jr high scores

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Re: jr high scores

Post by ManitouDan »

thanks buckeye IF Harr is back for Valley they are 100% capable of winning this tourney as a low seed. plenty of good players --just need pitching.

If Ironton and West move thru their 1st round it should set up an outstanding matchup. I'd expect nothing more than 1 or 2 runs to separate them . Pitching on both sides is very strong. MD

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

Post by The_Sports_Junky »

Oak Hill over East.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

anyone play this weekend?

buckeye83
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeye83 »

South Webster beat Coal Grove,didnt get the score.Webster will be coming to West
Mon. @ 6:00 pm. Should be a good game

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Wheekersbrg's junior high squad defeated host Gallipolis Sunday, 10-8 and was on top 5-0 going into the 7th inning. of the second game.

Gallipolis dropped to 7-6 on the year. Wheelersburg remined unbeaten with a 20-0 record.

In the first game, Gallipolis led 8-6 going into the last inning, but The Burg, unbeatedn in two seasons, rallied for the win.

In the second game, Wheelersburg scored five runs in the first two innings. The visitors turned back repeated threats by the young Blue Devils.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Hey Jottings help me out here-- what Wheelersburg team did you face ? The burg team that plays in the junior high league here in our county has lost several times last year and this year. (my team swept a DH from them this year) just wondering what team this might have been and where you got that 20-0 record from -- Was Chris Blair the head coach ? MD

buckeye83
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeye83 »

West 4

South Webster 0

would like to know if Oak Hill & Ironton have played,if so who won?

did Notre Dame & Valley ever play if so who won?

i cant imagine why some of these games are not being played,someone please explain this to everyone

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Talked to a couple 7th-8th grade parents from WB.

West Side Pride
All Conference

West beat wheelersburg a couple weeks ago, not sure of the score.
Like 6 to 0.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

buckeye83 --ND -Valley game is on for tues pm at 6;30 at ND . I think Harr is back pitching valley will be tough to beat --I'd say they were the best hitting team we faced this year. should be a good one. MD

When is Ironton -West scheduled ?

Jottings--someone most have been pulling your leg . Burg is over 500 but has lost a few times They are a # 4 or 5 seed in our 12 team tourney.

SPANKY
Freshman Team

Post by SPANKY »

Ironton played Oak Hill last night and it was:

Ironton 3
Oak Hill 0

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

How many junior high teams do they have at Wheelersburg? Gallia's junior high team is not a school sponsored program, it's done by volunteers.

I talked with some parents and fans, and they all said the same thing. The Burg was 20-0 this spring and unbeaten in 2008.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

our league , including w-burg is NOT school sponsored , we are "Club" ball. I'm only aware of W-burg having one Jr High Team , it has a mix of 7th -8th graders coached by Chris Blair. Their pitcher is Kathleen Shroud. Catcher / 3rd base would have been Rachael Blair. Sound like same team ? Haley Thompson would have been hitting in the 3 or 4 hole . Maybe you played a 5-6th grade team ? --they have a great group of female athelets at that age group ?

The 7th -8th grade team both last year and this year has lost several times. not bad at all but they do have a few L's. MD

West Side Pride
All Conference

Jottings is more than likely been talking to boys parents.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

west side pride --thanks for clearing that up- the WB boys jr high is undefeated , my nephew plays on that team. I knew there had to be an explanation --those burg parents don't lie about how good they are LOLOLOLOLOLOL

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

ND over Valley 4-0 . M Pauley was just lights out with speed and location last night . Threw a 1 hitter against a team that hits as well as anyone in the league . K Stevenson went 3-3 with a single,doub, and a trip. Good team effort by ND , girls had solid at bats.

Clay over W-burg , don't know score. Looking to set up game with Clay early on thursday around 4pm. West -Ironton is the other semi-final. Hopefully if schedules allow both games can be played at ND .

West Side Pride
All Conference

West beat a very good Ironton team tonite 5 to 1.
Good job girls!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

very good win West --getting 5 runs off their ace is no small feat. Clay-- ND is on for sat at 11am . MD

buckeye83
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeye83 »

i heard the ND & Clay game was changed to a different time?

any truth to that MD?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

clay can't be there at any time on sat --have to play on sunday . (we can't play friday kids have a dance previously scheduled that starts at 7. Can't play early after school , clay's coach is at work) ) I guess West will get the clay-ND winner on mon , or tues or whenever everyone can hook up. (never should have drug out this long but weather has been tough ) MD

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”