Draft Deadline

bucksfan76
JV Team

Draft Deadline

Post by bucksfan76 »

Well I know today was the deadline to declare for the draft and looks like The 5 players kept their word to coach Tressel and will stay for their senior season. I am glad that they are staying because this proves to me that these young men have learned from their mistakes and are willing to accept the punishment. So much for all the people hating on Tressel for believing these guys and the fact is he knows them better then we do and knew what he was doing to make the ultimatum that he did.

Go Bucks!!!!!

boilermaker
SE

Re: Draft Deadline

Post by boilermaker »

Still should have sit out the bowl game.

Just_A_Fan
Varsity

Post by Just_A_Fan »

Would it all be worth it say if the buckeyes loose one of those first five games. I know they go to Miami FL., but other than that the other test may be Michigan St. but thats at home. I gotta a question is there anything the limits those players practice time or is it just the five games that they have to sit out?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Just_A_Fan wrote:Would it all be worth it say if the buckeyes loose one of those first five games. I know they go to Miami FL., but other than that the other test may be Michigan St. but thats at home. I gotta a question is there anything the limits those players practice time or is it just the five games that they have to sit out?
I believe its just the games. Tressel will have to get a lot of new guys ready to play so I can't really see them getting many reps in practice.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Defense, special teams, pound it out on the ground, take care of the ball and play field position. Tressel is the master of that when Buckeyes need to hunker down. IF they manage to start the season 5-0, look out!

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I look for there suspensions to be droped to 3 or maybe even 2 games.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I am guessing 4 if they get reduced

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I think it will end up 4 games . The NCAA will let the sell out 5 back for big ten play.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

bucksfan76 wrote:Well I know today was the deadline to declare for the draft and looks like The 5 players kept their word to coach Tressel and will stay for their senior season. I am glad that they are staying because this proves to me that these young men have learned from their mistakes and are willing to accept the punishment. So much for all the people hating on Tressel for believing these guys and the fact is he knows them better then we do and knew what he was doing to make the ultimatum that he did.

Go Bucks!!!!!
Heard this year set a record for underclassman

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Something interesting that I haven't seen posted on here yet. I guess tressel informed the tat 5 that if they didn't commit to return in 2011 that they would not play in sugar bowl, would not be able to participate in the buckeyes pro day, would not be able to use the facilities, and if they returned to school at a later date to earn their degree they would do it on their dime.

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

fbnut wrote:Something interesting that I haven't seen posted on here yet. I guess tressel informed the tat 5 that if they didn't commit to return in 2011 that they would not play in sugar bowl, would not be able to participate in the buckeyes pro day, would not be able to use the facilities, and if they returned to school at a later date to earn their degree they would do it on their dime.
BREAKING NEWS, FRESH OFF THE PRESS.....A MONTH AGO! :lol: Where have you been that was posted on a thread a month ago :lol: :122245

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

bigtimehitter wrote:
fbnut wrote:Something interesting that I haven't seen posted on here yet. I guess tressel informed the tat 5 that if they didn't commit to return in 2011 that they would not play in sugar bowl, would not be able to participate in the buckeyes pro day, would not be able to use the facilities, and if they returned to school at a later date to earn their degree they would do it on their dime.
BREAKING NEWS, FRESH OFF THE PRESS.....A MONTH AGO! :lol: Where have you been that was posted on a thread a month ago :lol: :122245
I think everyone knew about not being able to play in the sugar bowl but the other stuff I have not seen anywhere else until the other day. I went back and looked at all the threads I could find pertaining to the conversation but I didn't see any info on anything but the sugar bowl game itself, nothing about the pro day, or use of facilities or degree stuff. I could have missed it though could you please show me the thread on here where the other info was posted please.
thanks

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

fbnut wrote:
bigtimehitter wrote:
I think everyone knew about not being able to play in the sugar bowl but the other stuff I have not seen anywhere else until the other day. I went back and looked at all the threads I could find pertaining to the conversation but I didn't see any info on anything but the sugar bowl game itself, nothing about the pro day, or use of facilities or degree stuff. I could have missed it though could you please show me the thread on here where the other info was posted please.
thanks
I honestly don't know if the other things were posted or not, I was just giving you a hard time. :-D

Return to “College Sports”