Former Kent State Coach to be new Ohio HC

Post by 91raider97bobcat »

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories ... coach.html

A good amount of success at KSU, not so much at TCU...this could be interesting

Steely Dan
SEOP

Re: Former Kent State Coach to be new Ohio HC

Post by Steely Dan »

I don't think that the players or alumni are going to be happy with this hire, if it comes to fruition. What in the Hell are they thinking? Way to run the momentum that Groce built into the ground.......

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

I personally like the hire Coach Christian is a proven winner in the MAC plus it would be hard not to have success right away with the current roster Coop Offut Kellogg & company also adding two transfers Kadeem Green from Mizzou & Kenny Belton from Cincy two 6'8" bigs this team will play great Defense again & have lots of depth I look for yet another outstanding season for the Cats in 2012-2013

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

pbuck wrote:I personally like the hire Coach Christian is a proven winner in the MAC plus it would be hard not to have success right away with the current roster Coop Offut Kellogg & company also adding two transfers Kadeem Green from Mizzou & Kenny Belton from Cincy two 6'8" bigs this team will play great Defense again & have lots of depth I look for yet another outstanding season for the Cats in 2012-2013
Those transfers may not stay now....

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Obviously but with them staying & becoming eligible it adds to OU's Depth in the front court where they need it is what I'm saying IMO think they will stay

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I'm always one that ask that people stick to the facts, and base what they say on empirical evidence. However, at this point, the only empirical evidence is not good. Which is exactly how I feel about this hire.

For once, I'm going to go out and say that my intuition on this move is that it is a bad one, I just really don't see this working out in the long run. He's already fled the MAC once, and now he's back, to save his a$$. Time will tell.

Old*rocket
JV Team

Post by Old*rocket »

Not a good choice for new coach. Had to be a better choice out there.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

This will set Ohio Basketball back 5 years!
This will kill recruiting, it's gonna make some of our current players flee....... This is the worst choice for a coach!

They would be better off chasing Geno or Dustin Ford, or just maybe pony up and pay some dough for a established coach.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

I guess I'll agree to disagree with the majority of you guys but I hope I'm right & Coach Christian proves most of you guys wrong

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
pbuck wrote:I personally like the hire Coach Christian is a proven winner in the MAC plus it would be hard not to have success right away with the current roster Coop Offut Kellogg & company also adding two transfers Kadeem Green from Mizzou & Kenny Belton from Cincy two 6'8" bigs this team will play great Defense again & have lots of depth I look for yet another outstanding season for the Cats in 2012-2013
Those transfers may not stay now....

actually belton played last year sparingly because of an injured back he might get another year of eligibility and i heard green can play in games beginning january 1st....anyway, I don't like the hire due to the fact the players wanted someone else and schaus didn't honor that. personally i would've liked to see ford hired. Just because christian was successful before in the MAC doesn't mean he will be his second time around and i hope he is. He has the whole team returning and the sky is the limit for this team

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Well, the coaching gypsy achieved mediocrity and parlayed that into a new job after two years and a new contract. AD really needs to rethink his hiring strategy for a coach to build the program. Yea, OU gets a $500K stipend for Christian bailing out on his players and the program, but this situation only hurts the Bobcat program.

Maybe they need to look at what their priorities are as they start their search for ANOTHER head coach!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Steely Dan wrote:Well, the coaching gypsy achieved mediocrity and parlayed that into a new job after two years and a new contract. AD really needs to rethink his hiring strategy for a coach to build the program. Yea, OU gets a $500K stipend for Christian bailing out on his players and the program, but this situation only hurts the Bobcat program.

Maybe they need to look at what their priorities are as they start their search for ANOTHER head coach!
I saw this coming when he was hired and so did you :mrgreen:

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

What happened with Christian? Did he resign? How about Dino Gaudio? He's an Ohio alum...He did a good job at Wake Forest.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Another Ohio University coaching search, and another round of constant "No comments" from "Director of Athletics" Jim Schaus. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

When Christian was hired, Schaus sounded off like he made a major coup hiring this guy.

Although, look for Schaus to soon jump ship himself and land at a bigger school with a bigger payday.

I already feel sorry for those suckers.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I don't know how you guys do business in your part of the world. But here in Rio, I like it when all parties know what they are up against." — Fast Five :!:

Return to “College Sports”