Jr. High basketball programs

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
falconfan86
Riding the Bench

Re: Jr. High basketball programs

Post by falconfan86 »

Jackson 8th grade is a good team, they have a great shooter in Ridout, she is still there correct? and Poe in the middle, they will definitely be a good scrimmage for Minford, better not play zone against Ridout, she will light em up about 2 ft behind the 3 pt line..and as far as winning the state, does it really matter what division? Either way you are playing some good talent..between 7th and 8th grade year you start having alot of improvement from other players and lack of improvement from some, so it will be an different look for most 8th grade teams , you can't always base it on last years 7th grade, but good luck Lady Falcons and to Gary Gambill and the boys..

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

Coach Gambill and Pertuset will have both there grades competing for the county/conference..... IMO

balln777
Waterboy

Post by balln777 »

the jackson 8 th grade girls are very good. if i remember correctly they also have several other good players. we played against some of them in aau. there is a couple of guards i think Hoover and Willis. both are good ball handlers and excillent shooters from any where on the court.

Tall One
Freshman Team

Post by Tall One »

Logan 7th grade girls will be strong. 7 of the girls have 23 seasons of AAU ball between them. Not bad for alot of 12 and 13 year olds. Thanks Tuck.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

The Portsmouth 8th grade upgraded its roster with the addition of Dakota Smith, who transferred from Notre Dame........Smith is projected to be a starter for the Trojans. With the additions of Cody Stapleton from Sciotoville and Smith, the 8th grade boys should have a really good year.

salemcat
JV Team

Post by salemcat »

bobcats61 wrote:Jackson 7th and 8th Grade girls will scrimmage the Minford Falcons in November.

When, where and time?

J-Bird
Freshman Team

Post by J-Bird »

Piketon's 7th grade girls team should be really good this year. Not sure what the 8th grade has, but the Piketon 7th grade girls has a chance to be one of the better teams in the area.

BasketballFan1
Riding the Bench

Post by BasketballFan1 »

Waverly has a very nice 8th grade team. Got to watch them scrimmage against Western. In the same scrimmage, Westerns 7th grade beat Waverlys 7th. Western has a very nice group of 7th graders.

As for 8th grade, I know in the SOC 1 Notre Dame has the best team in the league. They went undeated last season with not much of a test. Clay also has a decent 8th grade team.

Easterns 8th grade team should be improved. They got a lot better as last season went on.

I mostly keep up on the Pike County teams, but I got a chance to watch a few other team last season, Hopefully I can catch a few more teams this year.

bball009
Waterboy

Post by bball009 »

playing2win wrote:Keep your eyes on Eastern Reedsville 8th grade girls. They have 5 girls that played AAU ball this summer and went undefeated last year. They are also going for an undefeated volleyball season tonight at Trimble.

Yes, WATCH OUT!
5 players playing aau ball.
4 of the 5 girls played on aau teams that finsihed 5th and 15th at division 1 aau nationals.
Burdette girl, best player in the area. Shoot, Drive, plays the D.
Jordan Parker, getting alot better. Improving her shot.
And two girls i believe are cousins.
One a big girl, very nice post moves..big improvment
and the other started on on her aau team(wv thunder- lewis) at nationals and was a very nice role player for them.
btw their 5 startes are all atleast 5'8" and a few pushing 6'.

osubuckeyes2013
Waterboy

Post by osubuckeyes2013 »

chillicothe 8th grade pretty strong. Have two big kids in johnson and taylor who are very strong this year

dmills
Riding the Bench

Post by dmills »

jethro gibbs wrote:The Peebles 8th grade girls should be strong this year.

how about the boys JETHRO lol

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”