Another Michigan football player bites the dust (for now)

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Another Michigan football player bites the dust (for now)

Post by Bleeding Red »

RB Toussaint arrested for DUI and suspended indefinitely. Not sure what that means or whether or not he will just sit out during summer practice and be suspended a few games or he will be dismissed completely.

This definitely puts UM in a tough spot as they open up against Bama (which of course I would root for UM and the Big Ten).

UM has also dismissed 3 other kids due to troubles with the law.

IMO this puts Denard in a terrible position as he must carry the team without a good runner to compliment him in the backfield. Wouldnt be surprised to see him get hurt in doing so against a team like Bama.

At least Hoke dealt with this and didnt Paterno it by sweeping it under the rug!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Another Michigan football player bites the dust (for now

Post by noreply66 »

College needs more coaches that will show these trouble makers the door.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Storm Klein found out OSU has one now.

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

I say he sits out for Bama and thats it... The kid is pretty much 33.3% of their offense with lil wayne at Qb and Roundtree at Wr

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I agree with you Vegas. He may not even miss the Bama game since they wont have any chance to win without him and Lil Wayne could very well get hurt in that one by trying to do it all on his own. I guess we will see if Hoke is a type of coach who lays the law down or is just a bag of hot air.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

It could be worse...........................................................

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

I've heard rumors Fitz & DE Frank Clark aren't practicing right now and could be suspended for the first two or three games possibly come back by the Notre Dame game

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

Both have been reinstated to practice....I guess the high standards of a "Michigan Man" arent quite as high after all. Win Win Win just like the rest

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

SPAMONY wrote:Both have been reinstated to practice....I guess the high standards of a "Michigan Man" arent quite as high after all. Win Win Win just like the rest
19-23 year olds will definitely make mistakes. DUI is something that can cost someone's life.

Sitting out during what is really a "dead period" doesnt strike me as punishment either for this. Wonder what they really had to do? Lift weights on their own without the team? LOL.

Hoke-A-Joke knows without them they have a 0% chance of beating Bama. With them they have a 20% chance of beating Bama.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

Bleeding Red wrote:
SPAMONY wrote:Both have been reinstated to practice....I guess the high standards of a "Michigan Man" arent quite as high after all. Win Win Win just like the rest
19-23 year olds will definitely make mistakes. DUI is something that can cost someone's life.

Sitting out during what is really a "dead period" doesnt strike me as punishment either for this. Wonder what they really had to do? Lift weights on their own without the team? LOL.

Hoke-A-Joke knows without them they have a 0% chance of beating Bama. With them they have a 20% chance of beating Bama.

20% chance ??? you could let Michigan play 12 guys both ways the whole game and i wouldn't give them a 20% chance!!!!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I am trying to be positive because deep down inside I still would like to see them beat Bama and the big bad SEC!

How about 9%......just to keep it in the single digits and make it more realistic?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I'll put it this way Spamony- Our chances of winning the Derby are greater than UM's chances of beating Bama!

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

agreed

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I don't have a problem with letting the kids practice, but question is will they miss the first game for punishment and not just a few plays and throw them in there or letting them play against BAMA and sit out against Air Force or UMASS,I would seriously question Hoke's credibility should that happen.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

To be honest I just like ragging on Michigan he has already been punished (missed first week of camp and running). I have no problem with him playing all the games. He is of legal age and his first offense so let him play

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I just think its funny that Hoke-A-Joke made a big deal about it with his chest puffed out (like he needed a reason) about how they were going to really sit out and be punished only to realize they might as well dress the band at Bama without these 2 players.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I wouldn't consider missing practice as punishment especially since Toussaint is older and already knows their system,heck I would be rejoicing to miss practice in the heat of the summer,I remember many years ago Tressel suspended Steve Bellisari for the Michigan game and half of their bowl game for getting a DUI,which turned out to be a good thing because Krenzel was able to beat UM,but I realize comparing OSU to UM might be like comparing apples to oranges.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

Steve's was more than just DUI if I remember correctly he got 2 charges for it since he blew a .22 which was more than double the legal limit. Alex Boone missed zero games for his DUI more recently also another that same year but the name escapes me

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

LOL forgot about Boone,wish I had a dollar for every beer he drank while at OSU.Seems like I remember him saying something he drank 40 or 50 beers a night,kid must not have got hangovers.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

yeah but when you take in to account his size thats like a normal dude drinking a 6 pack

Return to “College Sports”