Best Jr High basketball teams this year?

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
Westfan
SEOP

Re: Best Jr High basketball teams this year?

Post by Westfan »

Huge difference between 8th and Varsity basketball. If you are gonna make the transition then guard is where you can because they can't be as physical with you out front.
Also playing on a good team or on a bad and having the confidence from the coaching staff to play means alot.
Lyntz has done well.
Montgomery could be thrown into a similar role next year with Crank. Montgomery is athleticly on another level from those guarding him this year. That will not be the case going forward but he is skilled enough to play

The Webster kid is skilled and has the length, but isn't ready for varsity unless he gets much stronger.

I think the league will look similar to the following next year:
1 Waverly should be the best team next year
2A Valley returns the entire team
2B West returns Dixon, Coleman, Sissel, Davis and a good JV
4A Wheelersburg with Swords and Sanderlin
4B Minford with Crank and Zimmerman
6. South Webster
7. Oak Hill
8A. Eastern
8B. Northwest

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

IMO, Montgomery will play varsity next year, he absolutely dominated the jr high level. I could also see Shoemaker playing varsity, especially if he continues to get stronger.

There is no way Robert's doesn't play varsity for Webster. This will be the first time that he wont be expected to do everything for his team, and it should help out his game

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Roberts is a 100% lock to start next year. Half court range and I’m thinking he’s going to be close to 6’6? Idk how y’all he is this season haven’t seen him in person since last year. If he bodies up he’ll be a threat in any gym. If he doesn’t, well we still need help. Playing with TZ next season will elevate his game to the next level.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Here’s to hoping SW takes basketball serious again at some point this decade. We’re gonna have the horses to compete unless we get poached

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Get poached? surely no one would take SW's best player again... good thing some of the other players have deep roots in websterville.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

SOC I junior high champs (8th grade): Notre Dame (undefeated). Dominated Symmes Valley in championship game. Real solid backcourt, will be tough out in D4 next few years. SOC I talent level really down overall at junior high level other than ND.

ND 7th grade boys also went undefeated this year, but no tourney.*

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

art_vandelay wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:14 pm SOC I junior high champs (8th grade): Notre Dame (undefeated). Dominated Symmes Valley in championship game. Real solid backcourt, will be tough out in D4 next few years. SOC I talent level really down overall at junior high level other than ND.

ND 7th grade boys also went undefeated this year, but no tourney.*
Good deal. Congrats to the Titans.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

transplant wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:32 am Get poached? surely no one would take SW's best player again... good thing some of the other players have deep roots in websterville.
Stranger things have happened.
Like more than a few good basketballers leaving OR electing not to play after playing a ton of varsity the year before.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:58 pm
transplant wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:32 am Get poached? surely no one would take SW's best player again... good thing some of the other players have deep roots in websterville.
Stranger things have happened.
Like more than a few good basketballers leaving OR electing not to play after playing a ton of varsity the year before.
That's not good, especially at a small school. Hope they keep kids and get some back.

bone1978
Waterboy

Post by bone1978 »

On the TVC front, the 7th grade was more competitive than the 8th IMO. Eastern has a couple nice groups. Same for River Valley. Southern had a great 7th grade group. Beat a nice split-squad Warren team to win the Nelsonville tourney. Pair them up with the freshman group at Southern this year in a few years and they may have something good.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”