Ironton 7th and 8th Grade Baseball

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
pan-ger
Waterboy

Ironton 7th and 8th Grade Baseball

Post by pan-ger »

Ironton has a 7th and 8th grade baseball team with a 15 game schedule for the spring season. The 8th grade team has 16 players and the 7th grade has 14 players. They are a good solid bunch of young men who are interested in baseball. Many have been in the Ironton Little League system since most of them were 5 and 6 years old. The 8th grade team has several who have Jr. League experience and four played on the Jr. League All-Star team as 13 year olds. We have a good group of pitchers and the whole team has hit the ball well in practice. We have a deep bench and and many players are able to play several positions on the field. Many of boys played football and basketball for Ironton as well, so they are an athletic group. The season starts March 31 and ends the middle of May.

PLEASANTFLYER
JV Team

Re: Ironton 7th and 8th Grade Baseball

Post by PLEASANTFLYER »

Who's coaching the 7th and 8th grade teams this year.?

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

I believe Rick McMasters is coaching one if not both of the teams.

Fr Glockner
Riding the Bench

Post by Fr Glockner »

pan-ger

Is this Jr. High baseball something new? Do all of the county schools (CG, RH, SV, Chesaepeake, Fairland, SP, and ISJ) have a team?

MONEY
Riding the Bench

Post by MONEY »

Ironton and Coal Grove have had it for 3 or 4 years. Fairland had it for 2 years I think.

Those are the only schools in Lawrence Co.

Clay, Green, Minford, Notre Dame, Portsmouth, South Webster, Valley, West, and Wheelersburg from Scioto Co.

Jackson and Oak Hill

Russell, Greenup Co., and I think East Carter in Ky.

These schools have grouped together to play and some even play in the First Capital league out of Chillicothe

Jr. High softball is also on the upswing for the girls.

I think this is being started to get kids interested to continue into high school.

games usually double headers on the weekends and one or two during the week.

burgsport22
Waterboy

Post by burgsport22 »

i kno burg has a 7th and 8th grade team bc i was up at their fields watching them practice and they said they play ironton second game of the season

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”