Boys 11-12 At Lucasville

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
osumufan
SE

Re: Boys 11-12 At Lucasville

Post by osumufan »

Was the game a mercy? The rule doesn't apply then. Also the other team needs to file a protest and that only happens in a loss. Coaches for the most part just get caught up in the game and make decisions that may get them in trouble later on. Why would you want to get your own coach in trouble? I went back and read where they started I am still confused how they didn't get to bat if they started the game and it went 4 innings? If they were starters they shouldn't have been taken out of the game until they fulfilled both an at bat and the 3 defensive outs?

SJK
Waterboy

Post by SJK »

The game was a mercy, but if you can't get all your kids in then you need to shorten your roster. Each kid comes to the game expecting to bat thats the rule. I don't know why she didn't get them into bat because each one started the game.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

When I coached if I did not get all of my kids into the game because of a mercy I would always start them the next game and make sure they played double what they should have played in the mercy game. In all stars that would have meant 6 outs and two at bats. :? I still don't think that they legally could have came out of the game to begin with if they hadn't batted and were a starter? :? The official score keeper should have told them that. :? :?

salemcat
JV Team

Post by salemcat »

If the game is a mercy rule, then I am sure that both teams ended up with players that did not get to bat. Why not agree to count the score as the final score, and then play an additional 2-3 innings to get the others some playing time.

Peanut
JV Team

Post by Peanut »

If the girls started the game, then obviously they were taken out before they had their at bat. Each girl must complete mandatory playing time before being taken out of the game. If they didn't start and the game was mercied then this would not apply. Either way, their team is out. If the team had won, then I bet the coach would of been suspended even if the game wasn't protested by the district.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

The District does not protest games. Only the opposing team can file a protest.

The official scorer could have told the coach that it was not legal to take out a starter before batting if he/she caught it.

2ndchance
Riding the Bench

Post by 2ndchance »

Burg over Fairland tonight in a crazy game . 15 to 12 come back win for Burg. Fairland was up 10 to 1 after 1 inning. Good job Pirates and hats off to Fairland.

ccw
Waterboy

Post by ccw »

2ndchance wrote:Burg over Fairland tonight in a crazy game . 15 to 12 come back win for Burg. Fairland was up 10 to 1 after 1 inning. Good job Pirates and hats off to Fairland.

Crazy game - you've got that right.... Burg coach protesting, teams chanting & screaming, parents fighting (and acting the worst-cursing, yelling at each other across the field) - C...R...A...Z...Y! :122246 Fairland just quit playing after the early lead (10-1 in the first). Looks as if Burg has used at least their first 3 pitchers (Roe, May, Holbrook) who won't be eligible for Thursday. Howard will be available for Thursday and Roe on Friday.

Looks like a good game for Thursday - Bias for the Panthers and Howard for the Pirates. SP should have all pitchers ready after the long weeks rest. Should be interesting..................

jmkle3636
Waterboy

Post by jmkle3636 »

Don't you think burg will pitch Conn tonight?

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

I heard Wheelersburg won tonight which puts them in the finals.

jtd
Waterboy

Post by jtd »

The Burg won 7-2

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

Whose left in this tourny, and when/who is the next game. Thanks in advance.

baseball!
Waterboy

Post by baseball! »

South Point vs Wheelersburg tomorrow at 5:30. If South Point wins they are the champions if they lose the teams play each other again on Saturday.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

going to be hard for any team to beat south point two games in a row....

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

South Point vs Wheelersburg tomorrow at 5:30. If South Point wins they are the champions if they lose the teams play each other again on Saturday.

Thanks baseball!, I appreciate the info.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

South Point 4
Wheelersburg 3

South Point came back from a 3-1 deficit in the top of the sixth to take the lead at 4-3 and held on for the victory. Excellent game by both teams!

Congratulations to the Pointers!

District 11 Champs!!!

Good Luck at State!

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Way to go Pointers! Glad it didn't have to go to a second game! Awesome way to keep your composure when you were down and not let it get to you. Great comeback! Good Luck at Tallmadge!

ccw
Waterboy

looking ahead......

Post by ccw »

South Point will play on July 25th against District 5 which includes MT VERNON ...... ALL STARS........... :12222 :12222

The Regional tourney for the Great Lakes Region (which includes OH) will be held in Indy, IN on Aug 7th.

The regional tourney at CK includes the south eastern region (WV, AL, etc)

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

Just wanted to say "Good Luck" to the Pointers. You boys have a solid team. Do Lawrence County proud!

And to the Panthers...you made a good run this year. With seven starters coming back, if you will continue to work hard, you can win this district! But you have to want it and have to commit to getting better. And remember, champions have a champion's attitude. The traditional "powers" of this district expect to win every year. You have to believe in yourselves first, even if no one else does.

All District 11 teams, keep playing ball! In less than a year, we'll be doing this all again!

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”