No new sanctions for OSU!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

No new sanctions for OSU!

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

The dispatch reported today that the NCAA has informed OSU that they have completed their investigation into the Tressel issues, and WILL NOT be adding any mire sanctions.

Particularly, failure to monitor or lack of institutional control!!!

I'd post a link but I'm on my phone, I'll try and get it posted later!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Re: No new sanctions for OSU!

Post by C-Bolt »

STO reported today rumors are flying that Tressel did report violations to higher ups and they took no action,,uh oh NCAA might have to turn that plane around,, thats a death blow if true and more heads will fly...

mohawkbaseball#1
All Conference

Post by mohawkbaseball#1 »

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/sp ... ml?sid=101

well not in the clear yet but certainly good news. I still see us losing some scholarships and probably a yr bowl game ban

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

The NCAA HAS THEIR HANDS FULL IN THE SOUTH.Rivals board has been hot and heavy,Alabama,Auburn,LSU.Complience issues everywhere!!!! LSU top receiver sent home,complience.Alabama top running back,BIG questions.Everybody knows Auburn will get the hammer.Not only Cam,Farley had six grades from JC changed to be eligible.Longhorn network having all kinds of problems.Big 12 ready to disband.Rough day for e$pn.LOL,LOL,and I repeat LOL!!!!!!!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

The STO story was originally reported by 10tv.

It's mentioned in the dispatch article that Tressel told the NCAA during a 5 hour interview that he informed compliance in December.

The NCAA had all of the info that 10tv reported and STO mentioned BEFORE they made this announcement to OSU.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

OSU slips the noose!!!!!!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Now they're saying NCAA could find no evidence he reported violations,so it looks like they wriggled free for now,, geez more media blunders with the rumor mill,,,seems now every time they have revelations something bad happened its never as bad as it seems...

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

They are in such a race to break a story, that they don't do diligence and confirm the reliability of their sources.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

It looks to me like they will not be penalized much more than they have already been penalized by themselves. The coach is the only one within the OSU program besides the players that knew of any wrong doing. The coach is gone, the players have been punished, and the games the players played in have been forfeited. Seems to me the case is closed.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Pretty much.

A whole lot of mud to wash off the program, much of it self induced, but a good amour of mud applied by witch hunting media that was too eager to blow up a university than to check for reliable sources.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming the media for our troubles. But in the end, I'm not going to hold my breath on any retractions!!!

Also, if we do get off "light" in the media's eyes, we will be elevated to the most hated program in the game!

A title I will be proud to be a part of. I always did like the heel role in pro rastlin! Lol

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

espn was using lines like : OSU must have good friends and allies in the NCAA because......"
There's always been a bunch of OSU haters out there. Face it, if your not a fan, and that other team
is always winning and being on top, you tend to hate them and cheer for their down fall.

But there must be many talking heads at espn right now heading to the hospitals with chest pains and high blood pressure

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

It is 'due' diligence , not 'do' diligence................but good news about our bucks............ :12224

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Grammar police

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

AS A MICHIGAN FAN IN OHIO I'M GLAD TO HEAR THIS!! you never want your top rival weak. if they are strong your strong......

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I hate what I am about to say as I AM NOT a conspiracy theorist but I do believe ESPN was out to hang the Buckeyes, SI had to jump on the bandwagon to not be left behind and now they are all coughing up crow. OSU lily white? Nope! Neither is the SEC but ESPN has a vested financial interest in the SEC and the Longhorn Network. So they have to chop down the boogey man that is tOSU. They are taking a cheap shot at the Big Ten Network because it called their bluff. And OSU is the biggest entity within the Big Ten. And now the SEC is making noise towards compensating football athletes more than they now are. To throw the wolves off the scent? The ghost of Cam Newton is rattling his chains.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The news media blew the OSU thing way out of proportion and people jumped on the "hang the Buckeyes" bandwagon. Well, the smoke is clearing and things aren't that bad in Buckeye nation. I wish recruits who backed out would have waited a while. OSU will survive and continue to be a power.

OSU's problems look minor compared to Auburn and the like. When is football nation going to demand their heads?

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

Looks even better now that we could see Urban Meyer on the sidelines in a year or two.

I just can't see Fickle, no matter how well they do this year, out recruiting Meyers.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

The news media blew the OSU thing way out of proportion and people jumped on the "hang the Buckeyes" bandwagon. Well, the smoke is clearing and things aren't that bad in Buckeye nation.
I am trying not to be a jerk, but this may be the stupidest thing I have read in a long time. Not that bad? Really?

You lost your legendary coach because he covered up a sh*t storm all the while claiming to protect his players. Then your starting QB is now banned for 5 years from stepping foot on campus, 4 of your starters are suspended for 5 games for breaking NCAA rules, you had to forfeit your entire 2010 season including a Big Ten Title and a Sugar Bowl win and you are trying to sell me that it is not that bad? I mean it is a matter of prospective and to the NCAA if vacating your entire 2010 season and firing your head coach and kicking your star QB is enough then by all means, but that imo is bad. If that is not "bad" I don't know what is.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

This Cam Newton thing you buckeye fans use to make yourselves feel better is comical.

Is it worse that a 20 year old kid took money and broke rules, or is it worse that an adult knowingly let 5 players play an entire season with the knowledge they broke NCAA rules, and then covering it up?

Is it worse a immature kid took money or that an adult knowingly broke rules?

You can be the judge

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

peake wrote:This Cam Newton thing you buckeye fans use to make yourselves feel better is comical.

Is it worse that a 20 year old kid took money and broke rules, or is it worse that an adult knowingly let 5 players play an entire season with the knowledge they broke NCAA rules, and then covering it up?

Is it worse a immature kid took money or that an adult knowingly broke rules?

You can be the judge
Spot on, peake.

Return to “College Sports”