little league

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
huedawg
JV Team

Re: little league

Post by huedawg »

slider00 wrote:Rock Hill's board has a lot of different people this year who want to focus on the children, unlike in the years past. I can't see how they have their "clicks" this year with different board members.

They do even more so than ever this year . Nothing but husbands and wives and there is no "checks and balance" system at all . Thats alright though as it will not be like that next year maybe even this year . Most dont know what is about to "go down" there on the hill .

softball10
Waterboy

Post by softball10 »

Rock Hill Board has learned real quick that it is hard to make decisions. I know how hard it has been on them and the same for other leagues I've been involved in. I hope the board sticks together for the sake of the kids. Quiting, is wrong and if you signed up for it this year then stick it out. The kids need each one of you. I say that not just to this league but to all leagues, it is hard but if you started it out it is up to you to get them through this year. It is too hard to bring other people in now. I feel if you quit, you should never be allowed on the board again or even in the league for that matter. If you can't be depended on then don't ask to be voted for down the road.
To "huedawg" don't go by what you hear, but if you have proof that this league is going to be hurt then you need to let people know. My kid plays in another league now, but has a lot of friends there and I don't want to see them hurt.

Peanut
JV Team

Post by Peanut »

Rock Hill is like every other league. Only a few do all the work and have to listen to all the complaining. We only had like 10 people at the board meeting to vote for boardmembers and now every one wants to complain over it. Everyone needs to help out, ask a member what you can do to make the league better. We all need to stick together, whether you are on the board or not to make this a good year for the kids. We have always been for the kids, past and present boards, but it is really hard when just a few is doing all the work. All the fields need worked on and like someone said earlier, there are a lot of rakes to go around. Pick up trash, just do whatever. Complaining, and bickering and arguing is not getting us anywhere. Please, everyone from Rock Hill, pitch in and help. Let's get these fields looking good. Grab a 4-wheeler if you have one or a rake and shovel and just go work on it. I love this league and these kids and just want people to get along and have fun.
Let's stay together and support the board and support our kids. Let us all agree to disagree and put the kids first.

slider00
Waterboy

Post by slider00 »

well said gapper, it seems like the ones that are complaining are the ones that are never around when something needs done, and then complains about how it doesn't get done right. If there are only 10 or 12 people that show up to the board meeting to vote in members, nobody can complain about who is on it. I do know that the Rock Hill Board has good intentions and we all need to work together for the kids.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

In our little town we don't have any problems at all. Of course we are a small town so there aren't as many teams and coaches, so I am sure that makes a difference.

I do know if you go down the road a little there always seems to be problems.( If you aint got money you aint nothing.)

It is a shame that things are like that though. I loved playing baseball growing up.

huedawg
JV Team

Post by huedawg »

gapper wrote:Rock Hill is like every other league. Only a few do all the work and have to listen to all the complaining. We only had like 10 people at the board meeting to vote for boardmembers and now every one wants to complain over it. Everyone needs to help out, ask a member what you can do to make the league better. We all need to stick together, whether you are on the board or not to make this a good year for the kids. We have always been for the kids, past and present boards, but it is really hard when just a few is doing all the work. All the fields need worked on and like someone said earlier, there are a lot of rakes to go around. Pick up trash, just do whatever. Complaining, and bickering and arguing is not getting us anywhere. Please, everyone from Rock Hill, pitch in and help. Let's get these fields looking good. Grab a 4-wheeler if you have one or a rake and shovel and just go work on it. I love this league and these kids and just want people to get along and have fun.
Let's stay together and support the board and support our kids. Let us all agree to disagree and put the kids first.

Well, if you and CP would come back it would be much better !

Peanut
JV Team

Post by Peanut »

Thank You. It's hard on me and I know CP to step back, but in our hearts we love this league and want it to move forward. We all have to find common ground and again agree to disagree. I would still do anything for the league and will still continue to pick up garbage and do whatever it takes to keep the fields looking good. We need people up there to work on these fields. If you know people, help me get some together and work on them. T-ball and minor league boys fields need some work. Girls field is doing better, we really need to get it leveled out and some more brick dust for it---only so much a few can do, everyone needs to step up for OUR KIDS and make this a great year for them.

kschug
Waterboy

Post by kschug »

RHNLL board is full of husbands and wives this year because NO ONE else bothered to show up and run for the board when it was time to elect board members. By the way, where were you? The reason why "stuff goes down on the hill" is because people would rather complain and talk behind other people's backs rather then STEP UP TO THE PLATE themselves. If RHNLL is ever going to succeed, then we (parents, coaches, board members and volunteers) need to stop the bickering amongst ourselves and come together for the advancement of the league. By working together and not against each other, we can focus on making our league the best it can be by working on problems rather than creating problems. To huedawg: why wait until next year? Step up to the plate this year. We could use your help not your criticism.

RH B Team Proud Parent
Waterboy

Post by RH B Team Proud Parent »

HUEDAWG: LET'S SEE BASEBALL SEASON HAS ONLY BEEN IN FOR 2 WEEKS NOW AND YOU ARE ALREADY COMPLAINING? WELL BASEBALL SEASON STARTED FOR ME BACK IN SEPTEMBER. I HAVE WORKED MY BUTT OFF TO HELP GET THE LEAGUE UP AND RUNNING AND HAVE PUT IN ALOT OF LATE NIGHT HOURS WORKING TO MAKE SURE THAT YOUR KID IS ABLE TO PLAY. HOW ABOUT INSTEAD OF HIDING BEHIND A KEYBOARD AND RUNNING YOUR MOUTH COME TO WORK DAY SCHEDULED FOR APRIL 4TH STARTING AT 10:00 AND BRING SHOVELS, RAKES, WEEDEATERS, AND WHATEVER ELSE YOU CAN TO HELP GET THE FIELDS IN TIP TOP SHAPE FOR ALL THE KIDS INCLUDING YOURS. I REALLY DON'T CARE WHAT MIGHT BE ABOUT TO "GO DOWN ON THE HILL" AS LONG AS THE KIDS ARE NOT HURT. I WOULD GLADLY HAND OVER MY JOB AND ALL THE DRAMA I DEAL WITH DAILY IF YOU THINK THAT YOU CAN DO ANY BETTER. ALSO YOU SHOULD KNOW BY NOW THAT VOTING FOR NEW BOARD MEMBERS IS IN SEPTEMBER EVERY YEAR AND I SUGGEST YOU BE THERE THIS YEAR TO GET YOUR VOTE IN SO NEXT YEAR WHEN THINGS DO NOT GO YOUR WAY THEN YOU WOULD ACTUALLY HAVE A REASON TO COMPLAIN. ACTUALLY I DON'T SEE WHERE YOU DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO COMPLAIN THIS YEAR SINCE YOU WAS NOT THERE TO CAST YOUR VOTE LAST SEPTEMBER. YES I WILL NOT DENY THAT ROCK HILL'S BOARD HAS ALOT OF "HUSBANDS AND WIVES" THIS YEAR BUT IF I FEEL STRONGLY ABOUT SOMETHING AND CAST MY VOTE THEN I CAST IT BY MY FEELINGS NOT MY HUSBAND'S AND VICE VERSA. I THINK THAT THIS YEARS BOARD HAS VERY GOOD INTENTIONS FOR THE KIDS BUT IT IS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT ALWAYS "STIR THE POT" THAT MAKE OTHER PEOPLE REGRET EVER BEING A PART OF THIS. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOUR "CHECKS AND BALANCES" STATEMENT IS REFERRING TO BUT IF YOU ARE REFERRING TO ME THEN YOU ARE VERY BADLY MISTAKEN. I AM PENNY FOR PENNY IN MY CHECKBOOK AND I BALANCED LAST YEARS BUDGET, IF YOU REMEMBER ON REGISTRATION DAY THERE WERE PLENTY OF BUDGET FORMS LYING AROUND FOR ANYONE TO LOOK AT. NOW AS FAR AS THE "CLICKS" COMMENT YES THERE ARE PEOPLE I LIKE AND THERE ARE PEOPLE I DON'T CARE FOR WHICH I HAVE NEVER BEEN ONE TO BE BASHFUL ABOUT MY FEELINGS. SO IF YOU WANT TO THINK IF THE BOARD IS FULL OF "CLICKS" THEN BE MY GUEST....NO MATTER WHAT IS SAID YOU HAVE YOUR THEORY AND I HAVE MINE. I JUST HAVE TO WONDER WHY IF YOU WANT TO "DOWNGRADE" THE SAME LEAGUE THAT YOUR KID PLAYS FOR THEN WHY WOULD YOU ALLOW YOUR CHILD TO BE PART OF THE PROGRAM? SHOULD YOU EVER WANT TO COME AND SEE MY "CHECKS AND BALANCES" YOU KNOW WHERE TO FIND ME

CHASTITY MCFANN
RHNLL/TREASURER

slider00
Waterboy

Post by slider00 »

:122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

I'll be there saturday!!!

Strikeout
Riding the Bench

Post by Strikeout »

Gapper,

Why dont you and C.B. take the Junior league girls team??
Alot of girls would like that and parents also.

Peanut
JV Team

Post by Peanut »

hahahaha!!! I was not approved to be a manager, remember!! C.B. has a 9-10 team and with all-stars after that will be real busy. Jill is also traveling. You know I love the girls and would help in anyway I could, but I couldn't be totally responsible. How is this J.R. League working? Was there enough JR League teams in Lawrence Co? I really think C.B.'s daughter would play Senior Lg. I thought G.D. was gonna take it?

Strikeout
Riding the Bench

Post by Strikeout »

They said there was going to be 5 teams of jr league.
I think he was going to take it but they keep putting him off. They wont be able to have a jun. league if they keep trying to take all the 8th graders up for senior. If they are not going to be competitive alot of girls wont play, And you know me I wont either.
Last edited by Strikeout on Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peanut
JV Team

Post by Peanut »

They need keep all 12 and 13 yr olds down for sure and then ask the 14 yr olds who wants to stay down and who wants to go up. I would say that most parents of those who are 12,13 and 14 should have a say so as to what division they want to play. Does he at least want the team if it is competitive? They definately should take all older girls up and let the others choose.

Strikeout
Riding the Bench

Post by Strikeout »

Iam sure he would. I just hope someone gets it that knows what they are doing. We need to get a Jr.high team started next year for sure, You notice I said we...lol!!!!!! lol!!!!!!!

Peanut
JV Team

Post by Peanut »

you "crack" me up. I would like to see a school sponsored middle school baseball/softball. It is really big in scioto county and I think if more ovc teams want this then we can get the school board to go for it. If it is sponsored they would hire coaches and I think that would be best. Again, I love the girls and would do what i could for them. You are a good coach, also, strike-out---I hope it all works out because I know it's in the best interest of these girls to play ball.

RH B Team Proud Parent
Waterboy

Strikeout wrote:They said there was going to be 5 teams of jr league.
I think he was going to take it but they keep putting him off. They wont be able to have a jun. league if they keep trying to take all the 8th graders up for senior. If they are not going to be competitive alot of girls wont play, And you know me I wont either.

STRIKEOUT: YOUR WRONG NO BOARD MEMBERS HAVE BEEN PUTTING G.D. OFF WE HAVE TOLD HIM SEVERAL TIMES TO COME AND FILL OUT HIS APPLICATION WHICH TO DATE HE STILL HAS NOT. AS OF RIGHT NOW NO ONE HAS PUT IN FOR A JR. LEAGUE COACH.....I JUST WANT TO CLEAR UP THIS MATTER ALSO BEFORE IT IS READ THE WRONG WAY FROM SOMEONE AND THEN THEY CAN START "COMPLAINING" YET ONE MORE TIME...

ALSO THERE IS ONLY 1 12 YR OLD WHO WANTED TO MOVE UP....WE HAVE A TOTAL OF 27 GIRLS (JUNIOR AND SENIOR) AND THERE WILL BE A DRAFT ON THEM AS WELL....YES GAPPER YOUR RIGHT ON THE 14 YR OLDS THEY WILL ALSO HAVE THE OPTION TO STAY DOWN OR MOVE UP JUST LIKE 12 YR. OLDS.....

kschug
Waterboy

Post by kschug »

The RH girls' senior league team will consist of all of the 16 & 15 year olds that signed up. That only makes a total of 7 players so the rest of the senior league team will have to be made up of 14 year olds that choose to play up. Some of the 8th graders that are being referred to happen to be league-age 14 year olds. The senior league team will be playing the more competitive schedule because there will be high school players on all of the teams. If someone is interested in coaching the junior league team then he or she needs to fill out the appropriate forms in order to coach. As of today, no one has put in for the junior league team.

GIVING MY 2 CENTS
Waterboy

Post by GIVING MY 2 CENTS »

wow sounds like RH has alot to deal with......Hey RH keep your head held high sounds like from reading all the posts that you are in it for the kids but sometimes it only takes a few to ruin the whole season :)

don't worry about it to much just focus on the kids they are what it is all about anyways ;-)

RH B Team Proud Parent
Waterboy

//// wrote:If you display an attitude like this at board meetings and other league functions no wonder nobody else wants to be on the board or help out. :roll:

IF YOU ARE SPEAKING OF ME BEING TRUTHFUL THEN SO BE IT....AS THE SAYING GOES "TRUTH HURTS"....ACTUALLY WE HAVE ALOT OF PEOPLE WILLING TO HELP OUT AND DO WHAT THEY CAN AND I APPRECIATE THEM AND THEY KNOW IT BUT IT IS THE "POT STIRRERS" THAT KEEP THE TROUBLE GOING.....AND YES IF I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY "GOOD OR BAD" I SAY IT....I HAVE THE SAME FREEDOM OF SPEECH AS YOU DO OR ANYONE ELSE...BUT WHEN PEOPLE TALK ABOUT BOARD MEMBERS AND SINCE I AM A BOARD MEMBER THEN I HAVE THE RIGHT TO DEFEND MYSELF....FUNNY THING IS I HAVE BEEN THE ONLY ONE SO FAR TO ACTUALLY SIGN MY NAME TO MY STATEMENTS :oops:

CHASTITY MCFANN

JUST IT EASE YOUR MIND WE STILL HAVE SEVERAL PEOPLE WANTING TO BE PART OF OUR BOARD :122245 ....

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”