Boys 11-12 At Lucasville

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Re: Boys 11-12 At Lucasville

Post by oldtrojan »

BlindWhiteHat wrote:
oldtrojan wrote:Daggone ya'll are beating a dead horse to a double death!!!
Williamsport ruled already.
Write them a letter expressing your views. Let it go on here already!

Scores Please.

If you don't like it, don't read it.

I will read what I please and comment the way I want to. This subject has been beat to death and the outcome will not change.
I personally would like to hear more about the games and scores, and also about the individules,teams performances.
I leave it at that.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

PORTSMOUTH IS PUT OUT OF THE TORNEY TODAY, LOSING TO B URG ON A SCORE OF 4 TO 1.

GOD LUCK TO bURG

south point won and put chesapeake out, I think the score was 10 to 1,or 11 to 1.....

god luck to south point, "who has a great team"

did not make it to the back field to se the other teams...

gogrove9
JV Team

Post by gogrove9 »

I think that Chesapeake only has 1 loss now so that will put them in the losers bracket. the winner coming out of the losers bracket will face South point for the championship.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

oldtrojan wrote:I will read what I please and comment the way I want to.

Same here.

2ndchance
Riding the Bench

Post by 2ndchance »

Any report on the Ironton vs. Fairland game ?

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Failrland won I think it was 4-3 or maybe 5-3. Ironton is eliminated. South Point won 14-3. South Point had two homeruns and now has had 5 different kids hit homers in this tournament. Peake does have one loss and will meet the winners of Rock Hill/ Burg and Webster/ Fairland. Both games are Monday at 5:30.

Records so far:
Winner's Bracket

South Point 4-0

In the Loser's Bracket:
Peake 2-1
Rock Hill 2-1
South Webster 1-1
Fairland 3-1
Minford 1-2 eliminated
Portsmouth 2-2 eliminated
Wheelersburg 3-1
Chillicothe 0-2 eliminated
Ironton 2-2 eliminated
West Portsmouth 1-2 eliminated
Coal Grove 0-2 eliminated
Green 0-2 eliminated
Lucasville 0-2 eliminated

I think all of these are right please correct if I am wrong.

ccw
Waterboy

Whos going to make it?

Post by ccw »

osumufan wrote:Failrland won I think it was 4-3 or maybe 5-3. Ironton is eliminated. South Point won 14-3. South Point had two homeruns and now has had 5 different kids hit homers in this tournament. Peake does have one loss and will meet the winners of Rock Hill/ Burg and Webster/ Fairland. Both games are Monday at 5:30.

Records so far:
Winner's Bracket

South Point 4-0

In the Loser's Bracket:
Peake 2-1
Rock Hill 2-1
South Webster 1-1
Fairland 3-1
Minford 1-2 eliminated
Portsmouth 2-2 eliminated
Wheelersburg 3-1
Chillicothe 0-2 eliminated
Ironton 2-2 eliminated
West Portsmouth 1-2 eliminated
Coal Grove 0-2 eliminated
Green 0-2 eliminated
Lucasville 0-2 eliminated

I think all of these are right please correct if I am wrong.

:122245 South Point looked really good today. EVERY player hit the ball. The pitcher hit three triples and one double; Two players hit HRs, and the rest had 1B, 2B, 3Bs throughout the line up. BIG hitters throughout the line up - about every third player has homered in the tournament!!!.

The Peakes short stop - Bias is a terrific player as well! Can cover a lot of ground and can hit the ball.

For all of the Yankee Fans out there....... Today Derek Jeter helped Major League Baseball commemorate the 70th anniversary of Lou Gehrig's luckiest man speech, reading the famous line from the icon's stirring words.
The Yankees also placed a wreath of red, white and blue flowers by Gehrig's plaque in Monument Park and made a $25,000 donation to Major League Baseball's "4 (diamond) ALS" initiative, an effort to raise awareness of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis - the disease that forced Gehrig out of baseball in 1939 and took his life two years later. PRETTY COOL if you ask me! Now if they could pull ahead of the Red Sox they will be doing fine!!!!

WHO DO YOU LIKE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP AGAINST THE POINTERS?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

South Point looks to be the team to beat,...Impressed me both times I seen them play...

buckeye221
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye221 »

Way to go Pointers!!! What an outstanding group of boys that are so talented and well supported! One more win! One more win!

Keep focused until Friday...goodluck to the rest in the losers bracket!

GO BIG BLUE!!!

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

Dowgg, and osumufan,
Thanks for the updates. They are appreciated.

Good luck to all district 11 teams. I would love to see anyone of them especially, a Scioto County team represented in Williamsport.

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

Agreed that the Pointers were very tough yesterday. Every hitter puts the ball in play. Whitt was very solid and physically intimidating on the mound.

Unfortunately, the Panthers defense was not up to the task, turning several routine outs into doubles and triples. The Panthers are better than the 14-3 score showed yesterday, and hopefully the next game will prove that out. The Panther kids are young, 7 of 9 starters are 11 year olds, so all of this is something to build on for next year.

I don't see anyone beating the Pointers 2 in a row, but I haven't seen all the teams play. 'Burg is always a tough out, so we'll see.

The Panthers are regrouping this week, wounded but still strong! They'll be ready for Thursday. Good luck 'Burg, Rock Hill, Fairland and South Webster. We'll see one of you Thursday night.

And Pointers, we'd really like another shot so sit tight!

Rambaldi
Waterboy

Post by Rambaldi »

pantherdad wrote:Agreed that the Pointers were very tough yesterday. Every hitter puts the ball in play. Whitt was very solid and physically intimidating on the mound.

Unfortunately, the Panthers defense was not up to the task, turning several routine outs into doubles and triples. The Panthers are better than the 14-3 score showed yesterday, and hopefully the next game will prove that out. The Panther kids are young, 7 of 9 starters are 11 year olds, so all of this is something to build on for next year.

I don't see anyone beating the Pointers 2 in a row, but I haven't seen all the teams play. 'Burg is always a tough out, so we'll see.

The Panthers are regrouping this week, wounded but still strong! They'll be ready for Thursday. Good luck 'Burg, Rock Hill, Fairland and South Webster. We'll see one of you Thursday night.

And Pointers, we'd really like another shot so sit tight!

I like Rock Hill to come out of the losers bracket ~ good players with big hearts. All teams could do it. Good luck to all.............

ccw
Waterboy

Game up dates

Post by ccw »

7/6 Monday:

Fairland 4 Chapman pitched
South Webster 1

Rock Hil 4
Burg 7 Pitchers used: Holbrook, Rowe, Howard

Looks like it is the 'Burg versus Fairland tomorrow evening!

Winner of Tuesdays game to play the 'Peake on Thursday.

SJK
Waterboy

Post by SJK »

I hate to dig up a dead horse but I have a question on the mandatory play time. Is this every child on the roster has to play 6 consecutive outs and one at bat or just the subs? My granddaughter played at Coal Grove today, I know we lost, but we had two girls that didn't get to bat, they did started the game but never batted.

ccw
Waterboy

Playing time

Post by ccw »

SJK wrote:I hate to dig up a dead horse but I have a question on the mandatory play time. Is this every child on the roster has to play 6 consecutive outs and one at bat or just the subs? My granddaughter played at Coal Grove today, I know we lost, but we had two girls that didn't get to bat, they did started the game but never batted.

In the boys tourney everyone has to play a minimum of 3 consecutive outs and get one at bat.
I am not really sure about the girls........ :12222 OSUMUFan - I think you know about the girls, right?

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Girls rule is the same. Each player must play 3 outs in the field and complete 1 at bat.

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

Good to see that Chapman has recovered from the bump on the head he got Friday.

Also nice to see 3 Lawrence County teams in the final 4. And of course, the 'Burg usually plays a part in determining the District champ.

The 'Peake has no preferences.. We know a lot of the boys playing for the Dragons. As far as Wheelersburg goes, if the Panthers were going to pick a monumental task to be remembered for, winning 3 in a row against the Pirates and the Pointers would be as good as any.

I'll be in Wheelersburg with the 9/10s tomorrow night, but we'll have a few "scouts" on hand to check out the 'Burg/Fairland action up in the Valley. Good luck teams and the Panthers will see one of you Thursday night, prowlin' and growlin'!

SJK
Waterboy

Post by SJK »

If each kid has to bat each time then why wasn't the manager of this team suspended like the SP coach? The officials were told she didn't bat all her players. Is there a difference if you win? Win or lose play by the same rules!

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

The opposing team must file a protest before any punishment would be handed out. Most times, if a team wins, they will not pursue a protest against the other team as they have nothing to gain.

SJK
Waterboy

Post by SJK »

But rules are rules. Why is the punishment any different? It says each kid has to bat.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”