SW Biddy Ball Holiday Tournament Under New Direction

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
SWBiddyBall
Waterboy

SW Biddy Ball Holiday Tournament Under New Direction

Post by SWBiddyBall »

The South Webster Biddy Ball Program is under new direction with a board of parents and coaches.
We will be having a couple tournaments after the first of the year. We look forward to having all the teams participate. We would like to put last year behind us and show the rest of the schools that we can run a tournament for these youngsters. So here are the preliminary dates (dependent on number of teams), for the tournaments.

5th and 6th Grade Boy and Girls - Jan. 11th thru 17th
$100.00 entry fee.
Double elimination
Trophies for 1st and 2nd Place.

3rd and 4th Grade Boys and Girls - Feb. 8th thru 14th
$100.00 entry fee.
Double elimination
Trophies for 1st and 2nd Place.

Contact person will be myself, Jason Watson.
I can be reached through e-mail at southwebsterbiddyball@yahoo.com, or by phone at 740-357-3495.

SWBiddyBall
Waterboy

Re: SW Biddy Ball Holiday Tournament Under New Direction

Post by SWBiddyBall »

Some more information on both tournaments.

Depending on number of teams entered will determine if games are needed during the week. If there are games needed during the week, I will schedule the closest teams for those games in respect to the teams that may have to travel longer.

We will have paid officials at the games.

Games will be played in the High School and Jr. High gyms. Any overflow games will take place in the elementary gym.

For the 5th/6th Grade tournament I need to have team confirmation and rosters by Christmas and the entry fee will need to be paid by Jan. 4th. You will not play in the tournament if the entry fee is not paid.

For the 3rd/4th Grade tournament I need to have team confirmation and rosters by Jan. 22nd and the entry fee will need to be paid by Feb. 1st. You will not play in the tournament if the entry fee is not paid.

Checks for the entry fee can be made payable to: South Webster Biddy Ball and sent to myself at:
Jason Watson
P.O. Box 388
South Webster, OH 45682
ATTN: South Webster Biddy Ball

Looking forward to having all the team there.
Thanks,
Jason Watson

SWBiddyBall
Waterboy

Post by SWBiddyBall »

Some more information on both of the South Webster tournaments.

Schools will be allowed to enter an A and B team seperately in each bracket. Entry confirmation, roster, and fee are due for each team.

A player will not be able to play on both teams. No exceptions!

All players must have a number on their jersey or shirt. No exceptions!

Remember, these tournaments are for the players to enjoy and learn in a friendly and safe environment.

Any player, coach, or parents that displays foul behavior or language towards the referees, other players, coaches, or parents may ejected from the game or removed from the premises.

I want the schools, teams, and parents to enjoy these tournaments. Looking forward to seeing all the teams compete and have fun.
Thanks,
Jason Watson

SWBiddyBall
Waterboy

Post by SWBiddyBall »

New information on tournaments:
I can only take 10 teams in each bracket and currently the numbers including home team), are:
5th/6th Grade Boys - 3
5th/6th Grade Girls - 5

3rd/4th Grade Boys - 3
3rd/4th Grade Girls - 1

If I do not get confirmation and entry fees for at least 8 teams by Jan. 4th for the 5th/6th grade boys and girls, there will be no tournament and all entry fees that I have will be returned. 3rd/4th grade boys and girls confirmation and entry fees by Feb 1st or the same applies. It just doesn't make sense to have a tournament with 4 or 5 teams. Sorry.

As far as game rules, full court press only last minute of each half and 10 ft. rims. That applies to all tournaments.

Also, 3rd/4th boys and girls tournament has been moved the elementary due to Jr. High tournaments.

Thanks again,
Jason Watson

SWBiddyBall
Waterboy

Post by SWBiddyBall »

More information.

These are the teams (including home team) currently interested in the tournament for the 5th and 6th Grades.

5th and 6th Grade Boys:
South Webster
Gallipolis 6th
Gallipolis 5th/6th
River Valley 6th

5th and 6th Grade Girls:
South Webster A
South Webster B
Wellston 5th/6th
Ironton 5th/6th
Greenup 5th
Oak Hill 6th

Only one team has sent in their entry fee. If I do not receive enough entry fees by Jan. 5th, there will be no tournament for the 5th and 6th Boys and Girls. If you have sent in an entry fee and the tournament is cancelled, I will send the check dirctly back to you.

If we do have the tournament and bad weather postpones it. I will reschedule another date for the tournament and you will not loose your entry fee or your spot in the tournament.

Thanks again,
Jason Watson

jeepcoach
Waterboy

Post by jeepcoach »

Jason,

Our 3rd and 4th grade team is playing at west this sat and get me a flyer and I will give it to the other 3rd and 4th grade girls teams.

Roger Sessor

SWBiddyBall
Waterboy

Post by SWBiddyBall »

Tournament Update
Tournament Dates: January 16th & 17th
I am getting a lot of calls for this tournament at the last minute, which is fine. I must recieve the $100 entry fee by Thursday for all teams in the boys bracket and girls bracket. I would like to get the rosters then as well. I cannot extend the deadline any further due to ordering trophies and getting everything else finalized. Here are the teams interested and if they get the entry fees in by Thursday plus a couple more (3 for boys and 2 for girls), we'll have a tournament.

5th/6th Boys:
South Webster
Gallipolis 6th
Gallipolis 5th/6th
River Valley 6th
Eastern 5th/6th
West 6th

5th and 6th Grade Girls:
South Webster A
South Webster B
Wellston 5th/6th
Ironton 5th/6th
Greenup 5th
Oak Hill 6th
Minford 6th
Eastern 5th/6th

Hope everyone get their fees in and we have this tournament. I know how these kids like participating in them.

Again, make checks payable to: South Webster Biddy Ball
and send them to me: Jason Watson
P.O. Box 388
South Webster, OH 45682

Thanks again,
Jason Watson

SWBiddyBall
Waterboy

Post by SWBiddyBall »

5th and 6th Grade Boys and Girls Tournament is cancelled!

I'm very sorry to have to announce this, but due to lack of team entries we will not be able to hold the 5th/6th Boys and Girls Tournament.

All teams that sent their fees in, they are being mailed back tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I wish we could have had this tournament. Maybe in the future we will be able to one for the 5th and 6th Graders.

The 3rd/4th Grade Boys and Girls Tournament is still on schedule as of right now.

Any questions feel free to contact me at 740-357-3495.

Thanks,
Jason Watson

High Plains Drifter
Freshman Team

Post by High Plains Drifter »

Can't believe you guys cancelled with 14 teams, boys and girls.
Y'all lost alot of money.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

Why cancel? You have enough teams to have a tourney for 5/6 combined in each boys and girls? $1400 just pi$$ed away!

SWBiddyBall
Waterboy

Post by SWBiddyBall »

To respond to this, as I normally would not. The teams I listed on the post were teams that were interested, not necessarily paid entries. The only entry fees I received were from 4 teams for the boys and 3 teams for the girls. I talked with teams and told them the deadline. Some responded and some did not. I would love to have a tournament for these kids, but things do have to be paid for in order to do so. Last year there was a Holiday Tournament held for 3rd-6th boys and girls and it turned into a huge mess. Partly due to the fact that entry fees were not collected in advance. Then when something went wrong a team would back out and not pay their entry fee. Teams were then left without opponents and games were being added to try and make teams happy, then games got delayed by 2 hours or more. There were just a lot of things that went bad that could've possibly been avoided if entry fees were gathered ahead of time. I wanted to put last year behind us and hold respectible tournament for these kids and the schools, but if I couldn't do the tournament correctly, then I was not going to do it at all. Teams would be traveling hours to participate and I was not going to have them do that and then sit and wait for a supposed team to show up and then never show. This tournament was not about making money, it was about doing something for the kids. Unfortunately, I'm not rich and there are costs involved. With that being said, I do again apologize to all teams & coaches that submiited their entry fees on time and to the parents of the youngsters on those teams.

Thanks,
Jason Watson

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

I see your point especially since the fiasco from last year. Teams should have paid in advance so I see your problem. Good Luck next time!

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

I do understand where you are coming from, but having ran tourneys for years I never asked for
entry money untill time of game. And don't get me wrong 1400.00 dollars is alot of money, but
your gate on a weekend tourney along with concession would easily be close to 4000.00 dollars.
As far as trophs or what ever you give out, all businesses will wait for their money. Still nice to
see someone at SW trying to do good for their kids. Good luck Jason to you and your program.

turncoat-ump13
Freshman Team

Post by turncoat-ump13 »

I agree westside, I never asked for money up front. Teams had to pay before they played. Most teams that commit will show up, and if they can't make it they will call. I have had teams drop out the night before tournament and was still able to get everything worked out. The problem with this tournament is that it is during most of the biddy leagues regular season. Most tournaments are not until Feb and Mar when biddy league seasons are over and all-stars are picked.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

I am the coach for the oak hill 6th grade girls team. I am disappointed there is no tournament but I understand. If there are any 6th grade girls teams that would like to play at Oak Hill this Sunday @ 3:00 or 4:00 please email me at jason.wright@oakhill.k12.oh.us or contact me at 418-0482.

Lovetheroundball
Riding the Bench

Post by Lovetheroundball »

How is it looking for having the 3rd/4th grade boys tournament? This was posted so early and alot of allstar teams are just now forming. Maybe if you are short on teams and posted the teams already in some 2nd grade teams would even consider entering.

SWBiddyBall
Waterboy

Post by SWBiddyBall »

3rd and 4th Grade Boys and Girls Tournament is cancelled!

I'm very sorry to have to announce this, but due to lack of team entries we will not be able to hold the 3rd/4th Boys and Girls Tournament.
If any teams sent their fees in, they are being mailed back tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience. I wish we could have had this tournament. I think that with 2 to 3 other tournaments going on at the same time is why we didn't get enough teams. We only had one entry fees and about 4 more teams interested. Maybe next year we can start things earlier and get the word out better. I do wish all teams and schools good luck in the other tournaments for the rest of the year.

Any questions feel free to contact me at 740-357-3495.

Thanks,
Jason Watson

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”