Brady Hoke to be named as head coach at Michigan

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Brady Hoke to be named as head coach at Michigan

Post by Bleeding Red »

Good luck to Hoke. Hopefully he can restore some dignity for UM. I dont see light at the end of the tunnel anytime soon. UM fans, boosters and administrators are going to want wins NOW after the past 3 years of misery under Rich Rod. It isnt going to happen.

I see them fighting it out for 5th place in the conference at best next year and possibly no bowl game.

I think this will go down as a big impulse hire just as Bill Stewart was at WVU. I feel they had to get SOMEONE there before recruiting classes are all sewn up. First Harbaugh gives them the thumbs down, then Les Miles decides the grass will be dead on the other side of the fence, now Hoke. BTW I think Miles should have accepted the job. LSU expects championships every year in a tough, tough conference. He set a standard he will not live up to at LSU. If he could have brought Michigan back in 2-3 years, he would be an icon at Michigan.

Nevertheless, I hope Hoke can get Michigan competitive again.

91blue14
SE

Re: Brady Hoke to be named as head coach at Michigan

Post by 91blue14 »

that would be good for college football as a whole

Just_A_Fan
Varsity

Post by Just_A_Fan »

Peake so whats that word, who leaves and who stays and is there anyone who comes with Hoke to Michigan? I've always said everything works out in the end, so hope this becomes a GREAT move.

Also Peake what if any was the reason Miles said no, was he even offered the job?

peake450
Freshman Team

Post by peake450 »

This is a good hire, he will put Michigan back on the map. He is a Michigan man and understands what it takes to win in the Big 10. May take him a couple of years to catch up with my Buckeyes though. What do ya think Peake?

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

As much as I hate to say this Michigan got it right. He is a better fit than the other two would have been. Could the ten year war get started again? He will change the culture around the program back to what Michigan Football should be!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

College football is 70% about quality of players. Are all the SEC coaches smarter than Tressel or Stoops? So Michigan will have to recruit better in order to improve. The joke among folks in Michigan is how Michigan St. (little brother) has cleaned the Wolverines clocks the last few years in recruiting. And they are a non-starter in northern Ohio. Perceptions can take time to change.

froggy48
Riding the Bench

Post by froggy48 »

I really like this hire. Wanted him all along. HOKE-A-MANIA baby!! Wait till Hoke-a-mania runs wild on you!!!

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

They still suck

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

brady hoke, REALLY. are you sure mike brown and my bengals, were not the consultants on this. being from michigan, does not make you a candidate for the job. but as a buckeye fan, i think they got it right again. yeah, about the 10 year war. 10 more years of losses to the buckeyes i see.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:brady hoke, REALLY. are you sure mike brown and my bengals, were not the consultants on this. being from michigan, does not make you a candidate for the job. but as a buckeye fan, i think they got it right again. yeah, about the 10 year war. 10 more years of losses to the buckeyes i see.

Since I am from Ohio, can I coach the Buckeyes next year? Oh, and its my dream job too!

froggy48
Riding the Bench

Post by froggy48 »

Are you a prison guard,might make it easier!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

He did well for a year at Ball State with Nate Davis as his QB, but again, little to brag about!

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Rich Rod did well at WVU also with pat white and steve slaton. But never did worth a crap with Michigan in the big ten.....I hope Hoke does well and brings life back to Michigan football. Just see how well he can translate football at ball state and san Diego state, to Michigan. He might fall on his face or do great such as Urban Myer did at Florida after coming from Utah

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

GoBuckeyes2786 wrote:Rich Rod did well at WVU also with pat white and steve slaton. But never did worth a crap with Michigan in the big ten.....I hope Hoke does well and brings life back to Michigan football. Just see how well he can translate football at ball state and san Diego state, to Michigan. He might fall on his face or do great such as Urban Myer did at Florida after coming from Utah

But Urban Myer had great success at Utah before hitting the big stage. Hoke has not accomplished much, and as others pointed out his good seasons were due to great players. There are not many great players at Michigan right now.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Going to take 2-3 years to clean up this mess.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Very true bleeding red. I believe Meyer left Utah after a perfect undefeated season. Same goes for tressel. He came from Youngstown state but had continued great success at that program.....as said Hoke has very little to work with, especially if Robinson or some others happen to transfer. Meyer, tressel, saban and others walked in to established programs that needed some tuning. Home is walking into a disaster that needs serious work and help. I definitly don't see Hoke winning a NC his second season as the other coaches I named and recently gene chizick lol

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Bleeding Red wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:brady hoke, REALLY. are you sure mike brown and my bengals, were not the consultants on this. being from michigan, does not make you a candidate for the job. but as a buckeye fan, i think they got it right again. yeah, about the 10 year war. 10 more years of losses to the buckeyes i see.

Since I am from Ohio, can I coach the Buckeyes next year? Oh, and its my dream job too!
------------------can i help red. been a lifelong bucks fan.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Sign me up too Red! I'll head out on the recruiting trail asap! Lol

eaglesorfalcons
Freshman Team

Post by eaglesorfalcons »

he better hire a good defensive coach & find some defensive recruits.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Just_A_Fan wrote: Also Peake what if any was the reason Miles said no, was he even offered the job?
Saw on ESPN that he said "it wasn't the same school he left" or something to that effect. Not sure what he meant. Bad sign when Harbaugh and Miles turn you down. The AD says neither of them were offered the job but I hope no one actually beleives that, he's just trying to save face. As a Buckeye fan I hope they get better, just not too much better. :lol:

Return to “College Sports”