Boys 11-12 At Lucasville

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
Trojanbuckeye
Riding the Bench

Re: Boys 11-12 At Lucasville

Post by Trojanbuckeye »

One comment on the whole SP coach suspension...You didn't have a problem with it last year when the EXACT same thing happened to Portsmouth. Our coach had the exact same situation and he was forced out for 2 games. No one seemed to care then because it was Portsmouth. At least they just let the coach set out and don't force the team to forfeit.

By the way, Portsmouth won tonight over West 7-6
West is out of the tourney

Burg beat Valley 10-0
Valley is out of the tourney

don't know about Ironton-Chillicothe
loser will be out of tourney

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Until recently, I didn't know the exact same thing had happened to Portsmouth last year. Had I known when it happened I would have felt/reacted in the same manner.

I know that in the past Little League International ruled a forfeit in such situations and I feel they still should. I think this punishment is too weak and it does no justice to those managers who follow the rules.

baseball fan
Waterboy

Post by baseball fan »

Does anyone know the score of Ironton and Chillicothe?

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

BlindWhiteHat wrote:Until recently, I didn't know the exact same thing had happened to Portsmouth last year. Had I known when it happened I would have felt/reacted in the same manner.

I know that in the past Little League International ruled a forfeit in such situations and I feel they still should. I think this punishment is too weak and it does no justice to those managers who follow the rules.

Blind White Hat you did know last year that it happened here is your quote from last year. "Have the rules changed about getting a team's players in the game? I didn't know that a win could stand if all players didn't fulfill the minimum requirements." You posted this last year on 11-12 thread.

ccw
Waterboy

Post by ccw »

BlindWhiteHat wrote:I'm sure it's stated in the rule book that if the home team is leading after 5 1/2 innings, the home team does not bat. Why in the world would anyone want to allow a team to bat again when the outcome is already determined?

Funny statement at the end of that last post hoping the kids take what they see on the field with them into life after baseball. In this case that lesson could be that sometimes the reward is worth breaking the rules when the punishment isn't harsh enough. Bad lesson if you ask me.

I am not surprised that you think it is a bad lesson considering you seem to always go toward the negative. If you would have read my last statement, I was talking about the overall experience of being on a team and how valuable it can be for kids. I choose to take the high road and focus on the positive in every situation. From what I see on this forum, I am reminded that it is difficult to reason with an unreasonable person who just likes to argue. By the way, did Ironton win tonight- shouldn't you be more focused on them?

buckeye221
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye221 »

Goodluck South Point tomorrow against South Webster! GO POINTERS!!! You guys are doing such an awesome job so far! :122245

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

I've been at Ironton with the girls 11-12 year old district tourney so I haven't had much chance to keep up with what Ironton's 11-12's are doing but I heard they were winning earlier today.

So I guess I'm unreasonable and like to argue because I disagree with a ruling from Little League International?

According to your research I guess I did know that it happened last year. I must have forgotten. I do get a kick in the differences between that situation last year and this one. Last year it was a person from SP who was quick to point out that another manager didn't get all their players in but not one South Point person came on here this year to point out their manager did the same thing. Also, last year no one from Portsmouth felt the need to defend their manager and go on and on about how it didn't matter that all their players didn't play. Not exactly the case this year was it?

buckeye221
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye221 »

BlindWhiteHat wrote:Great, so how about using those powers to make sure all managers are able to get their kids in the game without affecting the outcomes.

And you keep telling yourself that the only way Wheelersburg could have possibly lost is because that one kid didn't get his at bat...

I agree the coach made a mistake. If the punishment is too weak then take it up with people who actually have the power to change the outcome instead of venting here. Right or wrong its not going to change anything...its a losing battle.

Those kids worked hard to win the game and its sad that a bunch of adults can't handle it and all the sudden want to be the moral police. Its ridiculous to think that the SP coach did this on purpose, and obviously those in control of making the final decision feel the same way about the situation. There is a lot of ball left to play...goodluck South Point!

buckeye221
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye221 »

I wonder if the powers that be have thought about changing the rule back to how it used to be......when there was no playing time rule at all in all-stars? I remember when it was like that. I thought it taught the kids how to work hard and earn their playing time.

I see the pros and cons to both situations...

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

I agree 100%. Mandatory play is a good idea but coaches have found ways around it by shortening their rosters. In my opinion, all mandatory play has done is cut out 2 or 3 kids from making an all-star team.

I don't think LL will ever go back to the rule without mandatory play. They have tried to solve the problem by limiting the number of coaches a team can have based on the number of players on a roster but that hasn't encouraged teams to carry more than about 12 players per team.

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

Daggone ya'll are beating a dead horse to a double death!!!
Williamsport ruled already.
Write them a letter expressing your views. Let it go on here already!

Scores Please.

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

dowgg, any chance Portsmouth vs. Burg will be webcast by wnxt? I know way back in the day Wnxt or Wpay one would brodcast Portsmouths all star games.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

oldtrojan wrote:Daggone ya'll are beating a dead horse to a double death!!!
Williamsport ruled already.
Write them a letter expressing your views. Let it go on here already!

Scores Please.

If you don't like it, don't read it.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Tonight we have:
South Point vs South Webster
Rock Hill vs. Chesapeake

In the losers bracket Fairland vs Minford

all games are at 5:30

Records so far
Winner's Bracket
Chesapeake 1-0
Rock Hill 2-0
South Point 2-0
South Webster 1-0

In the Loser's Bracket:
Fairland 1-1
Minford 1-1
Portsmouth 2-1
Wheelersburg 1-1
Chillicothe 0-1 ?
Ironton 0-1 ?
West Portsmouth 1-2 eliminated
Coal Grove 0-2 eliminated
Green 0-2 eliminated
Lucasville 0-2 eliminated

I think all of these are right please correct if I am wrong.

baseball!
Waterboy

Post by baseball! »

Wheelersburg is 2-1.

baseball!
Waterboy

Post by baseball! »

x
Last edited by baseball! on Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stryker
Riding the Bench

Post by Stryker »

;-)

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Tonights games Fairland 3-2 over Minford, Falcons are now eliminated, South Point 2-1 over Webster,
Peake 3-2 over Rock Hill

Records so far:
Winner's Bracket
Chesapeake 2-0
South Point 3-0

In the Loser's Bracket:
Rock Hill 2-1
South Webster 1-1
Fairland 2-1
Minford 1-2 eliminated
Portsmouth 2-1
Wheelersburg 2-1
Chillicothe 0-2 eliminated
Ironton 1-1
West Portsmouth 1-2 eliminated
Coal Grove 0-2 eliminated
Green 0-2 eliminated
Lucasville 0-2 eliminated

I think all of these are right please correct if I am wrong.

Sat. morning at 10 South Point vs. Peake , Ironton vs. Fairland, and Portmouth vs. Burg.
Thanks Baseball fan for the correction. I was going off memory and trying to save a trip out to the car! :122249
Last edited by osumufan on Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

baseball fan
Waterboy

Post by baseball fan »

July 4, 10:00 South Point vs. Chesapeake, Ironton vs. Fairland, Portsmouth vs. Wheelersburg

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

Some really good games tonight! All three games went down to the last batter.

For the 'Peake, Bias was in control on the mound for most of the first five innings and had the games biggest hit, a two run blast in the first inning. But Rock Hill hung tough and held the Panthers scoreless after the 3rd inning. After a Panther pitching change, a solo blast by Depriest in the top of the sixth pulled the Redmen to within one. However, a failed attempt at a delayed steal of third cost the Redmen the second out and Arthur enticed the Redmen's #3 hitter (Cox?) to bounce out to Webb at second for the final out of the game. Final, Panthers 3, Redmen 2.

Some aggressive baserunning on Rock Hill's part that resulted in outs during the game was certainly a factor in the end result, but the Panthers deserve credit for making the defensive plays at critcal times to keep the Redmen off the board.

To Rock Hill, you guys are tough. You certainly look and play the part of a very strong team. Our Panthers I don't think will intimidate anyone when they take the field and are dominated by 11 year olds this year. But they are a scrappy bunch and have learned to play every game like it's their last. We rely on solid pitching, consistent defense and hopefully a timely hit or two to scratch out some wins. We're proud of our Panthers!

Good luck to all that are still in the tourney. There are some great games coming up. Play well and have fun boys!!

'Peake vs. South Point, 10:00am

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”