of us!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

runhallerun wrote:u guys sitting on your butts behind a computer screen, anonymously taking shots at a kid living his dream, playing DI basketball, and getting a free education is too funny! Think about how stupid u look to most of us!
Do you really think that we give two sh*ts about what you think??? :roll:

Return to “College Sports”