Aaron Hopper - Marietta Baseball

4thgoal
SEOPS

Aaron Hopper - Marietta Baseball

Post by 4thgoal »

Aaron Hopper (Wheelersburg grad) went a total of 4 for 8 at the plate with a double and 3 RBI in a double header. Marietta (17-2) is #3 in the NCAA DIII.

http://pioneers.marietta.edu/news/2011/ ... 13725.aspx

BULDOG
All Conference

Re: Aaron Hopper - Marietta Baseball

Post by BULDOG »

Thanks for the post 4th. Good day for Aaron. Better day for Gasser who threw Mariettas 20th NO-NO in school history.

If we go back a few years, Gasser pitched against W'Burg in the Regional Semi when he played for Indian Valley. W'Burg won that game 2-1 in the bottom of the 8th inning. W'Burg went on to defeat Adena in the regional finals and advance to the state touney that year. Gasser's having a great season and is an outstanding young man. His ERA stands at 1.18 and he is 6-0 on the season.

Have to take care of business this week and weekend. Marietta will be in Chilli at VA memorial stadium on 4/13 to square off in a DH against Capital. Then a huge DH next weekend (4/16) at #6 Heidelberg (H'Berg was ranked #1 for 4 weeks to start the season).

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

BULDOG, what time does the game at Chilli start? I'm off that day and just might take my father up to watch Aaron play. Sounds like they are having a great season.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

1st game scheduled for 1pm 7 innings and game 2 follows at approximately 4pm 9 innings. Hope you get to come up. If I hear of any changes I will pass them along.

Should see Gasser in Game 1 I would guess.

Marietta ranked #3 and stand at 21-2 on the season and 6-0 in the OAC. Just swept Ohio Northern 1-0 and 17-3 on saturday and Mt Union 10-9 and 17-2 on Sunday.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

UPDATE:
Game 1 scheduled start has been moved to 3pm tomorrow. Game 2 will follow at approximately 6pm

http://pioneers.marietta.edu/news/2011/ ... h=baseball

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

It sounds like Aaron is having a good year. Best of luck to him and his team.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Marietta has now moved up to #2 in NCAA D3 and 23-2 on the season.

The Etta Express swept Capital in the DH at VA memorial stadium 14-2 and 13-2. Big matchup with Heidelberg on Saturday although weather does not look promising

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I wish I could have made it up to see Aaron and Marietta play but today I wasn't able to make it.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Understand

Here is a link to the game recap

http://pioneers.marietta.edu/news/2011/ ... 12045.aspx

CLane
Riding the Bench

Post by CLane »

I used to love me some MC baseball! There was nothing better than catching a game at Pioneer Park, sunny, 75F weather....plus they always seem to win, haha. It didn't hurt that the spring was the only off-season for basketball either. Coach Schaly will always be one of the all time greatest people I've had the privilege to know. Good luck to Hopper/Gasser/ and the rest of the SEOPrep boys!

Go Pios!

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

#2 Marietta split with #5 Heidelberg on Sunday. Marietta holds a 1 game lead over HBerg in the OAC

Game 1 saw the Etta Express pound out 13 hits and score 12 runs while Gasser threw another gem going 6 innings and holding the Heidelbergs top OAC offense to 0 runs on 2 hits. Game 2 HBerg held on to an 8-6 advantage after 3 costly errors by Marietta allowed HBerg to take a 3-0 in the 1st. In 4th inning of game 2, Marietta faced two-time all american Andy Lowe which gave the Pinoeer hitters fits until the 9th.

Here is a link to the writeup
http://www.mariettatimes.com/page/conte ... l?nav=5025

Return to “College Sports”