TCU billboards... Anyone seen these around Columbus?

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Re: TCU billboards... Anyone seen these around Columbus?

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Heard about them, haven't seen any, sounds cute.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Perhaps OSU should post a billboard in Fort Worth, TX

Congratulations to The Ohio State University on their BCS Sugar Bowl Victory!
This is their 5th BCS game
To go along with 7 national titles, 35 big ten championships, 78 all Americans and 7 heisman trophy winners

- The team from the pathetic Big Ten conference *sarcasm

Lol just thought anyways

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

How about,
"You know where to find us, tell your AD to call!"
--Buckeye Nation

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Or...How far "East" is TCU? :lol:

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

GoBuckeyes2786 wrote:Perhaps OSU should post a billboard in Fort Worth, TX

To go along with 7 national titles, 35 big ten championships, 78 all Americans and 7 heisman trophy winners

Lol just thought anyways
Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves and start beating our chest:
a.) 5th BCS game - The BCS has only been around ten years (The Rose, Sugar, Orange and Fiesta aren't always what they're cracked up to be. LSU put a whipping on a very good Texas A&M team tonight in the Cotton Bowl and they would give anyone in the other 4 bowls a good game).
b.) 7 National titles - Only 5 on the field. One was the 1970 season when they lost to Stanford and Jim Plunkett in the Rose Bowl but were voted AP/UPI ? champion and the other was in the 1961 season when the powers that be decided not to let them play in the Rose Bowl.
c.) 35 big ten championships - Most of the early ones were with the big 2 and little 8 and a lot of the later ones were co-or tri-championships involved tying other schools, not outright titles.

We all gotta remember even when Bo and Woody were pacing the sidelines I think Woody's bowl record was 6-6 (with one of those win's when he was at Miami,Oh.)and Bo's was something like 5-12. The Big ten is not all that much to outsiders whether we want to believe it or not. What, 2 National championships in the last 42 years and the year Michigan won (1997 ?) it was a split co-national title. Personally, I'd like to see "The Hat" go to Michigan from LSU and I know that would spruce things up a bit in the Big-10, 11, 12 or whatever you want to call it now. Also, starting next year there will be no more co or tri champions and that's the way it should be and should have been for years now IMO.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Actually it's 8bcs games, 5 bcs wins... All I was doing was making a smart a$$ comment back towards tcu in their attempt to throw that in the face of buckeye fans. Everything in the history of Ohio state football may not be crystal clear or smooth. But when compared to the history of TCU football, Ohio State and the big ten by far have the upper hand over the horned frogs and their conference

Don't get me wrong, I think TCU had a darn good team this year and a excellnet season. Regardless of Gordon Gee's comment, it's rather stupid to post billboards all over Columbus and boast on your one signature win to a team thats had tons of success and a strong history in football

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Btw, I do strongly agree that adding the conference championship game and having a single champion is much better than the previous system and should have been done long before now

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Still wrong, it's 9 BCS games and 6 BCS wins!
More than any other school!

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

This would not even be an issue if this did not happen

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/ ... tcu_m.html

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

And this is why I hate it when these schools brag about their desire to play "anyone, anywhere, anytime"!

It's a marketing farse that they use to garner perceived respect, but never intend to follow through to their perceived extent.

In other words, it's BULL!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:Still wrong, it's 9 BCS games and 6 BCS wins!
More than any other school!
--------------------------------------------------------------you are correct again my friend. keep them honest.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Thanks for the correction Dubs, I let a W slip past me lol

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

FANOSPORTS wrote:
GoBuckeyes2786 wrote:Perhaps OSU should post a billboard in Fort Worth, TX

Lol just thought anyways
Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves and start beating our chest:
a.) 5th BCS game - The BCS has only been around ten years (The Rose, Sugar, Orange and Fiesta aren't always what they're cracked up to be. LSU put a whipping on a very good Texas A&M team tonight in the Cotton Bowl and they would give anyone in the other 4 bowls a good game).
b.) 7 National titles - Only 5 on the field. One was the 1970 season when they lost to Stanford and Jim Plunkett in the Rose Bowl but were voted AP/UPI ? champion and the other was in the 1961 season when the powers that be decided not to let them play in the Rose Bowl.
c.) 35 big ten championships - Most of the early ones were with the big 2 and little 8 and a lot of the later ones were co-or tri-championships involved tying other schools, not outright titles.

We all gotta remember even when Bo and Woody were pacing the sidelines I think Woody's bowl record was 6-6 (with one of those win's when he was at Miami,Oh.)and Bo's was something like 5-12. The Big ten is not all that much to outsiders whether we want to believe it or not. What, 2 National championships in the last 42 years and the year Michigan won (1997 ?) it was a split co-national title. Personally, I'd like to see "The Hat" go to Michigan from LSU and I know that would spruce things up a bit in the Big-10, 11, 12 or whatever you want to call it now. Also, starting next year there will be no more co or tri champions and that's the way it should be and should have been for years now IMO.
a) LSU lost to Arkansas when they had the chance to be in line for the BCS. Arkansas won, had an equal record, was better. Arkansas lost their BCS bowl and enjoyed some Tresselball mixed with mistakes to make it close.

b) Every team with national titles before 1998 could have their NCs criticized in a similar fashion.

c) See b in every conference. Plus, I recall Michigan State and Minnesota winning some NCs in the 50s and 60s. As for the ties, that is how the Big Ten works. Often, OSU tied with the team they didn't play, and you tell me who was the true beneficiary of avoiding that match-up.

Only a handful of programs want to compare package size with OSU.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I'm just glad from here on out there will be one champion come from the Big-10 like the other conferences have done for a few years now. This way there is no mistaking a team has earned their position in a "higher level" ($$$) bowl game. With this being said, there are still going to be blow-outs in quite a few bowl games every year due to conference strengths and weaknesses and we need to have a playoff system in place before a true national champion is decided. I personally think the NCAA, adminstrators, presidents etc. don't want to do this for fear of one conference having two teams standing at the end of the year and god forbid that happening because you wouldn't want to make the other conferences feel inferior by doing this would you ? JMO

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

FANOSPORTS wrote:I'm just glad from here on out there will be one champion come from the Big-10 like the other conferences have done for a few years now. This way there is no mistaking a team has earned their position in a "higher level" ($$$) bowl game. With this being said, there are still going to be blow-outs in quite a few bowl games every year due to conference strengths and weaknesses and we need to have a playoff system in place before a true national champion is decided. I personally think the NCAA, adminstrators, presidents etc. don't want to do this for fear of one conference having two teams standing at the end of the year and god forbid that happening because you wouldn't want to make the other conferences feel inferior by doing this would you ? JMO
You don't honestly believe that is the reason there is no playoff, do you? Bowl games=MONEY

Bear
Freshman Team

Post by Bear »

found this via another website and google...

In late December of 2007, Ohio State said it had reached a deal to open the 2009 season at home against TCU. Army had recently backed out of a planned series, and the Horned Frogs, coming off an 8-5 season, were set for a one-game trip to Columbus. According to Ohio State, the game had been agreed to but the contract wasn't yet signed.

"I'd say Ohio State really wanted it," TCU associate athletic director Jack Hesselbrock, who handles the Horned Frogs' football scheduling, said last week. "They had an opening and needed an opponent, and I think the fans would have liked it and been intrigued by it."................

Hesselbrock said TCU was about 50-50 on taking the game, but certainly talked it over. There were some logistical problems. Virginia was already scheduled for the season opener and according to Hesselbrock, it would not have been easy to shift that game. Also, with TCU's growing success, the Horned Frogs were looking to get away from taking paydays to serve as opponents for BCS schools, as they did with losses to Texas in 2007 and Oklahoma in 2008.

So while they liked the idea of playing Ohio State for the first time since 1973, the program was hoping to move beyond that.

"And Ohio State was not interested in a return here for obvious reasons," Hesselbrock said.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

tcu should have taken the payday and came to columbus

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

91blue14 wrote:tcu should have taken the payday and came to columbus
They already had Virginia scheduled for the opener.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:And this is why I hate it when these schools brag about their desire to play "anyone, anywhere, anytime"!

It's a marketing farse that they use to garner perceived respect, but never intend to follow through to their perceived extent.

In other words, it's BULL!
Isn't that kinda like what the Buckeye's say, " OSU has the desire to play anyone, anywhere, anytime, as long as it is in Columbus." :122245

Return to “College Sports”