Best Jr High basketball teams this year?

Ukfanatic
Varsity
Posts: 602
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:32 pm

Best Jr High basketball teams this year?

Post by Ukfanatic »

Who has really good Jr high boys teams this year. Heard Minford 8th grade is pretty good. Anyone else?



art_vandelay
S
Posts: 1561
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:53 pm

Re: Best Jr High basketball teams this year?

Post by art_vandelay »

Ukfanatic wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:30 pm
Who has really good Jr high boys teams this year. Heard Minford 8th grade is pretty good. Anyone else?
As far as Scioto County/SOC teams, Minford 8th is stacked: probably best team in entire area. Burg 8th is solid. South Webster has one of best 8th graders in area who will keep them in most games. Notre Dame 8th was already good and added a couple of transfers who can play.

Burg 7th, Eastern 7th, South Webster 7th all should have good seasons.*



BigBlueNation
SE
Posts: 2180
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:50 am
Location: Scioto County

Re: Best Jr High basketball teams this year?

Post by BigBlueNation »

Minford 8th is really good. Montgomery can light it up.
He can put 40+ on ya any given night.
South Webster's Roberts is a good one to the kids 6'3 or 6'4 and very athletic.



joeshmo
Waterboy
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:14 pm

Re: Best Jr High basketball teams this year?

Post by joeshmo »

Minford 8th grade is one of the best complete teams I’ve seen at the jr high level. I would also add Fairland 8th and Ironton 8th both have some great talent. I believe the Fairland 8th grade group beat Minford 8th in a state tournament game a few years ago.



jeep80
Varsity
Posts: 651
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:04 pm

Re: Best Jr High basketball teams this year?

Post by jeep80 »

Eastern 8th graders can shoot 3 pointers better than most high schools! I watched them play South Webster. They are going to be dangerous when they get to high school.



art_vandelay
S
Posts: 1561
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:53 pm

Re: Best Jr High basketball teams this year?

Post by art_vandelay »

jeep80 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:49 pm
Eastern 8th graders can shoot 3 pointers better than most high schools! I watched them play South Webster. They are going to be dangerous when they get to high school.
The Leist kid does not miss and I think he a 7th grader? But Webster just beat Eastern in one of the best junior high games I've ever seen. Webster wins 71-69 on a buzzer beater by Roberts. He had 43 points including the game-winner, and a slam dunk as well (12/12 from free throw line to boot). Both teams were a mix of 7th and 8th graders and playing at a high level. These two teams are going to have some battles over the next few years.*



jeep80
Varsity
Posts: 651
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:04 pm

Re: Best Jr High basketball teams this year?

Post by jeep80 »

art_vandelay wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:54 pm
jeep80 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:49 pm
Eastern 8th graders can shoot 3 pointers better than most high schools! I watched them play South Webster. They are going to be dangerous when they get to high school.
The Leist kid does not miss and I think he a 7th grader? But Webster just beat Eastern in one of the best junior high games I've ever seen. Webster wins 71-69 on a buzzer beater by Roberts. He had 43 points including the game-winner, and a slam dunk as well (12/12 from free throw line to boot). Both teams were a mix of 7th and 8th graders and playing at a high level. These two teams are going to have some battles over the next few years.*
I thought the teams separated the 7th from the 8th graders since there is a game for both grades? Are they still mixing them together?



art_vandelay
S
Posts: 1561
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:53 pm

Re: Best Jr High basketball teams this year?

Post by art_vandelay »

Yep...even though 2 separate games, there some kids playing in both games. Webster had 1 or 2 7th graders on floor at end of game, and Eastern did too.*



The Ghost of Swanker
JV Team
Posts: 350
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:25 pm

Re: Best Jr High basketball teams this year?

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Hunter Barnard is a 7th for Webster. He had a big game in the first game. He can knock it down.


The Voice of The Jeeps ......... on SEOPS
Swanker Pine 2 : Electric Boogaloo

The Ghost of Swanker
JV Team
Posts: 350
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:25 pm

Re: Best Jr High basketball teams this year?

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Is this the same whole team that played as 7th graders last year? The more I watch them the more painful it is.

Tonight @ Eastern Meigs.
2 players don’t participate on the court hardly at all.
McGraw plays where he’s supposed to and does a good job.

Seems like Perkins tries to play way above his skill level and ends up taking some goofy shots instead of looking for the pass. Seems like some tension between him and Roberts (from the cheap seats).

Roberts has some work to do. I only had him with 8 rebounds tonight and 4 of those were off of foul shots. With his size advantage on the court tonight he should’ve pulled down at least 18 rebounds.

Had him for
21pts 8 rebounds 3 blocks 1Assist
3/9 from the free throw line tonight. Ouch


The Voice of The Jeeps ......... on SEOPS
Swanker Pine 2 : Electric Boogaloo

greygoose
SEOP
Posts: 3633
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:15 pm

Re: Best Jr High basketball teams this year?

Post by greygoose »

art_vandelay wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:54 pm
jeep80 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:49 pm
Eastern 8th graders can shoot 3 pointers better than most high schools! I watched them play South Webster. They are going to be dangerous when they get to high school.
The Leist kid does not miss and I think he a 7th grader? But Webster just beat Eastern in one of the best junior high games I've ever seen. Webster wins 71-69 on a buzzer beater by Roberts. He had 43 points including the game-winner, and a slam dunk as well (12/12 from free throw line to boot). Both teams were a mix of 7th and 8th graders and playing at a high level. These two teams are going to have some battles over the next few years.*
Sounds like a heck of a game, with most teams streaming both high school and JR high games, does South Webster have a place to view their live streams?? Typically they're being left up by most teams so you can go back and watch it.



transplant
Varsity
Posts: 496
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:52 am

Re: Best Jr High basketball teams this year?

Post by transplant »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:18 pm
Is this the same whole team that played as 7th graders last year? The more I watch them the more painful it is.

Tonight @ Eastern Meigs.
2 players don’t participate on the court hardly at all.
McGraw plays where he’s supposed to and does a good job.

Seems like Perkins tries to play way above his skill level and ends up taking some goofy shots instead of looking for the pass. Seems like some tension between him and Roberts (from the cheap seats).

Roberts has some work to do. I only had him with 8 rebounds tonight and 4 of those were off of foul shots. With his size advantage on the court tonight he should’ve pulled down at least 18 rebounds.

Had him for
21pts 8 rebounds 3 blocks 1Assist
3/9 from the free throw line tonight. Ouch
swank, i agree, it was painful to watch, and did your feed have sound? After seeing the score of their game against eastern, i guess i had higher expectations? Roberts does has some work to do. Not just basketball wise either. But he is a Jr high kid, all kids that age have some work to do.



The Ghost of Swanker
JV Team
Posts: 350
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:25 pm

Re: Best Jr High basketball teams this year?

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

transplant wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:08 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:18 pm
Is this the same whole team that played as 7th graders last year? The more I watch them the more painful it is.

Tonight @ Eastern Meigs.
2 players don’t participate on the court hardly at all.
McGraw plays where he’s supposed to and does a good job.

Seems like Perkins tries to play way above his skill level and ends up taking some goofy shots instead of looking for the pass. Seems like some tension between him and Roberts (from the cheap seats).

Roberts has some work to do. I only had him with 8 rebounds tonight and 4 of those were off of foul shots. With his size advantage on the court tonight he should’ve pulled down at least 18 rebounds.

Had him for
21pts 8 rebounds 3 blocks 1Assist
3/9 from the free throw line tonight. Ouch
swank, i agree, it was painful to watch, and did your feed have sound? After seeing the score of their game against eastern, i guess i had higher expectations? Roberts does has some work to do. Not just basketball wise either. But he is a Jr high kid, all kids that age have some work to do.
No it didn’t have any sound at all.

As far as the team goes, they’re gonna take some beat downs if only 3 players are going to contribute. Our 7th grade team is really good though


The Voice of The Jeeps ......... on SEOPS
Swanker Pine 2 : Electric Boogaloo

The Ghost of Swanker
JV Team
Posts: 350
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:25 pm

Re: Best Jr High basketball teams this year?

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Maybe SW will invest in some actual training facilities like every other school in the area has now that Roberts has came up


The Voice of The Jeeps ......... on SEOPS
Swanker Pine 2 : Electric Boogaloo

transplant
Varsity
Posts: 496
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:52 am

Re: Best Jr High basketball teams this year?

Post by transplant »

Ok. Just making sure it wasn’t just my feed. Yeah, if any team has an answer for Roberts, they will struggle. I agree, they could use some upgrades. Even just a new floor or something would be nice. Maybe an actual weight room? Don’t think the one bench on the stage is doing the job anymore.



The Ghost of Swanker
JV Team
Posts: 350
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:25 pm

Re: Best Jr High basketball teams this year?

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

We just got a new floor a couple years ago. It used to be yellow now it’s fairly well white I’d say. I don’t know what they have going on as far as weights go now. Obviously there isn’t anything on the stage now. Used to be some ragged out benches and rusty dumbbells up to 75’s. A couple bars and a curl bar. The best piece that was up there was the leg press.

Webster loses a lot of games based on physicality. We consistently have the scrawniest kids in SOC2. The last BODY we had was Jensen Dyer in 2012. A true year round weight lifting program would do wonders for our athletes.

If Swank ever hits it big, we’ll have a facility in downtown Webster.


The Voice of The Jeeps ......... on SEOPS
Swanker Pine 2 : Electric Boogaloo

transplant
Varsity
Posts: 496
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:52 am

Re: Best Jr High basketball teams this year?

Post by transplant »

That’s good they got a new floor. A nice downtown arena with weight room and stuff would be nice. Maybe one day.



The Ghost of Swanker
JV Team
Posts: 350
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:25 pm

Re: Best Jr High basketball teams this year?

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Tonight SW at Nw

7th was 23-18 JEEPS
8th was 57-37 JEEPS. Eli Roberts had another monster game tonight and yet another dunk on the competition.


The Voice of The Jeeps ......... on SEOPS
Swanker Pine 2 : Electric Boogaloo

The Ghost of Swanker
JV Team
Posts: 350
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:25 pm

Re: Best Jr High basketball teams this year?

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Word on the street is Webster girls gave up ONE point to the oaks tonight


The Voice of The Jeeps ......... on SEOPS
Swanker Pine 2 : Electric Boogaloo

The Ghost of Swanker
JV Team
Posts: 350
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:25 pm

Re: Best Jr High basketball teams this year?

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

1/15/21
SW @ Minford
7th 54-43 Jeeps.
#2 for Minford a heck of a shooter with 29pts. He was about the only offense for the falcons.
SW a very complete team. #0 and #5 a couple studs. Sorry I don’t know names. If anyone has a Jeeps roster for the JR High that’s be great. Would like to see the jr high forum come to life


The Voice of The Jeeps ......... on SEOPS
Swanker Pine 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Post Reply

Return to “Jr High Sports”